Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
NFS 3 runs perfect now, no slowdowns

Screenshot_20231006-114058.png

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which one is the most compatible? The Less Buggy? what is libpsxcore? Is it related to Lightrec?
Seems WiiSX is the first ps1 emu with Triple buffering on wiiu, is it? BIG THANK TO EMIKIDID!!!
I'm wondering the improvements in term of compatibility in many games....As good as Wiistation lightrec?
Is it better than Duckstation, ESPXE, FPSE on android now? which order would you give?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tested for a bit, I was surprised by the audio, it seems to have all the channels that have been missing in previous forks, the distortion in games such as Vandal Hearts seems to be gone, and has reverb as an option so it sounds like playing on my ps2.

As far as performance I did not notice any difference with the couple games I tested as they seemed to work well already, but it's incredible to see another big jump forward, thanks pcercuei and emu_kidid!

I wonder if the deflicker/240p options from Wiistation could be combined, or if the changes made make it not feasible...

I would never have expected for ps1 emulation to get this good on Wii. I still haven't checked the retroarch core, even.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On wiiU, emulation is a good as it can be concerning performance, it peaks almost all the time at 59 Fps.
No the problem seems more related to compatibility problem, I launched a Forwarder for WIISX to play with gamepad and I got a bug at the first boss of Thunderforce V, the best shooter game on PSX ;-)
R-TYPE DELTA is running at FULL Speed in my memorie, without overclock!!
Didn't had any bug playing with wiiremote....Couldn't manage to pass the 1st boss for the moment, it was bugging all the time at that point before.
I Think it might be because of the forwarder or the use of a Gamepad ... Emukidid, please have a check on that, playing with a WIIU GAMEPAD is So much better than a wii remote.....!!

Reactions: cheloruiz79

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In performance and compatibility, is WiiSX above Wiistation? (Wii U does not count), i hope 240p and de-interleaced among the optional filters get added in here too.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent release! Some bugs I've encountered in a quick testing:

Ergheiz seems to have a broken image?
Bedlam which was previously reported as not having proper graphics in wiistation still doesn't on this new build of WiiSX
Tekken 3 runs full speed now(!!!) but it froze on me trying to get back into the menu

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested Tomba! on WiiSX and it does not run at full speed without frame skipping, while Wiistation runs it a bit better now with only 3 or 4 fps of dipping, while before it slow down to 50fps.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I bet the performance on GameCube is incredible now, hopefully someone tries it out.
Post automatically merged:

Some more testing:

Roll Away still crash after level 1
Madden 05 seems to have a spiky polygon issue
The menu freezing issue will happen on Ridge Racer High Spec and Goiken Muyou too, I suspect the interlace mode on some games are causing the issue.

Also it might just be me but the frameskip and dithering options don't seem to do anything anymore?

Also can anyone else confirm whether or not 60fps games are running "jittery"? It feels like it's skipping frames automatically.

Last edited by Disorarara,

emu_kidid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gc-forever.com
XP
Country
Australia
The GX hardware accelerated GPU is under heavy development, I wouldn't use it.

And yeah, several menu options no longer work and need to be reintegrated to support the core changes, these fixes are coming.

If you find something crashes, try the non CHD to rule out memory issues associated with CHD.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I see there's WiiSX GX there? Is there a hardware accelerated build?
Yeah there's a hardware accelerated GPU build of WiiSX but it's sooooo unfinished and it's experimental.
Last time i tried it it had several resolution issues, pretty bad color handling and some games even crash trying to play them in that plugin.

The GX hardware accelerated GPU is under heavy development, I wouldn't use it.

And yeah, several menu options no longer work and need to be reintegrated to support the core changes, these fixes are coming.

If you find something crashes, try the non CHD to rule out memory issues associated with CHD.
Speaking about non-functional menus, i noticed that i can't change nor save the Dithering setting anymore? Is there any fix for that?

Reactions: GustavoReis

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
This new WiiSX release is excellent as far as speed goes, being able to play technically impressive games like g-police, rapid racer and terracon with minimal to no slowdown is awesome. It still isn't quite fast enough for interlaced fighting games aside from Tekken 3 to run at full speed but to see these other games running so well is truly amazing. I also noticed the "jittering" that happens in 60fps games doesn't seem to happen on european PAL games running at 50, those seem to run just fine with no stuttering.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a forwarder for Wii U (installable WUP) available for this one? Would love to add it to my collection!

Jimgabe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah there's a hardware accelerated GPU build of WiiSX but it's sooooo unfinished and it's experimental.
Last time i tried it it had several resolution issues, pretty bad color handling and some games even crash trying to play them in that plugin.

Speaking about non-functional menus, i noticed that i can't change nor save the Dithering setting anymore? Is there any fix for that?
Can you provide the hardware accel. build please? Couldn't find it.

sno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow I just found this! I'll try a few titles with recording later and report back here by Saturday/Sunday or early next week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto