Homebrew WiiSX RX - A new fork.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, I mean hell, now that i remember there used to be another fork of a fork called WiiSX Silver, that one has some minor improvements over old dynarec WiiSX and even theoretically could do 240p, from the dude how gives us RetroArch Hexaco, but even that one is more of an ancient artifact in comparison now.

I will say tough, the overflow of Forks and the original does turn people off from coming back and give i a try.

WiiSX Original
WiiSXR,
WiiSXRX (the old dynarec)
WiiSX Silver
WiiSXRX2022 (former) / Wiistation (current) (If would be me, ill consider Wiistation separate form its predecessor.),
WiiSX 2023 (Lightrec Revival)

, and i heard there is a WIISRX or WiiSX RX Beta....geez.

Keep your eye only on WiiSX and Wiistation from now on.
one more question, do any of these forks support light gun via wiimote? For games like Time crisis, etc

Reactions: SaulFabre

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, i only tested the first version of the WiiSX revival with the very early version of lightrect, and while it did behave the same was Wiistation at the time, personally i like to stick with the latter, because this was the first fork that got resurrected since last year in the form of (WiiSXRX2022) with promise of improvement that most of us did not thought it was possible, specially with the flabby pessimism there used to be around with ''the Wii just doesn't have enough RAM or horse power to do it'', whereas my suspicion always land more on ''The emulators just suck and are underdeveloped to their potential'', if the wii could eventually get great GBA emulation to the point of close to accuracy with MGBA which was a colossal leap over the abandoned poorly done mess that was VBAGX, yet somehow it struggles with the chip based SNES titles outside of their Virtual Console counterparts? let alone Ps1 and N64, or even Arcade games? that just doesn't make sense to me.

And now here we are, nearly a year since its revival, WiiSXRX2022 is now Wiistation, and at the very least, the fact that i can run Castlevania Symphony of the Night at full speed 98% of the time except for the polygonal room in the chapel if i have Dither ON and only slowdown during the screen melting transition effect which is passable, gives me hope that things are just gonna be better, all it took is people to stop procrastinating and being pessimistic and just, trying. :)
so does wiisxrx still get updated? or is it officially now wiistation?
Post automatically merged:

after testing the new psx emulators i figured id post my findings incase the devs care.

WiiSXRX-40-Preview:

return fire - music doesnt work (the music doesnt work in any psx emu for the wii, ive tried them all, and yes my copy of the game is fine, the music works fine on my psx emulator on my computer)

diehard trilogy - dh1 runs great, dh2 has minor graphical glitches and the music doesnt loop right(works fine in wiistation and WiiSX-3.0), diehard 3 works great(wiisxrx 4.0 is the only psx emu that doesnt have massive slowdown during the bomb explosions in diehard 3)

rayman - fmv videos are like off to the right of the screen (WiiSXRX-3.3-DS and
WiiSX-3.0 dont have this issue. this also happens in wiistation though.)

star wars: dark forces freezes at loading screen before title screen (this also happens with WiiSXRX-3.3-DS. in WiiSX-3.0 it loads but all weapons and enemies are invisible as well as many other textures etc, not playable. wiistation is the only one that runs this game perfectly)

Last edited by seam1,

weiland_mx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a question regarding THPS 1. how can i play the 2 player mode on the Wii U? , I have the gamepad and a a Wii U pro controller, i can play 1 player game with any of them ,but on 2 player mode the pro controller moves both players at the same time and the gamepad does nothing, i change the settings from automatic to manual, and i lose gamepad support. Using wiisxrx v4.0 but Is the same on 3.3

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reliving a dead thread.

@niuus
What piece of code did you modify for disable Dithering by default?
Because i'm interested in making a build of WiiSX RX/WiiStation with Dithering enabled by default, which is required for play correctly Silent Hill.

And value i have to modify in code for re-enable Dithering by default?
Thanks ;)

Reactions: GustavoReis

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reliving a dead thread.

@niuus
What piece of code did you modify for disable Dithering by default?
Because i'm interested in making a build of WiiSX RX/WiiStation with Dithering enabled by default, which is required for play correctly Silent Hill.

And value i have to modify in code for re-enable Dithering by default?
Thanks ;)
@niuus

Nevermind, i was playing with your code and made a proper fix for Dithering setting saving ;)
https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/pull/91

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have always liked the Ps1 and I still love my Wii U, so this project is in one word AMAZING.
Though, I do have a question: I have some old savefiles from my original Ps1, which I have on my computer and converted with Memrex. I have put them in the "saves" map, but they are not recognized in any game that I start. Does anyone have an idea how to get this working?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have always liked the Ps1 and I still love my Wii U, so this project is in one word AMAZING.
Though, I do have a question: I have some old savefiles from my original Ps1, which I have on my computer and converted with Memrex. I have put them in the "saves" map, but they are not recognized in any game that I start. Does anyone have an idea how to get this working?
You have to rename the savefiles according to the CD-ROM ID number without any dashes (ex. SLUS99999).

For example: if for Rayman (USA), the CD-ROM ID is SLUS-00005, so you need to rename the savefile for Rayman (USA) as SLUS00005.mcd

You can find the CD-ROM ID numbers at PSXDataCenter in Game Lists section: https://psxdatacenter.com/sitenews.html

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to rename the savefiles according to the CD-ROM ID number without any dashes (ex. SLUS99999).

For example: if for Rayman (USA), the CD-ROM ID is SLUS-00005, so you need to rename the savefile for Rayman (USA) as SLUS00005.mcd

You can find the CD-ROM ID numbers at PSXDataCenter in Game Lists section: https://psxdatacenter.com/sitenews.html

Thank you, I did manage to get this working. You're my hero for today B-)
Post automatically merged:

Tested some of the multitap games in WiiSXRX DS 3.3 on the Wii U , here are the results:

Games that work:
- Crash Team Racing (EUR)
- Adidas Power Soccer 2 (EUR)
- Adidas Power Soccer 98 (USA)
- Team Buddies (EUR) (game crashes after playing a game though, but good playabale)
- Sled Storm (USA)
- Street Racer (USA)
- Sydney 2000 (USA)
- Crash Bash (USA) - with flickering characters (not that good playable)

Games that don't work:
- Fifa 99 (EUR) (no controls at all with multitap)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (EUR) (Can't get player 2 to work, 1, 3 and 4 work fine)
- International Track & Field (USA) (does not work, keeps going to the menu)
- International Track & Field 2 (EUR) (Can't get player 2 to work, 1, 3 and 4 work fine)
- ISS Pro Evolution (EUR) (Can't get player 2 to work, 1, 3 and 4 work fine)
- NHL 2000 (USA) (crashes at the start, 1 player seems to be working fine)
- Pro Evolution Soccer (EUR) (Can't get player 2 to work, 1, 3 and 4 work fine)
- This is Football 2 (EUR), crashes when starting a game
- Destruction Derby Raw (USA), crashes when starting a battle

I did use 4 Wii U Pro controllers in my tests, this seems to work fine.

Last edited by L0w,

mcfry666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to start wiisxrx 4.0 preview trough wiiflow lite with the classic controller preconfigured? i have to enter the menu with the wiimote by pressing (-)+(+) and reconnect the classic controller to be able to use it.

Last edited by mcfry666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol