Legacy of Kain

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anybody working on any of the lok games? if not i would like to
im asking because i dont want that we end up with 2 texturemods of the same game ;)

Reactions: Panda_Venom

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Something slowing you down with this games for a long time...I am currently working on one game that will be a surprise and which will be the next one in my Mega Library, but after it...since you are not in a hurry, I will work on Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain Defiance.

P.S. But I will not work on Blood Omen 2. I don't like this game. So if you're still going to do something, you can do it. If you like.

• Love
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something slowing you down with this games for a long time...I am currently working on one game that will be a surprise and which will be the next one in my Mega Library, but after it...since you are not in a hurry, I will work on Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain Defiance.

P.S. But I will not work on Blood Omen 2. I don't like this game. So if you're still going to do something, you can do it. If you like.
Thats great mate

let me give you a short recap what happend and how the status now:

so i started with the original soul reaver on pc after some researching i could extract the textures then ive run it throug my gigapixel a.i but then ive looked for a way to insert the modified textures back found one but there was a catch the game engine doesnt accept high resolutions then ive digged a little deeper the beta versions of soul reaver were running with a higher resolution and ive tried to take those beta textures and insert at least those textures to geet any kind of improvement but with no success the beta textures are encrypted differently and those keys arent available anywhere

then i started with soul reaver 2 but on my playthrough my old computer broke down had to buy new parts then the new parts arrived but my gpu broke now im waiting on the release of the 4090 to start my work again

and yes i will start then with blood omen 2 eveeen tho i hate those bosses

ive also looked into modding blood omen 1 but its even more complicated then soul reaver 1

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm having problems with Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2. I started going through the game, collecting texture dumps and upscaling them in parallel, but after a couple of days, the game now refuses to start and the emulator crashes. The crash report gives something related to DLL libraries, but they are present in the System32 folder. So I don't know what's the matter, but it looks like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 was a bummer. Although, if someone sends me texture dumps of this game, I will upscale them.

All that I managed to upscale here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kuoel55uwazaz6/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_2_PS2_Upscale_Textures_%5BSLUS-20165%5D_Beta.rar/file

Update: I tried the Pal version. Works. So I'll keep working on Soul Reaver 2. Good thing I didn't get that far in the NTSC version.

Last edited by CCKrizalid,

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having problems with Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2. I started going through the game, collecting texture dumps and upscaling them in parallel, but after a couple of days, the game now refuses to start and the emulator crashes. The crash report gives something related to DLL libraries, but they are present in the System32 folder. So I don't know what's the matter, but it looks like Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2 was a bummer. Although, if someone sends me texture dumps of this game, I will upscale them.

All that I managed to upscale here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kuoel55uwazaz6/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver_2_PS2_Upscale_Textures_%5BSLUS-20165%5D_Beta.rar/file

Update: I tried the Pal version. Works. So I'll keep working on Soul Reaver 2. Good thing I didn't get that far in the NTSC version.
yeah i had those errors in pal version too

the only solution for me was to restart the emu and make heavy use of savestates

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
yeah i had those errors in pal version too

the only solution for me was to restart the emu and make heavy use of savestates
The same problems started with the Pal version. So I will not be able to collect dumps of this game. We'll have to skip it and start collecting Defiance dumps.

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't know why, but when I upscale the resulting texture dumps and put them in the replacement folder, when I run the game through the emulator, it crashes. Apparently the same thing happened with Soul Reaver 2. In general, I can collect dumps, I can upscale, but I can’t check the final result. So I don't even know what to do.

Update: It is possible that these games simply do not support texture upscaling? I don't know how it is connected, but other games that I upscaled, works fine. And the games of the Legacy of Kain series refuse to work after upscaling.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know why, but when I upscale the resulting texture dumps and put them in the replacement folder, when I run the game through the emulator, it crashes. Apparently the same thing happened with Soul Reaver 2. In general, I can collect dumps, I can upscale, but I can’t check the final result. So I don't even know what to do.

Update: It is possible that these games simply do not support texture upscaling? I don't know how it is connected, but other games that I upscaled, works fine. And the games of the Legacy of Kain series refuse to work after upscaling.
hmmm sounds like theres something wrong back when i worked on soul reaver 2 i could play with some of my ""upscalled" textures as soon as my gpu is here i will do some test

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hmmm sounds like theres something wrong back when i worked on soul reaver 2 i could play with some of my ""upscalled" textures as soon as my gpu is here i will do some test
I found a solution to the problem not without the participation of zombies 167. After the upscale shooter "Black", I will return to the Legacy of Kain series.

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The solution to the problem is quite simple. All you need is to reformat the final result of the upscaled textures not to the DDS format, but to the PNG format. I don't know how it works, but the PNG format does not crash the emulator and works quite well. Working on Soul Reaver 2.

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The solution to the problem is quite simple. All you need is to reformat the final result of the upscaled textures not to the DDS format, but to the PNG format. I don't know how it works, but the PNG format does not crash the emulator and works quite well. Working on Soul Reaver 2.
i thought @Bl4ckH4nd had allready done the complete series while im still waiting on my new gpu

anyway yeah dds is a hellhole at the momemt probably needs a speecific dds type probably with correect mipmaps and bc3/bc5 compression but dont quote me at that

im still searchin for a good dds programm most of them will turn your highres textures back to low res

CCKrizalid

Angry Russian dude?
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Bl4ckH4nd

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
i thought @Bl4ckH4nd had allready done the complete series while im still waiting on my new gpu

anyway yeah dds is a hellhole at the momemt probably needs a speecific dds type probably with correect mipmaps and bc3/bc5 compression but dont quote me at that

im still searchin for a good dds programm most of them will turn your highres textures back to low res
Hey yeah I did the packs for them. I should be able to post soon. I've done a bunch more packs the last week or so. I'm going to drop a link to my whole PS2 folder here.
Post automatically merged:

I
Anybody working on any of the lok games? if not i would like to
im asking because i dont want that we end up with 2 texturemods of the same game ;)
I finally managed to post my stuff here.

Thank you for helping me out :)

Last edited by Bl4ckH4nd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: