• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Supreme Court Strikes down a New York gun-control law

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is one small part of the way it affects men, but again, if it affects the economy and working conditions in general, it affects everybody. Millennials and gen Z are largely choosing not to reproduce, and this decision allows the state to override that choice.

It remains a human right and a necessity in any developed country. Besides, banning it won't mean the end of abortions, it'll only mean the end of safe abortions. I suppose that's the point though: to make women who don't want to go into poverty for the sake of the economy suffer.
Abortions are never safe. Somebody dies every single time. Sometimes, like with Dr. Gosnell, women died too.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what colour has to do with it - unless you are race baiting.
I was pointing out the irony of the people who complain that unelected people "took a right away", it was the same unelected body who made it up in the first place. At least the Dobbs decision had more diversity and if it's one thing I've learned in the last 6 years is that diversity is the most important aspect of everything.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's your religious right to believe that a ball of cells is the same thing as a human. Hell, believe that a sperm is a thinking, feeling, living being with a soul for all I care. That right ends where somebody else's religious beliefs (or lack thereof) begins.
I'm not religious, so don't bother with that arguemnet. As for a human being a bunch of cells - you're also a bunch of cells, should you be put down? The facts are that an unborn baby is a living human, killing them intentionally because you think of them as an inconvience is nothing more than murder and I am sure even those women that have abortions are non religious have it on their mind for their entire life and wonder if they will face the wrath of god come the end of their life when they are judged on their actions. I have met a few women over the years that thought about abortion, but changed their minds at the last minute and they are so happy when they have their children expecially as they mature. I also see childless women in their middle ages and see how sad they are that they are alone in their life and their only friend is a cat.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not religious, so don't bother with that arguemnet ... The facts are that an unborn baby is a living human
Self-contradictory. I subscribe to actual biology, while the belief that a human being is created the second the pregnancy test reads positive is based entirely in religious silliness.

Reactions: pustal and KingVamp

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Self-contradictory. I subscribe to actual biology, while the belief that a human being is created the second the pregnancy test reads positive is based entirely in religious silliness.
At what point do you think the baby becomes a living being? How many days!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At what point do you think the baby becomes a living being? How many days!
Roughly the end of the second trimester/beginning of the third. That's when the brain starts to really develop (and doesn't finish until a person is in their early/mid 20s). I'd prefer if no abortions took place after that, but there are always going to be some exceptions for medical emergencies.

Reactions: KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roughly the end of the second trimester/beginning of the third. That's when the brain starts to really develop (and doesn't finish until a person is in their early/mid 20s). I'd prefer if no abortions took place after that, but there are always going to be some exceptions for medical emergencies.
I have a few questions, Mr. Biologist.

1. What species of organism is the baby before the second trimester?

2. If doctors declare death when the heart stops beating and cannot be resuscitated, then wouldn't logic dictate that life begins at least when the heart starts beating?

3. You seem to imply that a fully developed brain signifies life. Can you explain lesser lifeforms like sponges, single celled organisms, plants and fungi?

Reactions: mrdude and AlexMCS

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions, Mr. Biologist.

1. What species of organism is the baby before the second trimester?

2. If doctors declare death when the heart stops beating and cannot be resuscitated, then wouldn't logic dictate that life begins at least when the heart starts beating?

3. You seem to imply that a fully developed brain signifies life. Can you explain lesser lifeforms like sponges, single celled organisms, plants and fungi?
1. A ball of cells more or less, not really any sort of fully-formed organism.

2. The presence of a heart alone does not indicate a fully thinking, feeling, and comprehending being.

3. Referring to human life specifically in this discussion, I figured that was implied. "I think, therefore I am," as it were.

Reactions: pustal

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. A ball of cells more or less, not really any sort of fully-formed organism.

2. The presence of a heart alone does not indicate a fully thinking, feeling, and comprehending being.

3. Referring to human life specifically in this discussion, I figured that was implied. "I think, therefore I am," as it were.
But yet, it is illegal to destroy sea turtle eggs. By your logic, they are not sea turtles, just a ball of cells, not destined to become anything more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But yet, it is illegal to destroy sea turtle eggs. By your logic, they are not sea turtles, just a ball of cells, not destined to become anything more.
Nature has its own methods of abortion, you don't get to make that choice for the sea turtles any more than you should be able to make the choice for human beings who don't believe the same things you do.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And by THAT logic it's not only totally fine to abort children, but also to hunt humans for food. I hope you'll see the mistake in your logic yourself. If you want to argue, don't resort to such moronic comparisons unless you thought them through.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nature has its own methods of abortion, you don't get to make that choice for the sea turtles any more than you should be able to make the choice for human beings who don't believe the same things you do.
So the sea turtles still in eggs have more of a right to life than an unborn baby? Because I'm not sure if you are aware, but once a female turtle (can we still say that?) lays her eggs and goes back into the ocean. You're not exactly clear who has a choice here because your argument is starting to break down.

Reactions: mrdude

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by THAT logic it's not only totally fine to abort children, but also to hunt humans for food. I hope you'll see the mistake in your logic yourself. If you want to argue, don't resort to such moronic comparisons unless you thought them through.
I hope you stretched those hammies before making that reach. By the way, it's not my logic. I'm showing the gaping holes in the left's logic supporting human sacrifice.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only sad part about this whole thing, is that this has been a law in NY for as long as it has been. How has this been a law since 1911, and not been struck down decades ago?

Also, LIVING IN NYC is reason enough to get a gun permit, I used to work in that hell hole half a decade ago.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I hope you stretched those hammies before making that reach. By the way, it's not my logic. I'm showing the gaping holes in the left's logic supporting human sacrifice.
The left have always been mental, they see things that aren't there in everything and have a slanted view on reality. I especailly like the South Parks episode "The Tale Of Scrottie McBoogerBalls" where the writers mock the left for this very thing.

Talking of Scrottie McBoogerballs - the comments here are very funny, no doubt the left would take them as serious and debate them all day long - because, you know - they are mental.

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/7915570-the-tale-of-scrotie-mcboogerballs

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I just find sad the lost irony that the same people that are advocating for the right of a feetus to 'live' are the same working their arse off so that actual born children can be killed at a greater rate than they are currently are in the US.

If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find sad the lost irony that the same people that are advocating for the right of a feetus to 'live' are the same working their arse off so that actual born children can be killed at a greater rate than they are currently are in the US.

If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

The left's programming is breaking down. We've already seen this same comment multiple times on this thread. Come up with something new NPC.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The left's programming is breaking down. We've already seen this same comment multiple times on this thread. Come up with something new NPC.
They are stuck in a loop, their programming would look like this.

10 goto 20
20 goto 10

Eventually their cpu's will overheat and crash - then they will jump onto the next SJW cause, Lefty NPC mongs.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are stuck in a loop, their programming would look like this.

10 goto 20
20 goto 10

Eventually their cpu's will overheat and crash - then they will jump onto the next SJW cause, Lefty NPC mongs.
I'm not sure how nonbinary code works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale