• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Everything wrong with the Texas Republican Party Platform

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Democrats have complete control over Congress, you would think they would be rushing to pass tax breaks for the lower brackets. But they never do that. They want us to pay high taxes. They just want the rich, except for their donors that they write exemptions for, to pay higher taxes. If the left was really for the little guy, this would have gotten done during Biden's first month in office. They've showed us who they really are. They hate all of us while we sit online and bicker amongst ourselves.

All they've done for us is give us a measly $600 check and sent us on our way because we didn't have money for more, but just sent 10's of billions of our money to Ukraine. Both sides should be outraged, but one side "sTaNdS wItH uKrAiNe" instead of America.
Complete control my ass. Kill the filibuster, then we'll talk.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a thought. Put legislation for the IRS to actually be able to do their job. They already reported they go after poor people because it's easy and they lack the funding to do investigations into CEO's. Since the many ways company heads can try to fool the IRS is a lot higher than someone who is near or at the poverty line.

Except that's not us. Whoever gave you that talking point is just wrong. I lived in both arizona and north Dakota. And when it starts randomly fucking snowing in Arizona during the winter. In the actual city I lived in. That's a problem. Because no one there is equipped to drive in snow, or deal with that cold of a climate. And nor are the buildings designed around snowfall. Roofs can collapse.
Edit:and in north Dakota, i'm seeing temperatures that are far out the "normal"
I have an even better solution, but here is my compromise. Eliminate federal income taxes for everybody in the bottom 50% income bracket. That way the IRS will be forced to go collect from rich people. If the left is really for the little guy, this is a no brainer.

Obama has a huge mansion in Martha's Vineyard and another in Hawaii, both right on the beach. All the climate alarmists live in houses that are way too big for their family size. They have private jets, giant yachts, helicopters, and gas guzzling vehicles. They have the biggest carbon footprint and yet, they tell us we need to sacrifice. And the left eats that shit up and I laugh at all of you when you do it, especially when the left calls the right a cult. That's priceless.

What is the normal? The normal for the past 10 years? 50 year? 100 years? You do know the Earth is 4 billion years old. It goes through cycles that are barely even understood by climate scientists. It's been warmer during the Middle Ages and we are still here. There's a reason all the climate predictions in the last 60 years have been proven false.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Crazy. (I'm not surprised) But your also not focusing on the fact that Trump, and the Republican party, passed that act, for taxes, that expires only for poor people, and makes them pay more in the long run. Can I get you to at least concede that both parties are bad? Both being pro corporate. And that the Republican party/MAGA, is part of the problem.
I have gone on to state several times over that Democrats, and Republicans are both, for CEO's and corporations. With the Republican party being more fascistic.
(calling women getting rapped as a benefit, from the fucking lawyer who made those bills that caused that is proof alone. If not, them also immedately blocking any investigations into radicalization within the military, or laws that would assist with that)
I know both parties are bad. Why do you think many Republicans are losing their primaries this cycle?

How did you go from both are bad to rape is a benefit and radicalization of the military?

Are you ok? Did you hit your head?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me ask you this then: At what point are riots mandatory for change?

Over the years we've seen plenty of riots and civil unrest work in favor of the average American. Black lives (and not just BLM), women's rights, worker's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and much more have had inarguably positive outcomes over the centuries, and will most certainly continue to do so.

According to you and what I'm sure would be most Republicans, riots are unconstitutional (technically they're not), and therefore should be demonized outright. Regardless of situation?
I abhor violence, especially political violence. Once you start violence, you have lost the debate.

And I understand that the left has been violent for decades. It's what they do. We've seen it all over the world many times over when communists take over. And the left does not find it weird that communism is almost always brought in at the barrel of a gun, but still advocate it. Another part of the cult right there.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
All the climate alarmists live in houses that are way too big for their family size. They have private jets, giant yachts, helicopters, and gas guzzling vehicles. They have the biggest carbon footprint and yet, they tell us we need to sacrifice.
That's a pretty major claim, I personally would have thought the biggest carbon footprint would have gone to those in the fossil fuel industry and lobby. But if there's evidence that it's actually all the climate alarmists, well that sucks.
You do know the Earth is 4 billion years old. It goes through cycles that are barely even understood by climate scientists.
Yup, the temperature changes over time. But if these cycles are barely understood, what makes you think that recent changes are indeed just a normal cycle? Surely there would be room for reasonable doubt if we have no idea how these cycles work. Ofc, saying they're "poorly understood" is a good way to get out of having to explain why this current part of the "cycle" appears to be happening drastically faster than the usual changes that happen over thousands of years. It's probably also a coincidence that it lines up with the drastic increase of emissions, that or all the science on how these emissions cause warming is fake, I guess.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a pretty major claim, I personally would have thought the biggest carbon footprint would have gone to those in the fossil fuel industry and lobby. But if there's evidence that it's actually all the climate alarmists, well that sucks.

Yup, the temperature changes over time. But if these cycles are barely understood, what makes you think that recent changes are indeed just a normal cycle? Surely there would be room for reasonable doubt if we have no idea how these cycles work. Ofc, saying they're "poorly understood" is a good way to get out of having to explain why this current part of the "cycle" appears to be happening drastically faster than the usual changes that happen over thousands of years. It's probably also a coincidence that it lines up with the drastic increase of emissions, that or all the science on how these emissions cause warming is fake, I guess.
You are comparing individual people to an entire industry. Do you really want this to be your first reply back to me?

I don't have to prove that they are a normal cycle. It's up to the climate alarmists to prove that they are not normal.

Who says it's even warming? It's been proven that climate scientists have gone back and "adjusted" past temps that have stood for decades. It's also proven that it's been both warmer and colder in the past since humans started walking the earth and life still flourishes here. For a group that believes in evolution, you people seem to think that everything is static and never changes. I've never understood how you guys square that round peg. But it's a cult and it's not supposed to make sense.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I abhor violence, especially political violence. Once you start violence, you have lost the debate.

So are you implying that the riots of the past should not have taken place? In your eyes, fighting to get rights for non white males, better working hours and conditions, things like these are not even necessary evils?

You seem to have created this odd scenario where "Lefties" both control the government:

Since Democrats have complete control over Congress....

...and are threatened by it to the point of violence...

And I understand that the left has been violent for decades...

...and then go on to continue this chaotic, self deprecating cycle...

...communism is almost always brought in at the barrel of a gun, but still advocate it.

...Which causes your Republican party to be caught in the middle of all this.

Is this an accurate enough portrayal? This master mind of techniques brought on by Democrats to crush the Republican party and turn the nation into communism, slaving for our corporate masters?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you implying that the riots of the past should not have taken place? In your eyes, fighting to get rights for non white males, better working hours and conditions, things like these are not even necessary evils?

You seem to have created this odd scenario where "Lefties" both control the government:

...and are threatened by it to the point of violence...

...and then go on to continue this chaotic, self deprecating cycle...

...Which causes your Republican party to be caught in the middle of all this.

Is this an accurate enough portrayal? This master mind of techniques brought on by Democrats to crush the Republican party and turn the nation into communism, slaving for our corporate masters?
I'm not implying anything. I don't know if there were alternatives to violence back then, but the Democrat Party has always been violent against the people so I guess it was justified self defense.

Tell me the party affiliation of the Speaker of the House, the Leader of the Senate and the President of the United States.

Since they are slaving for their corporate masters, then the apt description of the uniparty would be fascism. Make no mistake, communism is the end goal. Fascism is just another step to get there.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not implying anything. I don't know if there were alternatives to violence back then, but the Democrat Party has always been violent against the people so I guess it was justified self defense.

So if the Republican party supported workers' rights, black rights, women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and so on, back then there wouldn't have been any riots?

Tell me the party affiliation of the Speaker of the House, the Leader of the Senate and the President of the United States.

Imma take a wild guess and say they're Democrat.

Since they are slaving for their corporate masters, then the apt description of the uniparty would be fascism. Make no mistake, communism is the end goal. Fascism is just another step to get there.

Ok. Let's turn America communist. What then? Are they going to control the means of production like Bezos, Musk, Rothschild, Koch, Bush...? Are they going to create a wider poverty level, by increasing prices on the housing market, standard of living costs, basic necessities and such? You make communism out to be this great evil like modern capitalism is in much better of a position for a greater portion of people.

Though I must say that with all this Democrat blame and Republican idolization you've had recently, it makes that old argument of yours about being against big government and corporate leaders seem so aged... Just not very well.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
You are comparing individual people to an entire industry.
So now it's individual people and not "all the climate alarmists"? It's one group to another. Either way, this would be settled pretty easily if you backed up your claim, but I notice you haven't.
For a group that believes in evolution, you people seem to think that everything is static and never changes.
Back to being a group again, and also demonstrating that you aren't actually interested in a discussion instead of repeating the same misconceptions. If you had read my reply, you'd see that I don't think "everything is static", as explicitly stated. Earth's average temperature has changed in the past. This statement is true. It does not mean that a sudden and abnormal shift in temperature, coinciding with a drastic increase in emissions by a mechanism that is well-documented and proven, is normal. You can have normal cycles over thousands of years *and* a sudden change in temperature over the last fifty.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if the Republican party supported workers' rights, black rights, women's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and so on, back then there wouldn't have been any riots?

Imma take a wild guess and say they're Democrat.

Ok. Let's turn America communist. What then? Are they going to control the means of production like Bezos, Musk, Rothschild, Koch, Bush...? Are they going to create a wider poverty level, by increasing prices on the housing market, standard of living costs, basic necessities and such? You make communism out to be this great evil like modern capitalism is in much better of a position for a greater portion of people.

Though I must say that with all this Democrat blame and Republican idolization you've had recently, it makes that old argument of yours about being against big government and corporate leaders seem so aged... Just not very well.
I've think I've said numerous times on this forum that I do not play "what if" games, and yet, you people keep trying.

Your guess would be correct. So you are paying a little bit of attention to your surroundings.

Communism always creates a larger disparity in income levels every time it is tried. The problem with our capitalism is the federal government is not enforcing monopoly laws and they government is busy choosing winners and losers. The government forcing us onto private healthcare plans that may not suit us and forcing us to inject ourselves with an untested "vaccine" from Big Pharma companies, enabling them to make 10's of billions a quarter every single quarter over the last couple of years is not capitalism. That's cronyism. Not to mention all of the failed "investments" in "green energy" where the companies file bankruptcy as soon as that government check clears, like Solyndra.

Calling out Democrat bad behavior is not idolizing Republicans. The RINO's and NeverTrumpers are equally as guilty for the suffering of all of us as their cocktail party friends in the Democrat Party. But you do tend to read words that are not there in my posts. Not sure if you are dyslexic or mentally deficient. If you are I apologize.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now it's individual people and not "all the climate alarmists"? It's one group to another. Either way, this would be settled pretty easily if you backed up your claim, but I notice you haven't.

Back to being a group again, and also demonstrating that you aren't actually interested in a discussion instead of repeating the same misconceptions. If you had read my reply, you'd see that I don't think "everything is static", as explicitly stated. Earth's average temperature has changed in the past. This statement is true. It does not mean that a sudden and abnormal shift in temperature, coinciding with a drastic increase in emissions by a mechanism that is well-documented and proven, is normal. You can have normal cycles over thousands of years *and* a sudden change in temperature over the last fifty.
I did back up my claim. Obama has a mansion in Martha's Vineyard on the water and another mansion in Hawaii on the water. He specifically talked about the rising sea levels, yet he doesn't seem very concerned about it. Weird.

Another example is Nancy Pelosi just bought a house in Florida, on the water.

Look at all the people who take private jets and yachts to attend climate conventions while telling us we need to tighten our belts.

When the "elite" who tell us that we need to cut back our carbon footprint start taking it serious, then I will take it seriously. Until then, I will continue to live life the best I can and they can f off.

Define normal and abnormal changes in temperature. What was the normal rate of change during the Jurassic period? During the last ice age? During the height of Roman empire? During the Middle Ages?

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've think I've said numerous times on this forum that I do not play "what if" games, and yet, you people keep trying.

It's because if you admitted that riots both worked and were backed by both the first and second amendment, your entire pro Republican and constitutional law fronted narrative would crumble. You can't discredit riots without implying that you would be ok with 100 hour work weeks in terrible conditions and the lack of rights for anyone that isn't a white male.

Communism always creates a larger disparity in income levels every time it is tried. The problem with our capitalism is the federal government is not enforcing monopoly laws and they government is busy choosing winners and losers. The government forcing us onto private healthcare plans that may not suit us and forcing us to inject ourselves with an untested "vaccine" from Big Pharma companies, enabling them to make 10's of billions a quarter every single quarter over the last couple of years is not capitalism. That's cronyism. Not to mention all of the failed "investments" in "green energy" where the companies file bankruptcy as soon as that government check clears, like Solyndra.

Is this the same government your conservative Republicans currently, historically, have managed and controlled and profited from for about as long as the Democrats? The same corrupt system Republicans play with just as much as any other politician?

You seem to equate capitalism with the advancement of technology, and I'm not quite sure that's fair. Something could be said for competitive nature, yes, but concepts like green energy and vaccines aren't going to be developed overnight, and just because some people misuse them doesn't mean they're inherently bad systems. You're real big on holding the whole of something accountable for the actions of a few, which is weird because conservative Republicans have a habit of grooming some horrible people and that never seems like an issue with you.

Calling out Democrat bad behavior is not idolizing Republicans. The RINO's and NeverTrumpers are equally as guilty for the suffering of all of us as their cocktail party friends in the Democrat Party. But you do tend to read words that are not there in my posts.

Except you don't criticize any Republican and especially not Trump, and you continue enforcing this ideal that conservative Republicans are the most ideal political party to align. So how are we supposed to infer your stance when you continually post pro Republican responses and only demonize Democrats? You can't blame other people for inferring what you try so hard to imply.

Not sure if you are dyslexic or mentally deficient. If you are I apologize.

Weren't you just whining a few posts ago about being attacked? You sure cry a lot for someone who enjoys speaking in hypocrisy.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because if you admitted that riots both worked and were backed by both the first and second amendment, your entire pro Republican and constitutional law fronted narrative would crumble. You can't discredit riots without implying that you would be ok with 100 hour work weeks in terrible conditions and the lack of rights for anyone that isn't a white male.

Is this the same government your conservative Republicans currently, historically, have managed and controlled and profited from for about as long as the Democrats? The same corrupt system Republicans play with just as much as any other politician?

You seem to equate capitalism with the advancement of technology, and I'm not quite sure that's fair. Something could be said for competitive nature, yes, but concepts like green energy and vaccines aren't going to be developed overnight, and just because some people misuse them doesn't mean they're inherently bad systems. You're real big on holding the whole of something accountable for the actions of a few, which is weird because conservative Republicans have a habit of grooming some horrible people and that never seems like an issue with you.

Except you don't criticize any Republican and especially not Trump, and you continue enforcing this ideal that conservative Republicans are the most ideal political party to align. So how are we supposed to infer your stance when you continually post pro Republican responses and only demonize Democrats? You can't blame other people for inferring what you try so hard to imply.

Weren't you just whining a few posts ago about being attacked? You sure cry a lot for someone who enjoys speaking in hypocrisy.
You don't have the right to destroy other peoples' property and you can't tell me what to do.

Why are you deflecting? My comment about communism creating the greatest income disparity will always hold true. The same can be said for other forms of socialism like fascism.

I've been criticizing Republicans far longer in my real life a lot longer than I've been criticizing Democrats. I would say there are only a handful who are currently in Congress who I agree with. I was raised a Democrat and didn't change my party affiliation until 2007. Been a registered independent until recently so I can vote in primaries.

So you are one of those who can dish it out, but cries when somebody throws it back in your face. Duly noted.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have the right to destroy other peoples' property and you can't tell me what to do.

I'm not necessarily on board with the destruction of private properly if it has nothing to do with the cause, but it sounds kinda like you're deflecting the issue at hand...

Why are you deflecting? My comment about communism creating the greatest income disparity will always hold true. The same can be said for other forms of socialism like fascism.

Who's deflecting? You made one comment about communism. The rest of the paragraph was about the current state of American capitalism.

Try again.

I've been criticizing Republicans far longer in my real life a lot longer than I've been criticizing Democrats. I would say there are only a handful who are currently in Congress who I agree with. I was raised a Democrat and didn't change my party affiliation until 2007. Been a registered independent until recently so I can vote in primaries.

Then why be so supportive of one political party you don't even affiliate with? Just because you want to be against Democrats so bad?

So you are one of those who can dish it out, but cries when somebody throws it back in your face. Duly noted.

Who's crying? I just like pointing out your hypocrisy, especially when you run out of things to say.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not necessarily on board with the destruction of private properly if it has nothing to do with the cause, but it sounds kinda like you're deflecting the issue at hand...

Who's deflecting? You made one comment about communism. The rest of the paragraph was about the current state of American capitalism.

Try again.

Then why be so supportive of one political party you don't even affiliate with? Just because you want to be against Democrats so bad?

Who's crying? I just like pointing out your hypocrisy, especially when you run out of things to say.
So you were against the George Floyd riots? Billions in damage to personal property and over 30 murders. The left and the media, but I repeat myself, twisted themselves into pretzels to defend it.

You don't pay attention to my comments. I lump RINO's in with Democrats. Thankfully, the RINO's are getting cleaned out in the primaries and the Dems will be cleaned out in November.

You haven't pointed out any hypocrisy.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you were against the George Floyd riots? Billions in damage to personal property and over 30 murders. The left and the media, but I repeat myself, twisted themselves into pretzels to defend it.

Not inherently, no, but I've found that a lot of times when businesses get burned down it's not the fault of the original rioters, it's people using it as an excuse to cause mayhem or to discredit the movement as a whole.

I'm not sure where you're getting your figures from, but the closest I've seen is:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/americans-killed-protests-political-unrest-acled

Which purports that only a few dozen were killed due to violent rioting over the course of the year; any other murders that happened during the time were separate issues not related to the riots themselves.

You don't pay attention to my comments. I lump RINO's in with Democrats. Thankfully, the RINO's are getting cleaned out in the primaries and the Dems will be cleaned out in November.

Yes, I did. You're singling out RINOs but you still primarily post pro Republican sentiments and attack all things Democrat. You try to claim that you're Independent and against big government/corporation, but your responses betray that with every post.

You haven't pointed out any hypocrisy.

Did you not see where I pointed out how you whine when other people attack you despite you doing it as soon as you run out of arguments?

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you're saying is you hated the war against Nazi Germany?

a là @TraderPatTX : "Germany was controlled by Nazis that closely followed US Democrats and their racist policies. If Germany didn't want to exterminate all of the Jews then German citizens should have voted out the Nazi party and upheld the (whatever equates the German Constitution here). But they didn't because American DemoCANTs are being led by people like Biden who want to turn everything into communism and anti civil rights. Why are you deflecting so much? It sounds like you're projecting your Nazi love!"

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto