• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Everything wrong with the Texas Republican Party Platform

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Both parties are bad!" say a bunch of people who, strangely, continue to either vote republican, or don't vote and back their talking points anyways. Remind me again, what are you guys doing to actually change the system? Any uh, local politics you're involved in? Canvassing for grassroots campaigns maybe?

Or uh, do you just whine about the left online and call it centrism?
We are getting active locally. We have won many school board seats across the country and local offices. We are also not trying to change the system. We are trying to restore it back to the Constitution which the left openly hates. If you did a simple Google search, you'd know all of this.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are getting active locally. We have won many school board seats across the country and local offices. We are also not trying to change the system. We are trying to restore it back to the Constitution which the left openly hates. If you did a simple Google search, you'd know all of this.
I'm not asking for your party, lapdog. I'm asking about you personally. Do you, an individual, do anything, besides cry about the left online and call it political action?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not asking for your party, lapdog. I'm asking about you personally. Do you, an individual, do anything, besides cry about the left online and call it political action?
These threads are leftists struggle sessions. I'm not the one crying.

Considering I just moved to a new district in the last month, I haven't been able to do as much yet as I am still making contacts. Don't worry, I'll get there though.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Considering I just moved to a new district in the last month, I haven't been able to do as much yet as I am still making contacts. Don't worry, I'll get there though.
Lmao, that is just cope for doing nothing. What a fucking joke. If you don't take political action, your mewling is literally useless.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao, that is just cope for doing nothing. What a fucking joke. If you don't take political action, your mewling is literally useless.
Feeling cute, might volunteer to be a poll watcher in November. I'd like to see leftists try to throw me out like they did to other poll watchers in 2020.

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now name a tax that has ever been done right and explain why you would want the federal government to have even more power over us and drive the cost of everything even higher than what they are doing now.

Getting off of fossil fuels is a noble goal. We just need a technology that is reliable, safe, and cheap to make. Do you think it's weird that the people who talk about rising ocean levels and climate change the most have properties on the coast that they spent 10's of millions of dollars purchasing? It's almost like they don't believe their own bullshit but they expect us to believe it. I guess some people actually do believe it after all.

And here is your carbon capture system. They are called trees.

https://www.treehugger.com/more-trees-than-there-were-years-ago-its-true-4864115
Cap and Tax worked for HFCs

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Now name a tax that has ever been done right and explain why you would want the federal government to have even more power over us and drive the cost of everything even higher than what they are doing now.
Here's a thought. Put legislation for the IRS to actually be able to do their job. They already reported they go after poor people because it's easy and they lack the funding to do investigations into CEO's. Since the many ways company heads can try to fool the IRS is a lot higher than someone who is near or at the poverty line.
you think it's weird that the people who talk about rising ocean levels and climate change the most have properties
Except that's not us. Whoever gave you that talking point is just wrong. I lived in both arizona and north Dakota. And when it starts randomly fucking snowing in Arizona during the winter. In the actual city I lived in. That's a problem. Because no one there is equipped to drive in snow, or deal with that cold of a climate. And nor are the buildings designed around snowfall. Roofs can collapse.
Edit:and in north Dakota, i'm seeing temperatures that are far out the "normal"

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. No tax has ever worked because taxation is theft of people's time. A resource we cannot get back.

How many public systems like transportation and social security have been generously funded by billionaire philanthropists?

Is it, is it none? I've seen more philanthropists provide for countries outside of America as opposed to inside it.

But, *sigh*, I don't disagree with your stance on taxes. The problem is the idea behind taxes was that of solidarity, and it became tainted by corporate greed and underhanded political tactics. Now taxes have become little more than opposing blue v red stances and every party attacks the others idea of taxes until it's become this great evil unleashed upon the land. People should be paid appropriately, especially after taxes are taken out. Then it becomes a problem for the super rich.

Are you going to actively involve yourself in protests, riots, active anarchy? That's all constitutional. Would be pretty weird of you if you made some phone calls, picketed a clinic or two, and then just call it a day.

Last edited by SyphenFreht,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many public systems like transportation and social security have been generously funded by billionaire philanthropists?

Is it, is it none? I've seen more philanthropists provide for countries outside of America as opposed to inside it.

But, *sigh*, I don't disagree with your stance on taxes. The problem is the idea behind taxes was that of solidarity, and it became tainted by corporate greed and underhanded political tactics. Now taxes have become little more than opposing blue v red stances and every party attacks the others idea of taxes until it's become this great evil unleashed upon the land. People should be paid appropriately, especially after taxes are taken out. Then it becomes a problem for the super rich.

Are you going to actively involve yourself in protests, riots, active anarchy? That's all constitutional. Would be pretty weird of you if you made some phone calls, picketed a clinic or two, and then just call it a day.
The original idea behind taxes was that it was only going to affect the top 1%. History proves that was a lie. Yes, taxes now are a way to divide us and we fell for it, just like we have fallen for all the ways that we've been divided into smaller and smaller groups.

If I want to protest, I will. I have in the past. I will not involve myself in riots or anarchy because that is not constitutional and until 2020, was against the law.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
In the past, that may have been true. However, the tax breaks that were passed in 2017 reduced everybody's taxes. Even the NYTimes was forced to admit it.
except if you read what it said (not NYtimes, I mean the actual legal document). It was only for 3 years.
Afterwords the bottom most bracket (most people) would be raised, higher than what it was before the decrease. While the highest/higher tax bracket would keep it's decrease. With lower brackets, continuing to get taxes raised higher until 2027.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except if you read what it said (not NYtimes, I mean the actual legal document). It was only for 3 years.
Afterwords the bottom most bracket (most people) would be raised, higher than what it was before the decrease. While the highest/higher tax bracket would keep it's decrease. With lower brackets, continuing to get taxes raised higher until 2027.
Since Democrats have complete control over Congress, you would think they would be rushing to pass tax breaks for the lower brackets. But they never do that. They want us to pay high taxes. They just want the rich, except for their donors that they write exemptions for, to pay higher taxes. If the left was really for the little guy, this would have gotten done during Biden's first month in office. They've showed us who they really are. They hate all of us while we sit online and bicker amongst ourselves.

All they've done for us is give us a measly $600 check and sent us on our way because we didn't have money for more, but just sent 10's of billions of our money to Ukraine. Both sides should be outraged, but one side "sTaNdS wItH uKrAiNe" instead of America.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not involve myself in riots or anarchy because that is not constitutional and until 2020, was against the law.

So let me ask you this then: At what point are riots mandatory for change?

Over the years we've seen plenty of riots and civil unrest work in favor of the average American. Black lives (and not just BLM), women's rights, worker's rights, LGBTQ+ rights, and much more have had inarguably positive outcomes over the centuries, and will most certainly continue to do so.

According to you and what I'm sure would be most Republicans, riots are unconstitutional (technically they're not), and therefore should be demonized outright. Regardless of situation?

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Since Democrats have complete control over Congress, you would think they would be rushing to pass tax breaks for the lower brackets. But they never do that.
Yeah. Crazy. (I'm not surprised) But your also not focusing on the fact that Trump, and the Republican party, passed that act, for taxes, that expires only for poor people, and makes them pay more in the long run. Can I get you to at least concede that both parties are bad? Both being pro corporate. And that the Republican party/MAGA, is part of the problem.
I have gone on to state several times over that Democrats, and Republicans are both, for CEO's and corporations. With the Republican party being more fascistic.
(calling women getting rapped as a benefit, from the fucking lawyer who made those bills that caused that is proof alone. If not, them also immedately blocking any investigations into radicalization within the military, or laws that would assist with that)

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?