• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

2nd Amendment in the United States

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, next thing she knows, those 5 Intruders beat the Guy she would be with to Death, have their way with her, and probably end up killing her, oh, and if there are Kids in the House, yeah, they get traumatized by the whole ordeal. But at least the Criminals had their way, and did not get harmed.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too intoxicated to read a good amount of content, but I'll say that we do need the 2nd amendment in the US, just look at other countries like the UK with their stabbings, people will find a way. The gun control cities that also have a high amount of illegal firearm crime, they are still happening despite the strict laws. So who do the gun control laws really hurt?

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too intoxicated to read a good amount of content, but I'll say that we do need the 2nd amendment in the US, just look at other countries like the UK with their stabbings, people will find a way. The gun control cities that also have a high amount of illegal firearm crime, they are still happening despite the strict laws. So who do the gun control laws really hurt?
Exactly. Look at the Ukraine as well. They had Weapons, but then Obama went there, got them to get their People to give up their Weapons, then Russia showed up. Now the People there are having to Rearm, and ask for Weapons to fight back.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Very few people even in the US are paranoid enough to carry a gun absolutely everywhere they go. Stabbings are still a regular occurrence here.

DanielTheCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you're intoxicated since the UK has wayy less deaths. UK has 244 stab deaths in 22/23. US has about 3k stab deaths in 22/23.
The US has 333.3 million people in 2022. UK has 70 million people in 2022.
Doing the math for an average people per knife murder gets you
2.7 hundred thousand people per knife murder in the UK
1.1 hundred thousand people per knife murder in the US.
Thats means WE have a stabbing problem, not the UK. You don't have any evidence for your crazy theory.
In case you don't understand what the numbers mean, i'll give you a better example:
If you put 23.1 hundred thousand Americans and UK citizens (idk what to call them) then there will be more stabbed Americans than Europeans.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you're intoxicated since the UK has wayy less deaths. UK has 244 stab deaths in 22/23. US has about 3k stab deaths in 22/23.
The US has 333.3 million people in 2022. UK has 70 million people in 2022.
Doing the math for an average people per knife murder gets you
2.7 hundred thousand people per knife murder in the UK
1.1 hundred thousand people per knife murder in the US.
Thats means WE have a stabbing problem, not the UK. You don't have any evidence for your crazy theory.
In case you don't understand what the numbers mean, i'll give you a better example:
If you put 23.1 hundred thousand Americans and UK citizens (idk what to call them) then there will be more stabbed Americans than Europeans.

My reasoning for why we need guns honestly only has to do with self-defense, what the numbers are for who has more murders by knife attacks isn't the reason to allow U.S. citizens to own guns, it's to protect one's home and community, and to resist tyrannical governments.

Also the British is probably what you are looking for with the last bit.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reasoning for why we need guns honestly only has to do with self-defense, what the numbers are for who has more murders by knife attacks isn't the reason to allow U.S. citizens to own guns, it's to protect one's home and community, and to resist tyrannical governments.

Also the British is probably what you are looking for with the last bit.
Only problem is, in some places, if 1 or more Criminals go after you with a Knife, you could be Charged under the Law if you respond with a Firearm. Even if they are bigger and stronger than you, they want Criminals to have the Advantage.

But also, same scenario, but if you Injure 1 or more, they get Busted, they can throw a Lawsuit for Damages at you.
or....
Same Scenario, but if you End 1 or more, then their Family can then come after you with a Lawsuit.

So basically, there are those who think Criminals are more important than Victims.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Love the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. :D

I have only a couple of things wrong with it.

1. KARENS [male n feesmale]
2. Extremist
3. Gangs
4. Predators
5. Robbers
6. Bad Cops
7. Bad Drivers
8. Druggies n Drunks

To name a few. ☹️ :sad:

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2A was put in place so that if needed, The People could be able to keep the Government in check, and to also be able to fight back against Threats, either Foreign or Domestic. Also notice the Declaration of Independence part where (to sum it up), if ANY form of Government goes against The People, then The People then have a Duty and a Right to go against that Government.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's important but reasonable restrictions should be put in place. I am in favor of reasonable gun control policy.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's important but reasonable restrictions should be put in place. I am in favor of reasonable gun control policy.
Same here. But it should not Restrict The People to being able to keep the Government in Check, or any Hostile Force either Foreign or Domestic. That is what it was put in place for. There were a couple different Versions, and it took them a few Years to Finalize it. So they highly likely knew Weapons would be improved upon, unlike those who think that the Founders thought Weapons would be Muzzle Load and Flintlocks until the end of time.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Same here. But it should not Restrict The People to being able to keep the Government in Check, or any Hostile Force either Foreign or Domestic. That is what it was put in place for. There were a couple different Versions, and it took them a few Years to Finalize it. So they highly likely knew Weapons would be improved upon, unlike those who think that the Founders thought Weapons would be Muzzle Load and Flintlocks until the end of time.
I am going to be real with you, the average person with a gun isn't even remotely a threat to the government (domestic or foreign.) Considering how governments have killed people in the past, a gun didn't even remotely help change the situation.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to be real with you, the average person with a gun isn't even remotely a threat to the government (domestic or foreign.) Considering how governments have killed people in the past, a gun didn't even remotely help change the situation.
True. But would you rather go out Fighting back, or just let it happen?

Apparently a number of Countries where Gun Control was established, it did not go over well.......for those who became Defenseless.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True. But would you rather go out Fighting back, or just let it happen?

Apparently a number of Countries where Gun Control was established, it did not go over well.......for those who became Defenseless.
I can tell you for a fact that if war ever broke out, I will continue my family's long history of fleeing and changing my name.

Look, I don't know what the solution is to deal with the US being the only country with mass shootings and school shootings so regular that you can set your watch to them. But I do know the US has a problem and someone should really consider dealing with that problem.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you for a fact that if war ever broke out, I will continue my family's long history of fleeing and changing my name.

Look, I don't know what the solution is to deal with the US being the only country with mass shootings and school shootings so regular that you can set your watch to them. But I do know the US has a problem and someone should really consider dealing with that problem.
Well, I do know that if you take away or prevent everyday law abiding Citizens from Protecting and Defending themselves, Criminals will still get them Illegally like they already are. Notice California, NY, New Jersey, Illinois has Gun Control like no other, yet Criminals still have Guns. And unless they actually, physically also have Residency in State that have less Strict Laws, no, they are getting them Illegally from Stealing them, Black Market, or the few Shady Law Enforcement.

Besides, just because you take away Firearms, bad People will find a way to do what they are wanting. The UK is even looking to Ban Knives, especially if they are "Scary".

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I do know that if you take away or prevent everyday law abiding Citizens from Protecting and Defending themselves, Criminals will still get them Illegally like they already are. Notice California, NY, New Jersey, Illinois has Gun Control like no other, yet Criminals still have Guns. And unless they actually, physically also have Residency in State that have less Strict Laws, no, they are getting them Illegally from Stealing them, Black Market, or the few Shady Law Enforcement.

Besides, just because you take away Firearms, bad People will find a way to do what they are wanting. The UK is even looking to Ban Knives, especially if they are "Scary".
Bro, you are talking past everything I said. I don't believe in the idea that gun violence can be stopped through gun laws. At most, I believe that this is a mental health and class issue that has deeper underlining problems that need to be resolved or have proper methods of prevention. For example, better mental health screening, deeper background checks, regular training, and keeping better records on legal guns. I also believe there needs to be better education, as a whole. Nothing is going to be perfect but I honestly think it will do better than continuing the current system in the US.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Class Issue - Probably wont get rid of, unless Money goes away

Mental Health - Yes, however, there would be those saying Classify this a Mental Disorder, this, that, this, that.... . You could just want to have something, and not ever hope to need it, and they will say you are Mental for some reason. Just need it to be Legit, and no bull.

In the case of Training, and everything else, yes, but dont be like California, only wanting those who have a good amount of Money to be able to Exercise their 2A Right. In certain places, the whole Process costs well over $1000.
Plus, in terms of the Background Checks, we already have that. It is just at times, for some reason, there are those that somehow do not get Flagged when they should. Background Checks do go for Federal and State, so how are those with Records somehow able to magically Pass? Kind of makes you wonder.
Not to mention, if someone says they are going to do something horrific, how about actually doing something about them???? The Tennessee and Maine Shooters, they knew what they were going to do, but did nothing. Tennessee, that Person Posted about a Week before, and nothing was done. Maine, they have Yellow Flag Laws (meaning you need Documentation, and Proof (Due Process) before you can do anything, and they knew for Months what he was wanting to do.....but yet, still did nothing. Almost as though someone let it happen, so they could use it for their Goals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?