• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian federal elections of 2021 were rigged

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I am saying that they are a farce..
The two-party system is a farce, that's as close as we'll get to agreeing here.

And in exchange, you got a proxy war with Russia. Nice trade!
I fail to see what the US could've done differently, at any point, to prevent Putin from invading Ukraine. It's Russia's war of choice this time around.

Trump drew in a crowd, sure. But that isn't what I was saying. I didn't even try, and you already gave me %5. Can we make it %10?
Nope, 5% is all you get. And even then those were people wearing bog-standard "gravy SEAL" outfits that no leftist or even liberal would be caught dead in. You know the one: tacky camo/hunting gear, Oakleys, etc.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I fail to see what the US could've done differently, at any point, to prevent Putin from invading Ukraine. It's Russia's war of choice this time around.

The US could have, at any time for the past 50+ years, changed its course on how it "installs 'democracy'" (lol) in places that happen to create geopolitical pressure. It's imperialism, in drag. Too bad "free and fair elections" don't actually do anything in that respect.

Nope, 5% is all you get. And even then those were people wearing bog-standard "gravy SEAL" outfits that no leftist or even liberal would be caught dead in. You know the one: tacky camo/hunting gear, Oakleys, etc.

5% is far more than enough. We'll be able to deliver you an insurrection by Monday.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The US could have, at any time for the past 50+ years, changed its course on how it "installs 'democracy'" (lol) in places that happen to create geopolitical pressure. It's imperialism, in drag. Too bad "free and fair elections" don't actually do anything in that respect.
So the US could've...lost the Cold War? Didn't know you were such a big fan of communist oligarchy. :lol:

Seriously though, this is a weak argument even by Tabzer standards. Diplomatic influence is more damaging to a nation than bombs being dropped on civilians? Really? If you're gonna give me a roundabout defense of Putin's invasion of Ukraine you might as well go full mask off and give us your opinions on why GWB was right to invade Afghanistan and Iraq too.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So the US could've...lost the Cold War? Didn't know you were such a big fan of communist oligarchy. :lol:

Sounds like you think the US won. But where are we now? I'm not a fan of the "opposition", but I'm not as capable of interacting within the context of the "opposition", either. Stop treating everything as a bipolar episode.

Seriously though, this is a weak argument even by Tabzer standards. Diplomatic influence is more damaging to a nation than bombs being dropped on civilians? Really? If you're gonna give me a roundabout defense of Putin's invasion of Ukraine you might as well go full mask off and give us your opinions on why GWB was right to invade Afghanistan and Iraq too.

Nothing I said suggested that "diplomatic influence" is more damaging to a nation than bombs being dropped on civilians. I'm not rationalizing Putin's invasion. I'm criticizing US involvement in provoking Russia. You asked what the US could have done differently. GWB was "elected" btw, and I was criticizing his policies too.

I'm not validating Russia. I have limited exposure to Russia and its ideologies. Between Russia and the US, it's difficult to distinguish the difference. I just happen to be born in a country that already made up my mind for me.

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you think the US won. But where are we now?
It won by simply not collapsing. That's not an endorsement of all the decisions we've made since, but in the grand scheme of things I do think Ukraine at least is better off having the option of retaining their sovereignty as opposed to being forced under the thumb of a dictator by default.

I'm not rationalizing Putin's invasion. I'm criticizing US involvement in provoking Russia.
Russia made their intentions clear all the way back in 2014 when they took Crimea. Therefore Ukraine's desire to join NATO didn't materialize out of thin air, they had good reason to be worried. Nor could that desire be construed as "provocation" in any way, shape or form. If anything the US tried to dissuade Russia from invading by warning Ukraine that it was going to happen a solid week in advance, and publicizing that information.

Reactions: KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say they were a farce, I said we don't have the power or option to vote on absolutely everything in a representative democracy. Especially on the federal level.

Meh, I don't put a lot of faith in any candidate for federal office, but I do enjoy seeing the power of the ballot in action when it comes to state and local issues. Colorado was the first state to legalize recreational marijuana because the people (myself included) made their voices heard.

He says, with 95% of the on-video crowd wearing Trump merch or waving Trump flags. :rofl:
You know anybody can buy Trump merch and put it on. This isn't the gotcha you think it is.
Post automatically merged:

You mean the footage that Tucker Carlson is taking weeks to carefully edit and clip together? Yeah, that's not going to change anybody's mind, it's just more sensationalism for the sake of ratings.
You accepted 2 years of the J6 committee carefully editing clips together. Oddly enough, those Republicans paid for it at the ballot box and they still couldn't get Trump, LOL!! It's why they had to hide the real damaging footage this entire time. Where's all of Adam Schiff's evidence he bragged about having for years? Where's all the tax evasion evidence? Trump's taxes were released in full and it landed with a dud. Where's the SDNY investigations? Didn't the AG up there promise she would put Trump in jail?

Everything you believe is true is just media/government created propaganda. Look up Project Mockingbird for clarification.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,
  • Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oi!
While I acknowledge that the recent US elections were a sore subject, this thread is for the CANADIAN elections which have different circumstances.
R.jpg

That being said, the way Trudeau is handling this it's clear that he knows he benefited from Chinese meddling (and possible made agreements for it). He denied knowing about it until CSIS leaked a memo that he was informed even before the election, called anyone who asked questions about it racist, and commissioned a report to be written by the one guy that would've been used as a direct funnel for said interference.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
canada needs to learn from their neighbors, we have the most famous person in the hemisphere! and the most secure elections, asking otherwise might ruin lives, so i dont do that!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
canada needs to learn from their neighbors, we have the most famous person in the hemisphere! and the most secure elections, asking otherwise might ruin lives, so i dont do that!
Right, you might get successfully sued for defamation for ignoring the many lost court cases and lying constantly.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, you might get successfully sued for defamation for ignoring the many lost court cases and lying constantly.

well, i cant verify what didnt happen, but they might pretend that theres a real case just to stick it to those who would question the status quo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?