• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Texas Board of Education receives proposal to change term slavery to "involuntary relocation"

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ummm that's part of you know. Slavery? It's taught in general broad terms of the events but every part of it is condemned.
It is taught that the slaveships were owned by (ah it was a misunderstanding)? That's news to me.
So i'm not sure where your coming from. A lot the focus is put onto the slaves working conditions and how they were bare minimum commonly abused and treated like complete shit. And at worst slaves straight up being murdered. But slaveships are mentioned, and by affiliation, complicit.
Okay. They should tell you who owned the slaveships, did a large chunk of the things you described and tell you why these people don't get flag for it, in fact why they are not even mentioned at all in this.

Last edited by Creamu,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Okay. They should tell you who owned the slaveships
Giving how often Republicans like to keep cutting school budgets, combined with history beingextremely long. Telling who owned the slaveships and focusing on them instead of focusing on the atrocities would not get the message across as well. Schools have a time limit.
in fact why they are not even mentioned at all in this.
Really? I Just told you they were mentioned. And that they were complicit with what was going on. Complicit also meaning that some of them owned slaves themselves or obviously supported slave ownership/slavery. It's taught. I mean how the fuck do they get to that continent? Portals?

Point being your having a odd a fixation on this one aspect.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Giving how often Republicans like to keep cutting school budgets, combined with history beingextremely long. Telling who owned the slaveships and focusing on them instead of focusing on the atrocities would not get the message across as well. Schools have a time limit.
How convinient.
Really? I Just told you they were mentioned. And that they were complicit with what was going on. Complicit also meaning that some of them owned slaves themselves or obviously supported slave ownership/slavery. It's taught. I mean how the fuck do they get to that continent? Portals?
All the slaveships were owned by them. This whole thing started with them. They practice human trafficing even today.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that they are trying to push Critical Theory and Critical Race Theory into school, rather than good old fashioned Critical Thinking like they used to once upon a time.

Reactions: Creamu

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
The problem is that they are trying to push Critical Theory and Critical Race Theory into school
Here we go again... sigh

First off no. Nobody in the education system teaches critical race theory until collage and a specific class.
People how ever can naturally come across it. Because it establishes that there is a system of relations between current circumstances and back when slavery was happening that can still be racist.
For example, black people couldn't own a home back then. If you know anything about how capitalism works. There's generational wealth involved. So when the slaves got freed, they started at 0. While white people, since they already had several generations. Didn't start at 0. This meant that white people could stock up more money easily since we have a "use money to get money" system.
Secondly, racism didn't stop after slavery. Because there was still laws and attempts to prevent a black man from getting a decent job, or a decent home. Through red lining. The fact that credit cards actually started as targeting them. Since the lack of generational wealth meant they would be in debt for longer. And would pay more interest on that. They didn't have family members to fall back onto since they were just as struggling.
That's what CRT essentially is. It adknowlages that there is systematic racism. Because on a basic explanation. Capitalism operates on time. People of color were forcefully delayed in the 100 meter run. And now they're expected to catch up to their white peers who are already at 40 meters in.

Second littearrly your idealogy critized critical thinking 6 years ago. Because I was in school back then, and I was for a brief time a Republican. In that year I remember stupidly critizing critical thinking as a woke Leftist thing. When really critical thinking is just thinking deeper about the topic.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: blue-moon

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Slavery wasn't unique to the US. Britian was doing it at the time. So it didn't start with them?
Yes they were ruled by merchants as well.
And who is them?
The merchants.
You can't just vaugly say them.
Yes, they are the people of Vulcan.

Dude... Are you trying to imply that focusing on the atrocities is LESS important than slaveship owners names?
Uprooting them is the most evil of all. You can recover from very horrible things, but uprooting is permanent.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Uprooting them is the most evil of all. You can recover from very horrible things, but uprooting is permanent.
That's not what you said. You said slaveship names were more important than the atrocities. It's a damn long list. But part of that list is seperstion from their families and loved ones. Part of it is them littearrly starving on the slaveships. It's included.

The merchants.
Actually you know what? This is a interesting answer. So let me ask, why did the merchants do the thing they did? What benefit did they get from doing this?(it's pretty obivious but I have a point to make)

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That's not what you said. You said slaveship names were more important than the atrocities.
Slaveship owners names. Yes they are responsible for uprooting these poor people.
Actually you know what? This is a interesting answer.
Thanks. This is an interesting thread as well.
So let me ask, why did the merchants do the thing they did? What benefit did they get from doing this?
They rule by a divide and conquer strategy (as every effective warlord does), they are cynically using people of color for their means. They are also using them for other purposes, but lets keep it simple.
Your going to have to explain what that is. Primarily because i'm getting a religious search result back.
Yes these people are religious. To understand them it is important to understand their deeper spiritual motivation. Saturn is the god of seasons/cycles, Vulcan of fire he is the architect, Mercury of merchants and thiefs and bacchus of wine, chaos and democracy. It is nothing that could be explained in short, but there is a thread in the movies section where I locate these elements (excluding bacchus) in the Matrix movie (1999), which is a esoterical piece of art.

Last edited by Creamu,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go again... sigh

First off no. Nobody in the education system teaches critical race theory until collage and a specific class.
People how ever can naturally come across it. Because it establishes that there is a system of relations between current circumstances and back when slavery was happening that can still be racist.
For example, black people couldn't own a home back then. If you know anything about how capitalism works. There's generational wealth involved. So when the slaves got freed, they started at 0. While white people, since they already had several generations. Didn't start at 0. This meant that white people could stock up more money easily since we have a "use money to get money" system.
Secondly, racism didn't stop after slavery. Because there was still laws and attempts to prevent a black man from getting a decent job, or a decent home. Through red lining. The fact that credit cards actually started as targeting them. Since the lack of generational wealth meant they would be in debt for longer. And would pay more interest on that. They didn't have family members to fall back onto since they were just as struggling.
That's what CRT essentially is. It adknowlages that there is systematic racism. Because on a basic explanation. Capitalism operates on time. People of color were forcefully delayed in the 100 meter run. And now they're expected to catch up to their white peers who are already at 40 meters in.

Second littearrly your idealogy critized critical thinking 6 years ago. Because I was in school back then, and I was for a brief time a Republican. In that year I remember stupidly critizing critical thinking as a woke Leftist thing. When really critical thinking is just thinking deeper about the topic.
I'll save us both a lot of time. See that video I posted above, set aside some time to watch, absorb it, challenge it, what ever, just take it in. It's not like it's going to brain wash you or anything, what's it going to hurt?

As for me, I have studied both sides of history, and I say this not to boast, but I already know what you are going to type before you type it. I used to be a "lefty" "marxist" "liberal" "anarchist" my self.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the most stupid comment I've read in my life.

The KKK was a violent arm of the Demonrats party.
Abe Licoln is the FOUNDER of the Republican party.
Woodrow Wilson congratulated D.W. Griffith for his "masterpiece" pro-slavery propaganda in 1915.

Get your facts together, please.
since the "Democrats" made the civil war monuments, why are the republicans mad about us taking them down? did the name realignment not happen? can you differentiate between the dixiecrats and the rest of the democratic platform? why are we trying to hide our brutal past and actions? are we going to be like the Japanese who hide the Rape of Nanjing from their textbooks?

please do twist the facts to paint a narrative bud.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
They rule by a divide and conquer strategy (as every effective warlord does), they are cynically using people of color for their means. They are also using them for other purposes, but lets keep it simple.
Occam's Razer is telling me this isn't the most simple answer.
Here's why:
Human being don't inheirtly treat other human beings like shit. That is a taught thing/action to treat each other like crap. Simply proven by how we interact with strangers, via not trying to be rude or offensive and relatively kind. Which then begs the question who taught it.
The answer is capitalism. Think about it.
Ultra profits with extremely low costs?
Sounds familiar to something. Something about a pay disparity? Something about wanting to remove the minum wage and being anti unionization? Sounds like bazo's and musks of the world to me.
And that answer is the simplest. It was for money. Some person realized it was profitable. So one of the worst atrocities in human history was done as a result. So you could say, that racism and capitalism are more linked than one would think.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Occam's Razer is telling me this isn't the most simple answer.
Here's why:
Human being don't inheirtly treat other human beings like shit.
What if your people developes an evolutionary strategy that allows them to view others as non-humans, as livestock in fact, by ritalistic selfdeception.
That is a taught thing. Which then begs the question who taught it.
The answer is capitalism.
Capitalism is a recent invention, this much older.
Think about it.
Ultra profits with extremely low costs? Sounds familiar to something. Something about a pay disparity? Something about wanting to remove the minum wage and being anti unionization? Sounds like bazo's and musk to me.
And that answer is the simplest. It was for money.
No this is not a simple answer at all, money is a complex abstraction. What is more simple is evolutionary intrest.
Some person realized it was profitable. So one of the worst atrocities in human history was done as a result. So you could say, that racism and capitalism are more linked than one would think.
Being driven by materialism is not sufficient to take power. Materialistic actors are weak, exploitable and have no integrety to remain over many generations. Only actors that have higher spirits can realize projects of such a scale.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
I'll save us both a lot of time. See that video I posted above, set aside some time to watch, absorb it, challenge it, what ever, just take it in. It's not like it's going to brain wash you or anything, what's it going to hurt?

As for me, I have studied both sides of history, and I say this not to boast, but I already know what you are going to type before you type it. I used to be a "lefty" "marxist" "liberal" "anarchist" my self.
1657413647940.png

I'd rather not. Why? I question his rhetoric.
Sowell assessed President George W. Bush as "a mixed bag" but "an honorable man

George bush and Obama should be prosecuted as war criminals for the countless drone strikes. There is no honor in bombing countless lives out of existence.

Then we have this statement which is factually just incorrect.

"During interviews in 2019, Sowell defended Trump against charges of racism"
Trump has been racist, on the campaign trail in 2016 I staunchly remember him calling Mexican's rapists and criminals, along with more of the dog whistle "illegals"
And the reason I know this, is because
A. Formerly a Republican back in 2016
B. Had a Mexican Friend, which heavily helped me combat my own racism, due to the conflict of interests between a political idealogy, and me supporting them. (this conflict also helped me see through the trans fear mongering bs)
C. My mother used the same exact rhetoric. Followed by "they are out to take your job. and social security benefits" Even though my logic was telling me that didn't make sense. 4 years later, I managed to make my mother less racist. And realized that my logic wasn't off, but missing the key issue. Which was companies maliciously getting people over illegally, so they could then use that to suppress their wage and increase their own profits.

Then We have his statement of Biden. I hate Biden. But I know he's more like milk toast trash, than a nuclear bomb to go off like Trump. Since at this point, Trump is blatently a facist. You have cult of the leader, you have ultra nationalism, statements saying "we'll make X great again" and a lot of statements stating that X took away from Y. Even when it's provably false. Along with blurring the lines between fact and fiction. So I call into question his rhetoric and legitimacy on the topic. History isn't written by one person.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh would you look at that, democrats trying to soften the idea of slavery, i wonder why, its almost as though they want to teach a generation that this is an ok idea so they can " involuntarily relocate" anyone they dont like.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
What if your people developes an evolutionary strategy that allows them to view others as non-humans, as livestock in fact, by ritalistic selfdeception.
That's unrealistic:
Humans are a social species, unless drastic change occur. There will never be a "evolutionary stragety" that makes them view others as none human. The only strategy that makes it possible is through rhetoric and getting society to agree with that rhetoric and dehumanizing them.
Capitalism is a recent invention, this much older.
It is not a recent invention. It's just an evolution of feudalism, fedualism 2.0. We ditched lords and serf titles, and went to CEO, manager, and worker. It is still a top down system. The workers don't get to pick their boss in late stage capitalism. It is the CEO, who chooses the managers, in which the managers themselves choose more managers, and those managers pick workers.
And whatever is dished at the workers, they have to just deal with it, or be fired. Right to work states amright?
Instead of getting housing via a knight or lord, doing everything they ask as the serf. The peasants now use a thing to represent power,only obtained from those with a lot of that represented power, to temporarily own land by those lords or different ones.
Structurally, nothing much has changed. The peasants are still poor, not in any condition to vouch themselves, while the lords get to change everything at their whim.

Sounds like our company hell life doesn't it? There's no such thing as crony capitalism. If it makes profit, capitalism will do it. There's no sense of morals with it. If the merchants then realized it would make them money, they will do so. Even if it means enslaving others, and selling them off. Why wouldn't they do it now? Sure we banned it via a government. But scam call centers are illegal, and still exist, now don't they?
No this is not a simple answer at all, money is a complex abstraction. What is more simple is evolutionary intrest.
Umm, no It's a pretty simple answer. I only explained obivious pretext. People want money because system demands, it, so people make more money. That's more simple than "evolutionary interest" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. Which by the looks of it, is something used to explain away the crime that was racism and slavery.
Being driven by materialism is not sufficient to take power.
No, but it's not just material that you get from money now is it? It's power. Power is money.
Lobbying, sending money to politician campaigns. Those aren't exactly material, but the actions afterwords, do effect it material circumstances. Again, capitalism itself puts all it's power into money. Those with more money are able to extract more money. It cannot come out of nowhere, so it has to come at the cost of majority of people.
. Only actors that have higher spirits can realize projects of such a scale.
No, It's if we switched branches from the bs we've been fed for the last 30 years. Trickle down economics, just vote, grind culture. All of it. Is just a bs excuse to treat humans as shit, by those who already have money, and thus power.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto