• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

California Court SHUTS DOWN Transgender Pronoun Law

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only will I call Caetlyn Jenner "her" I will call her Governor (Yes I stole that joke).

I am going to say what is apparent to me, I am not adding nonsense words to my lexicon. Humans are a dimorphic species and feelings and perceptions are not going to be policed by the state.

If you want to be called "her" and someone calls you "him" it's not their fault your failing at being trans.

Last edited by jimbo13,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not only will I call Caetlyn Jenner "her" I will call her Governor (Yes I stole that joke).

I am going to say what is apparent to me, I am not adding nonsense words to my lexicon. Humans are a dimorphic species and feelings and perceptions are not going to be policed by the state.

If you want to be called "her" and someone calls you "him" it's not their fault your failing at being trans.
I like this, but at the same time not.

Like, don't care if people is whatever, just dont make me refer to you by a specific noun... it's enough trouble for me to type in another language... most of the times I'll forget it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humans are a dimorphic species
  1. With regard to sex, a majority of humans can be classified as biologically male or biologically female, but many humans are intersex.
  2. Gender and sex are two different things.
Good. Feeding into peoples delusional state of mind isn't going to help them in the long run.
Being transgender isn't "a delusional state of mind." People who are transgender perfectly acknowledge that their gender identity doesn't comport with their biological sex.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good. Feeding into peoples delusional state of mind isn't going to help them in the long run.
Outside of the fact that actual research has shown that respecting trans people drastically reduces mental stress on them. So the only real delusional state is those who think being transphobic is somehow accomplishing anything.
https://news.utexas.edu/2018/03/30/name-use-matters-for-transgender-youths-mental-health/
https://www.mentalhealthcommission.ca/sites/default/files/2019-05/Transgender people and suicide fact sheet.pdf
https://www.childtrends.org/blog/research-shows-the-risk-of-misgendering-transgender-youth
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...en-names-may-lower-suicide-risk-idUSKBN1HH2WH
Trans people shouldn't be disrespected, especially when they are at their most vulnerable. It's disturbing that people would deliberately disrespect anyone, especially the people they are supposed to be taking care of. It is malpractice to deliberately mistreat people in nursing homes and the elderly should be taken care of.
  1. With regard to sex, a majority of humans can be classified as biologically male or biologically female, but many humans are intersex.

Being transgender isn't "a delusional state of mind." People who are transgender perfectly acknowledge that their gender identity doesn't comport with their biological sex.
On an interesting note, I am actually intersex. That was something I found out rather recently but had suspected for many years based on some personal details.

Last edited by The Catboy,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not any different than any other psychiatric dysphoria, and I reject politicized redefinition of words like gender.

If an adult who think's he is a parrot wants to cut his ears off or someone wants to remove their genitals whatever makes them happy but I draw the line at being compelled legally/civilly to acknowledge someone is a biological parrot.
Parrot-Man.jpg

newspeakdefinition-980x253.png

Last edited by jimbo13,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may get spit on lol but I'm still standing firm there is only a male and female.

Now if that man/woman wants to sleep with the same sex that's their choice. If they want to change their "identity" once again their choice. I'm not homophobic or transphobic all I'm saying is just give the LGBT community their own section. Give them their own sports, TV Shows, bathroom and etc..etc..

Now when you are mixing Transgender with the opposite sex bathrooms and having them play on the opposite sports THEN it creates a problem. You can't have a biological male who is transgender playing on the girls sports team because that's not fair to the biological girls and the same thing applies to the bathrooms because it creates discomfort.

Nothing wrong with being on TV shows with other heterosexuals' and etc..etc.. but you have to put limits on everything.

That's why the age of consent was created. Just google predator poachers and you will see what I mean

Last edited by Goku1992A,

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need the like button to have an emoticon (thumbs up or laugh associated with) cause a lot of people just make me laugh even if I agree/disagree/don't care with their comment.

Last edited by ChronoTrig,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call people by their preferred pronouns whenever they ask, but expecting and legally requiring everyone to do so, especially old people in nursing homes is ridiculous.

I reeeeally feel like this law was just proposed as bait to make the whole cause look bad and authoritarian. There is no better way to make your opposition angry than to try to take away their right to be angry.

Last edited by orangy57,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not any different than any other psychiatric dysphoria, and I reject politicized redefinition of words like gender.

If an adult who think's he is a parrot wants to cut his ears off or someone wants to remove their genitals whatever makes them happy but I draw the line at being compelled legally/civilly to acknowledge someone is a biological parrot.
Parrot-Man.jpg

newspeakdefinition-980x253.png
Of course you are still using otherkins, lol. You are so pathetic and predictable. Otherkins don’t disprove trans people, period

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If an adult who think's he is a parrot wants to cut his ears off or someone wants to remove their genitals whatever makes them happy but I draw the line at being compelled legally/civilly to acknowledge someone is a biological parrot.\
Are you arguing that things like hairstyle, clothes, etc. are biologically innate? How progressive of you, Jimbo.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you are still using otherkins, lol. You are so pathetic and predictable. Otherkins don’t disprove trans people, period

Trans species & racial is entirely as valid as gender. Like I said it's all just different symptomatic expressions of dysphoria.

Are you arguing that things like hairstyle, clothes, etc. are biologically innate? How progressive of you, Jimbo.

Said nothing of the sort.

Reactions: zfreeman

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seemed to imply there's no difference between biological sex and gender. Do you acknowledge there is, in fact, a difference? Either way, how progressive of you, Jimbo.

You seem to not understand when I clearly stated I am not adopting the Newspeak definition of gender.

A synonym is a word, morpheme, or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word, morpheme, or phrase in the same language. For example, the words begin, start, commence, and initiate are all synonyms of one another; they are synonymous

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to not understand when I clearly stated I am not adopting the Newspeak definition of gender.

A synonym is a word, morpheme, or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word, morpheme, or phrase in the same language. For example, the words begin, start, commence, and initiate are all synonyms of one another; they are synonymous
Are you saying gender and sex are synonymous? If so, then my previous post commending you for your progressive stance of saying things like hairstyle, clothes, etc. are biologically innate stands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1