• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

roeVwade:Same-sex couples updating legal status after Supreme Court’s decision on abortion (Jay Reeves) [+CNN clip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/24/thomas-constitutional-rights-00042256

Thomas argued that SCOTUS should review both same sex marriages and contraceptives due to substantive due process, the same legal reason why Roe v Wade got overturned, and the same legal reason why his, and all, interracial marriage is currently legal. For now.

Where?

No, because I don't actively deny the science. I don't take every article as gospel, but I know that I don't know enough about alternative fuels to vehemently argue against the current widely accepted science.

Then why praise big government for nationwide blanket laws and needless overturns? Seems a bit hypocritical to praise the same concept you're slamming.

Who's whining? I made a comment in jest, once, quite a few posts ago, and whatever you think you're referring to actually is just me telling you to read a little better, cuz you're still having a hard time formulating actual responses to anything besides denial and tongue in cheek stabs at the left, which I still find ironic due to you supposedly being anti big government and not one to take sides. Weird.

Nice comment, considering you want the state, and the government as a whole, to meddle in abortion rights.
You use a leftwing scaremongering site to try and prove your point? That's a bold move Cotton.

The government is supposed to protect life and freedoms. That's literally their main job.

There's a difference between denying science and questioning science. You might want to learn the difference.

A law was challenged, the courts took it up and made a decision. That's how it works in this country. Are you even from here, because there is so much you do not understand.

You keep whining that I'm ignoring parts of your comments. I was trying to address it so you'll stop whining.

The job of government is supposed to be to ensure life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Those rights supersede your imagined abortion "rights".

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You use a leftwing scaremongering site to try and prove your point? That's a bold move Cotton.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kQFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw2eN_ZX02uv5jsaXq-Ghf-r

Ok, here's the actual ruling itself where it states the reasoning was due process.

The government is supposed to protect life and freedoms. That's literally their main job.

Except in the cases of women, correct?

There's a difference between denying science and questioning science. You might want to learn the difference.

I'm the one questioning science, you're the one denying it. What's the issue here?

A law was challenged, the courts took it up and made a decision. That's how it works in this country. Are you even from here, because there is so much you do not understand.

So you lick boots when they subjugate people you despise, huh? That's, kinda shitty bud.

You keep whining that I'm ignoring parts of your comments. I was trying to address it so you'll stop whining.

Again, where's the whining? All I've done is point out that you can't read very well.

The job of government is supposed to be to ensure life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Those rights supersede your imagined abortion "rights".

Because the moms no longer have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Gotcha. Glad to know where your stance is on women as a whole.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...kQFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw2eN_ZX02uv5jsaXq-Ghf-r

Ok, here's the actual ruling itself where it states the reasoning was due process.

Except in the cases of women, correct?

I'm the one questioning science, you're the one denying it. What's the issue here?

So you lick boots when they subjugate people you despise, huh? That's, kinda shitty bud.

Again, where's the whining? All I've done is point out that you can't read very well.

Because the moms no longer have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Gotcha. Glad to know where your stance is on women as a whole.
Women's lives are typically not in danger from pregnancies. That is such a rarity in modern medicine that it's a statistical anomoly.

You think men menstruate and get pregnant. You wouldn't know science if it slapped you on the ass and called you daddy.

Nobody is being subjugated. In fact, millions have been freed to actually live now.

Nobody is taking women's lives away, except for Dr. Gosnell. He took a lot of women's lives away. Not to mention all of the babies born that he killed afterward.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, actually, they can, soooooooo.
Of course he’s transphobic, because he has to be the same generic 40-year-old guy online. Boring, hateful, egotistical, and detached from the current world

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Women's lives are typically not in danger from pregnancies. That is such a rarity in modern medicine that it's a statistical anomoly.

Doesn't matter. By enacting or repealing blanket laws that, in this case protected all women from government retaliation, you've now damned that same statistical anomaly, a current life, in favor of a potential one. That's called control.

You think men menstruate and get pregnant. You wouldn't know science if it slapped you on the ass and called you daddy.

Where have I stated that in particular? Your whataboutism would've gone undetected if I had actually even implied that. Good try though.

Nobody is being subjugated. In fact, millions have been freed to actually live now.

Except the women who need abortions in light of a life ending pregnancy? Like that 10 year old who could've died as a result of the pregnancy?

Nobody is taking women's lives away, except for Dr. Gosnell. He took a lot of women's lives away. Not to mention all of the babies born that he killed afterward.

Man, what an asshole. Too bad he didn't tattoo numbers on them and send em to camps first.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course he’s transphobic, because he has to be the same generic 40-year-old guy online. Boring, hateful, egotistical, and detached from the current world
For real, the right are so goddamn boring. I swear every one of them in this thread are the exact same person just from how little personality they have collectively.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter. By enacting or repealing blanket laws that, in this case protected all women from government retaliation, you've now damned that same statistical anomaly, a current life, in favor of a potential one. That's called control.

Where have I stated that in particular? Your whataboutism would've gone undetected if I had actually even implied that. Good try though.

Except the women who need abortions in light of a life ending pregnancy? Like that 10 year old who could've died as a result of the pregnancy?

Man, what an asshole. Too bad he didn't tattoo numbers on them and send em to camps first.
You mean the 10 year old who could have gotten an abortion in Ohio because they have an exemption for danger to the mother's life?

You do know that she was also raped by an illegal alien and neither abortion clinics in Ohio or Indiana reported the crime to the authorities, which is against the law.

So Biden's open borders led to her rape and pregnancy. Congratulations, this is called owning yourself and you did an admirable job. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Reactions: XDel

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the 10 year old who could have gotten an abortion in Ohio because they have an exemption for danger to the mother's life?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Qjjh6BAggEAI&usg=AOvVaw0mPwKods13VjoTGMAZCHlE

According to your hate group, this wasn't considered an abortion, even it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

You do know that she was also raped by an illegal alien

In what way, in your eyes, is that relevant? Please answer carefully.

...and neither abortion clinics in Ohio or Indiana reported the crime to the authorities, which is against the law.

I can't speak for Indiana and Ohio, but a lot of states leave that option up to the parents. I'm not sure entirely how that works out or is supposed to, but if they were truly guilty of this, that's reprehensible.

I'm curious why you think it's important they tell the authorities when I'm sure the parents alerted them first.

So Biden's open borders led to her rape and pregnancy. Congratulations, this is called owning yourself and you did an admirable job. Give yourself a pat on the back.

What open borders? Is it behind the wall Trump never built? If you're going to argue immigration alongside this, you better go back as far as Bush and maybe even further.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if what they say about Christianity taking all their mysticism from pagan rituals, I guess the answer would be just to take someone else's house.

Wimp Lo, with your friendly reminder that religion is a man made construct made to control weaker people in areas the government can't.

Christianity would be a lot easier to jump into of it didn't bastardize Egyptian and Norse concepts to pad it's own jaded view.
I believe what you are referring to is Roman Catholicism, not Christianity as a whole. Catholics need to read their Bible better because yes, they are following pagan rituals and traditions.

Marx was wrong, it is not religion that is the opiate for the masses, but Pseudo Science/Ideology not unlike that which he preached and is still being preached in one form or another by corporations on high at this point, as well as kids like you on GBATemp, yet you don't even realize the cult you are within.

Yes, religion is a man made construct, it in itself is not God nor the relationship with God, nor is it understanding.

Your vision is still low resolution Wimp Lo.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do know that she was also raped by an illegal alien and neither abortion clinics in Ohio or Indiana reported the crime to the authorities, which is against the law.

Did someone FINALLY ask how she got pregnant and by who? All I ever heard about is how a 10 year old got pregnant somehow and now because of Trump, she has to catch a ride to the next state to get rid of it, but no one seems concerned where the kid came from to begin with, no concern what so ever. It's as if they were more excited to have a pregnant 10 year old to use for political purposes and emotional leverlage rather than having concerned about the 10 year old her self.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe what you are referring to is Roman Catholicism, not Christianity as a whole. Catholics need to read their Bible better because yes, they are following pagan rituals and traditions.

One is an umbrella religion for the other and at this point is almost interchangable in the West. Doesn't matter in the long run; all these Israeli based religions all stem from the same source. It's all misinterpretation anyway.

Marx was wrong, it is not religion that is the opiate for the masses, but Pseudo Science/Ideology not unlike that which he preached and is still being preached in one form or another by corporations on high at this point, as well as kids like you on GBATemp, yet you don't even realize the cult you are within.

The cult of science? The same cult that gave you the platform to spew your vile religious rhetoric on? That cult?

Yes, religion is a man made construct, it in itself is not God nor the relationship with God, nor is it understanding.

Your vision is still low resolution Wimp Lo.

Is it really tho? Considering your scope of religious history is close minded at best?

Did someone FINALLY ask how she got pregnant and by who? All I ever heard about is how a 10 year old got pregnant somehow and now because of Trump, she has to catch a ride to the next state to get rid of it, but no one seems concerned where the kid came from to begin with, no concern what so ever. It's as if they were more excited to have a pregnant 10 year old to use for political purposes and emotional leverlage rather than having concerned about the 10 year old her self.

Is the what and why relevant in her right to abort it? Sounds a little sus two grown "men" are more interested in how she got pregnant than how she dealt with it.

Hey, you guys aren't RINOs are you?

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is an umbrella religion for the other and at this point is almost interchangable in the West. Doesn't matter in the long run; all these Israeli based religions all stem from the same source. It's all misinterpretation anyway.

The cult of science? The same cult that gave you the platform to spew your vile religious rhetoric on? That cult?

Is it really tho? Considering your scope of religious history is close minded at best?

Is the what and why relevant in her right to abort it? Sounds a little sus two grown "men" are more interested in how she got pregnant than how she dealt with it.

Hey, you guys aren't RINOs are you?
Wimp Lo, you are doing it again, FYI...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Men with Y chromosomes cannot menstuate or get pregnant. That's basic biology even a 5 year old understands.
Biologists don’t stop at “basic biology” because basic biology is just used to introduce people to the subject. Actual sex biology is complicated and messy, nowhere near binary. There are XY cis women who menstruate and get pregnant. There are XX cis men who can impregnate others. There are XXY individuals, XӼ people, and countless other genetic combinations. Just because basic biology can be taught to a 5-year-old, doesn’t mean it’s an accurate representation of biology. I understand that you are just going to keep being shitty because you don’t care to actually learn anything but reality and actual science has progressed passed your shit.
Ok, you seem like an actual creep. All you hear about is how a 10 year was raped and forced to drive to another state to get an abortion. It’s creepy how you think this is a political ploy over the reality of how fucked up the entire situation is and how fucked up it is that the state was going to force a child to carry out a pregnancy.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It always amuses me when pseudo intellectual theists, who are only theists just because they want to be mad about minorities existing try to argue any strongly held belief system is "religious" or a "cult." Truth as a concept by these definitions would be a religion, but no one argues you're "religious" because you think things are true.

Just another empty smear tactic by the party of incest and violence I guess.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SQDydzDyAK0&ved=2ahUKEwjhscnJx_v4AhVplmoFHQp4CjwQjjh6BAggEAI&usg=AOvVaw0mPwKods13VjoTGMAZCHlE

According to your hate group, this wasn't considered an abortion, even it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

In what way, in your eyes, is that relevant? Please answer carefully.

I can't speak for Indiana and Ohio, but a lot of states leave that option up to the parents. I'm not sure entirely how that works out or is supposed to, but if they were truly guilty of this, that's reprehensible.

I'm curious why you think it's important they tell the authorities when I'm sure the parents alerted them first.

What open borders? Is it behind the wall Trump never built? If you're going to argue immigration alongside this, you better go back as far as Bush and maybe even further.
How sure are you that the parents alerted the authorities of her rape? It's not like you provided proof.

It is a crime in Ohio and Indiana to not report crimes. I know the left has become soft on crime, but are you so soft that you don't think it's important that a rape of a 10 year old is not reported? Is that really the position you wanna take?

You mean the wall that was stuck in legal limbo for years and not started until late in his term and now we are paying companies every month to not build it? That wall?

I'm just talking specifically about the 10 year old girl that you brought up yourself. Talking about Bush's stupid immigration policies is off topic and not relevant. Don't start moving goalposts now.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biologists don’t stop at “basic biology” because basic biology is just used to introduce people to the subject. Actual sex biology is complicated and messy, nowhere near binary. There are XY cis women who menstruate and get pregnant. There are XX cis men who can impregnate others. There are XXY individuals, XӼ people, and countless other genetic combinations. Just because basic biology can be taught to a 5-year-old, doesn’t mean it’s an accurate representation of biology. I understand that you are just going to keep being shitty because you don’t care to actually learn anything but reality and actual science has progressed passed your shit.

Ok, you seem like an actual creep. All you hear about is how a 10 year was raped and forced to drive to another state to get an abortion. It’s creepy how you think this is a political ploy over the reality of how fucked up the entire situation is and how fucked up it is that the state was going to force a child to carry out a pregnancy.
99% of the population is XX and XY. XX can get pregnant and XY do not get pregnant.

You are ignorant of Ohio law. They have an exception that she qualified for. And both abortion clinics in Ohio and Indiana failed to report the rape to authorities which they have to by law. The fact that she was raped by an illegal alien is also ignored by you because it exposes other failed policies of this "administration".

Epic.fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully