- Nov 24, 2014
vitaHexenII is a port for PSVITA of Hexen II, a popular dark-fantasy fps created by Raven Software using a modified version of Quake Engine.
It's based on vitaQuake core and it shares a lot of features with it.
- Support to both standard game and Portal of Praveus expansion
- Support to both analogs for comfortable aiming and player movement
- Native support to 960x544 resolution
- Rescaler in options menu for fps enthusiasts
- Different hidden features unlocked in the Options Menu (Like FOV)
- Support to dualshock rumbling when player get hit (PSTV only)
- Sounds and CDAudio (Soundtrack) support
- Software GPU Rendering
- Support to savestates
- Sometimes game can crash when trying to change resolution after starting a game
- Quake Console and relative logs are disabled due to random crashes caused by RAM texture usage
- When attempting to change map, sound is not properly paused
How to install
Place the data folder in ux0:/ and place your data1 folder from your Hexen II purchased installation in ux0:/data/Hexen II. If you want to install also Portal of Praveus, copy also the portals folder to ux0:/data/Hexen II.
How to use soundtrack
Soundtrack is supported in MIDI, OGG and MP3 formats.
Files must be placed in ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks and must be named for example as track00.ogg, track01.ogg, etc...
If you are extracting tracks from your Hexen II cd, this is the corrispondence between track name and track filename:
track02 -> casa1
track08 -> egyp3
track14 -> roma3
track03 -> casa2
track09 -> meso1
track15 -> casb1
track04 -> casa3
track10 -> meso2
track16 -> casb2
track05 -> casa4
track11 -> meso3
track17 -> casb3
track06 -> egyp1
track12 -> roma1
track07 -> egyp2
track13 -> roma2
Github Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaHexenII