Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
CqaZ2HXXEAErbTE.jpg:large

Description

vitaHexenII is a port for PSVITA of Hexen II, a popular dark-fantasy fps created by Raven Software using a modified version of Quake Engine.
It's based on vitaQuake core and it shares a lot of features with it.

Features
  • Support to both standard game and Portal of Praveus expansion
  • Support to both analogs for comfortable aiming and player movement
  • Native support to 960x544 resolution
  • Rescaler in options menu for fps enthusiasts
  • Different hidden features unlocked in the Options Menu (Like FOV)
  • Support to dualshock rumbling when player get hit (PSTV only)
  • Sounds and CDAudio (Soundtrack) support
  • Software GPU Rendering
  • Support to savestates

Known bugs
  • Sometimes game can crash when trying to change resolution after starting a game
  • Quake Console and relative logs are disabled due to random crashes caused by RAM texture usage
  • When attempting to change map, sound is not properly paused

How to install
Place the data folder in ux0:/ and place your data1 folder from your Hexen II purchased installation in ux0:/data/Hexen II. If you want to install also Portal of Praveus, copy also the portals folder to ux0:/data/Hexen II.

How to use soundtrack
Soundtrack is supported in MIDI, OGG and MP3 formats.
Files must be placed in ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks and must be named for example as track00.ogg, track01.ogg, etc...
If you are extracting tracks from your Hexen II cd, this is the corrispondence between track name and track filename:
track02 -> casa1
track08 -> egyp3
track14 -> roma3
track03 -> casa2
track09 -> meso1
track15 -> casb1
track04 -> casa3
track10 -> meso2
track16 -> casb2
track05 -> casa4
track11 -> meso3
track17 -> casb3
track06 -> egyp1
track12 -> roma1
track07 -> egyp2
track13 -> roma2

Links
Download: http://rinnegatamante.it
Github Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaHexenII

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd fall in love with a quake 3 port!
If you have a PSP there's a port that's very well done. I got it to run about 45 fps on small maps. With about 3 bots it can vary between 12-20 fps which is still nice. Unfortunately it only runs on 2000+ series so that means no vhbl version...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Neat, just finished playing Quake 1 from your port on my Vita, gonna have to go with Hexen 2 now!

I'm curious, with all your ports from the Quake engine, how possible would it be to get GoldSrc (in the form of the open source Xash3d) running on the Vita? Would be pretty sweet to get Half Life 1 running on it!

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Neat, just finished playing Quake 1 from your port on my Vita, gonna have to go with Hexen 2 now!

I'm curious, with all your ports from the Quake engine, how possible would it be to get GoldSrc (in the form of the open source Xash3d) running on the Vita? Would be pretty sweet to get Half Life 1 running on it!

Xash3D is a lot more complex than Quake Engine. But there's a pretty well-made mod for Quake 1 which is a total conversion to Half-Life. Should run fine on vitaQuake.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Xash3D is a lot more complex than Quake Engine. But there's a pretty well-made mod for Quake 1 which is a total conversion to Half-Life. Should run fine on vitaQuake.
I have tried it, yeah, but it seems a few functions don't work with the mod. Some doors don't open (like the very first one) so you have to noclip through them, elevators don't seem to work at all, random crashes etc. Could be just me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't mess up the install so I dunno.

Oh well, maybe some day we can get it properly running or something.

In the meantime, cheers on Hexen 2, works great! :P

Melkezadek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still unable to get the music working. I'm titling the tracks correctly and it's in the right folder. Am I forgetting to do something?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Still unable to get the music working. I'm titling the tracks correctly and it's in the right folder. Am I forgetting to do something?

Several people reported me this, even if vitaHexenII uses the same exact code of vitaQuake for CDAudio, it seems it doesn't work properly (and i really have no idea where the problem is since it doesn't cause even some crashes that can be debugged :/ )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro