• Views 621,001
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I'm just getting the 'an error occurred, power off your system' message with this footer file. Did this footer file work for you?

Also a cool site I found for save types: http://offlinelistgba.free.fr/index.php

As another user already mentioned, Advance Wars is indeed flash

edit: I got Advance Wars to save pokemoner! If your footer file works for you then awesome, maybe I just installed it incorrectly or something. But if you can't get it to save let me know and I'll send you my settings for the footer file
I didn't test it, i just assumed :P

Reactions: rcamp48

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it running. They never said it can't run, it can't save. Unless you're fond of running through the game in one launch with it potentially crashing if you manage to hit the Hall of Fame it won't do you much good.

(And do recall this is AGB_FIRM, so savestates are completely out of the question.)
It can save. I just did it a little bit ago, I even restarted my system and the save was still there. Pokemon Emerald btw. I made a post on this on page 4 on this thread.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I was able to make a pokemon emerald cia just fine and it saves and just fine using the flash option. When I restart the system and load the game (after booting pasta) it says the save is corrupted but still loads fine. Also the rom size is 16 MB which is 128 mbit. I just got though the intro when I did my save. Maybe I'll test it out some more tomorrow.
Do you know if it's possible to import/export a save to the .cia? I'm currently grinding before challenging the elite 4 and I wanted to be able to save some space in my bag by being able to continue my progress on my 3DS.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone's curious, I'm still stuck in the dark ages and haven't moved on from Palentine cfw yet, but this will in fact also work in palentine as well. I can't get the installs functioning correctly using FBI (maybe I'm just doing it wrong), but it works flawlessly when everything's installed from devmenu (and probably big blue menu/big red menu as well). The games will have to be launched from within palentine cfw, and when you quit out, it boots you back to sysnand, so it might not be overly useful, but I figured it might help out one or two people that haven't made the shift yet.

EDIT: while i'm at it, Castlevania Harmony of Dissonace confirmed working.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It can save. I just did it a little bit ago, I even restarted my system and the save was still there. Pokemon Emerald btw. I made a post on this on page 4 on this thread.

Mind if you share the footer settings? I understand you mentioned flash. But what about Memory Config Type and Save Chip Manufacturer?

Also note that SaveDataFiler will not recognize GBA saves. They do save to SD card though. You can find them in the data folder under the appropriete title sub folder in "Nintendo 3DS\[ID0]\[ID1]\title\00040000\[UNIQUE ID]

Might be able to decrypt them with xorpads using Decrypt9 or Multitool decrypter.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it's possible to import/export a save to the .cia? I'm currently grinding before challenging the elite 4 and I wanted to be able to save some space in my bag by being able to continue my progress on my 3DS.
I honesty have no idea. I'm experimenting now.

Mind if you share the footer settings? I understand you mentioned flash. But what about Memory Config Type and Save Chip Manufacturer?

Size as 16, save as flash, and the others at default cause I didn't know what to chose.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for @Riku if I Nand mod my New 3DS can I be a guinea pig for a New 3DS release? Or is it simply not possible on a New 3DS due to non-existing software?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I honesty have no idea. I'm experimenting now.

Size as 16, save as flash, and the others at default cause I didn't know what to chose.

What GBA dump are you using? I used TrashMan's dump. I think I just got a white screen when I tried that. I might not have used the right save chip manufacturer setting though.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savefl cannot export sav file, and I assume that it is encrypted so a simple copy/paste to/from sd card won't work I assume. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the 3ds restarts everything you exit a gba game, so pasta cfw has to be reloaded every time, which is annoying.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What GBA dump are you using? I used TrashMan's dump. I think I just got a white screen when I tried that. I might not have used the right save chip manufacturer setting though.
Something I got off the internet a few years back. I don't know what dump it is. Is it ok to post the cia here?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used this and got a white screen, mind posting the name of the dump and what region it was? Can you post your footer?
footer is in the footer thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-working-gba-footers.390331/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.