• Views 621,845
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Update on save transfers

I found the folder for FFTA, got my save files from my GBA catridge, copied it over and launch the game. Threw me an error, told me to restart the console. So whoever mentioned encryption before was right. No save transfers :(

Also, just a question, could it be possible that the save transfer didnt work because the save file generated by the 3DS was 192kb, but the GBA save rip was only 64kb? Could i change this with the footer?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this past only? I got a 4.2 3ds xl and gateway with 9.8 emunand...
And I just gave my friend my 2ds on 9.2 with cubic ninja and pasta :( lol. Do I get to give him good news of gba games for himself?
Anyway to somehow have the mset for pasta and gateway? I guess just keeping that nds flash cart with me and reinstalling? I haven't messed with the pasta mset but this is just me thinking outloud?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this past only? I got a 4.2 3ds xl and gateway with 9.8 emunand...
And I just gave my friend my 2ds on 9.2 with cubic ninja and pasta :( lol. Do I get to give him good news of gba games for himself?
Anyway to somehow have the mset for pasta and gateway? I guess just keeping that nds flash cart with me and reinstalling? I haven't messed with the pasta mset but this is just me thinking outloud?
If you have GW, why dont you update sysnand to 9.2 and run CN through GW?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have GW, why dont you update sysnand to 9.2 and run CN through GW?
I like just starting gateway via mset... not browser... unless on 9.2 I can do this now with mset? And ur saying... what exactly... get a .3ds of cubic ninna... get on gatway... run the CN exploit and have pasta? Cause like I said in my previous post I gave my CN yo my buddy and 2ds. Just a Lil confused what ya saying bro...

Also could I just setup pasta with mset on a separate SD card and just pop it in to run pasta and gba games from my 4.2 console... and pop other back in and run gatway emunand and what not and no problems as far as the files modified from this gba stuff?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I like just starting gateway via mset... not browser... unless on 9.2 I can do this now with mset? And ur saying... what exactly... get a .3ds of cubic ninna... get on gatway... run the CN exploit and have pasta? Cause like I said in my previous post I gave my CN yo my buddy and 2ds. Just a Lil confused what ya saying bro...

Also could I just setup pasta with mset on a separate SD card and just pop it in to run pasta and gba games from my 4.2 console... and pop other back in and run gatway emunand and what not and no problems as far as the files modified from this gba stuff?
There's no MSET on 9.2 yet, but cant you get the cubic ninja rom, put it on your GW, and run the exploit like that?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no MSET on 9.2 yet, but cant you get the cubic ninja rom, put it on your GW, and run the exploit like that?
Idk if trying to run pasta from a cubic ninja off gateway in emunand will work or not... I haven't read if anyone has tested that or not ya no? I guess I was confused by u when u said to update... theres no need to update? Unless this gba thing requires firmware hire then 4.2 that cubic ninja might kick me back to after launching pasta???
I might just try and get mset pasta running with a cia installer on 4.2 from a separate SD card and just swap em back and forth. Until we can install gba games like this native in gatway it prolly easiest I would guess

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if trying to run pasta from a cubic ninja off gateway in emunand will work or not... I haven't read if anyone has tested that or not ya no? I guess I was confused by u when u said to update... theres no need to update? Unless this gba thing requires firmware hire then 4.2 that cubic ninja might kick me back to after launching pasta???
I might just try and get mset pasta running with a cia installer on 4.2 from a separate SD card and just swap em back and forth. Until we can install gba games like this native in gatway it prolly easiest I would guess
I use pasta on 9.2. I works fine, idk about on emunand though

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use pasta on 9.2. I works fine, idk about on emunand though
It's not the fact of pasta working on 9.2. I know this I set up my buddy on my 9.2 2ds with CN and pasta... it's the fact of launching cubic ninja off my red gatway card and launching pasta from my gatway emunand and seeing if I can get these gba games via that way... or just using a different SD card and installing pasta via mset on 4.2. Which I think I'm just gonna do

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the fact of pasta working on 9.2. I know this I set up my buddy on my 9.2 2ds with CN and pasta... it's the fact of launching cubic ninja off my red gatway card and launching pasta from my gatway emunand and seeing if I can get these gba games via that way... or just using a different SD card and installing pasta via mset on 4.2. Which I think I'm just gonna do
since both pasta and gateway mode are both cfw your might crash your 3ds if try to launch a cfw off a cfw. And pasta patches sysnand not emunand. I imagine that it won't work. I could be wrong.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since both pasta and gateway mode are both cfw your might crash your 3ds if try to launch a cfw off a cfw. And pasta patches sysnand not emunand. I imagine that it won't work. I could be wrong.
Yeah which is why I was leaning towards just using separate clean SD card for gba games off pasta on 4.2. Some guy up there was talking with me about pasta off CN off my gatway and I just basically saying I've never seen anyone post anything about it or what would happen. Tbh I'd rather just swap am SD card and launch the settings app to get into my pasta/gateway depending on SD card in... instead of launching gateway... launching cubic ninja... using the exploit... Running pasta... then running gba games lol....
Dammit gateway just add this shiz already....

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah which is why I was leaning towards just using separate clean SD card for gba games off pasta on 4.2. Some guy up there was talking with me about pasta off CN off my gatway and I just basically saying I've never seen anyone post anything about it or what would happen. Tbh I'd rather just swap am SD card and launch the settings app to get into my pasta/gateway depending on SD card in... instead of launching gateway... launching cubic ninja... using the exploit... Running pasta... then running gba games lol....
Dammit gateway just add this shiz already....
I just realized something. Maybe gateway mode can install the gba cias, or have you already tried that?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized something. Maybe gateway mode can install the gba cias, or have you already tried that?
Haven't tried yet. I think I read a post on here where it wouldn't or doesn't. I'd love to be wrong. I'm in bed. Not getting up wife will wake so all this waits til tomorrow for me

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently using Gateway's 9.7 emunand and I patched the AGB_FIRM and did a Pokemon Emerald CIA.

Guess what?

Black screen and a crash when I open the game. I have to force power off my 3ds.

Ok got it, thanks. Here it is: 7b058a7aea5bfbb352026727ebd87e17

Thanks. Now I just have to find a dump which matches that checksum.

EDIT: Looks like your checksum matches a romhack named Pokemon Flora Sky, which has a base of Pokemon Emerald.

Last edited by ShinkoNet,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE