• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This release consist of IPS patch for AGB_FIRM and ROM converting program, both done by me.
Credit for patched New3DS AGB_FIRM goes to motezazer

My method require you to install patched AGB_FIRM CIA into NAND memory replacing exciting one. Now... AGB_FIRM is an optional System Title that was introduced with 3.0.0 firmware update and was never included with Card updates. Which means you can't really break system by deleting it or installing corrupted AGB_FIRM, in fact you may even don't have it installed (if you using old system and only updated from game and never used update via internet). But! You may break system if you delete wrong system title in process, so I don't take any responsibility for any possible damages. If you are not comfortable with it - stop reading right here.

Basic steps for Old3DS / 3DS XL / 2DS:
1) Download '0004013800000202' title 'v3665' using 3DNUS

2) Launch 'Old3DS_AGB_FIRM_v3665_SignPatcher.exe' and apply patch to '0004013800000202.cia'

3) Try to install patched CIA from FBI:
mqsEr5t.png
Don't forget change destination to 'NAND' (L button), if you don't have any errors - congratulations, you're finished. If you got error, that means you need to remove previous version of AGB_FIRM before you can install patched one. Switch mode to 'Delete Title' and and destination to 'NAND' and scroll down until you find title with Title ID 0x0004013800000202:
lpSJg6C.png
Triple check you selected correct title and press delete, after this you should be able to install patched CIA without any errors.

After installing patched AGB_FIRM you can start using my '3DS Simple GBA Converter' program and play your favorite GBA games. Enjoy.

SfdYfgU.jpg

For New3DS process basically the same except Title ID is 0004013820000202 v4816.

Mirror:
http://rghost.net/8LfLLG7vy

Attachments

• Old3DS_AGB_FIRM_v3665_SignPatcher.rar
    890.2 KB · Views: 79,693
  • New3DS_AGB_FIRM_v4816_SignPatcher.rar
    909.1 KB · Views: 14,205
  • 3DS GBA Footer Generator v0.2d.rar
    685.3 KB · Views: 19,549
  • 3DS Simple GBA Converter v1.3.rar
    956.1 KB · Views: 21,485
Last edited by Riku,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
thank you :) very cool!

what is the footer generator?
i guess the gba converter gives us a useable file for the 3ds, but the footer is for what?

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Margen67

froggestspirit

D/P/Pt Demix Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'd like to ask about the technical details if I may. I tried looking into this with @bobmcjr , but neither of us got it working in the past.
Anyways, I'm excited to try this out, great job! And I can help with N3DS support if you want, PM me.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you :) very cool!

what is the footer generator?
i guess the gba converter gives us a useable file for the 3ds, but the footer is for what?

z6pRYql.png

It's not fully reversed (especially EEPROM part), so I decided not mix it with converter so people can have some freedom until we have some sort of compatibility list.

Reactions: cearp

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Riku

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok back to being serious. From what i'm reading this will work on old and new3ds but there's a very minute chance of a brick if we delete the wrong system title correct? Or will this not work on a new3ds that uses pasta?

Reactions: Margen67

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Won't work on n3ds right now, needs to be adapted.

I hope the source of the tools could be released at some point, or at least some mac versions :)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Won't work on n3ds right now, needs to be adapted.

I hope the source of the tools could be released at some point, or at least some mac versions :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who posted a screenshot of a GBA title running on a 3DS but refused to release your method and telling people to do their own work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1