Region lock still engaged on Homebrewed Japanese to US converted 3DS

gse313

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so maybe I caused this with just too much going on with this system, but I recently acquired an original 3ds Japanese build that I am attempting to get going for my niece to take to college. I installed Homebrew with Luma and GM9 as well as changed the region to US going as far as to convert from 11.16.0.49J to 11.16.0-49U. Knowing the limitations imposed by the number of CIAs that can be installed, I wanted her to be able to use an R4 for the older system gamed (GB/GBC/GBA/ etc).

I have the R4 SDHC 2021, R4 SDHC 2022, and Wi-Fi R4i RTS 3DS card, all of them work on my DSi, my daughter's DSL, and our 2DS XL which also happens to be homebrewed with Luma and GM9.

Each time I try any of the R4s, or any DS cartridge for that matter, in this 3DS I get the following error

An error occured (ErrDisp)
Error type: Generic
Process ID: 19
Process Name: am
Process title ID: 004013000001502
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478

Press any key to reboot.

I am guessing the region lock is somehow still enabled but Luma should have taken care of that, am I wrong??

Any help is appreciated

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also format the console after doing the region change? This usually fixes any weird issues left by the old firmware region.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, so maybe I caused this with just too much going on with this system, but I recently acquired an original 3ds Japanese build that I am attempting to get going for my niece to take to college. I installed Homebrew with Luma and GM9 as well as changed the region to US going as far as to convert from 11.16.0.49J to 11.16.0-49U. Knowing the limitations imposed by the number of CIAs that can be installed, I wanted her to be able to use an R4 for the older system gamed (GB/GBC/GBA/ etc).

I have the R4 SDHC 2021, R4 SDHC 2022, and Wi-Fi R4i RTS 3DS card, all of them work on my DSi, my daughter's DSL, and our 2DS XL which also happens to be homebrewed with Luma and GM9.

Each time I try any of the R4s, or any DS cartridge for that matter, in this 3DS I get the following error

An error occured (ErrDisp)
Error type: Generic
Process ID: 19
Process Name: am
Process title ID: 004013000001502
Address: 0x001093aa
Error Code: 0xc8804478

Press any key to reboot.

I am guessing the region lock is somehow still enabled but Luma should have taken care of that, am I wrong??

Any help is appreciated
Try the "DSi / DS functionality is broken" steps from https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting
It's unclear what causes DS mode to be broken like this, but it's a fairly common issue and that usually fixes it.

gse313

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a charm!! Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Try the "DSi / DS functionality is broken" steps from ******************
It's unclear what causes DS mode to be broken like this, but it's a fairly common issue and that usually fixes it.
This worked like a charm!! Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Did you also format the console after doing the region change? This usually fixes any weird issues left by the old firmware region.
Yes I did... although it wasn't a planned one!! lol

Last edited by gse313,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up