• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using Gateway's 9.7 emunand and I patched the AGB_FIRM and did a Pokemon Emerald CIA.

Guess what?

Black screen and a crash when I open the game. I have to force power off my 3ds.

Thanks. Now I just have to find a dump which matches that checksum.

EDIT: Looks like your checksum matches a romhack named Pokemon Floral Sky, which has a base of Pokemon Emerald.
From what I read on here... pokemom games don't work... no like 128 savs or something to the effect. Which is pokemon games

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what I read on here... pokemom games don't work... no like 128 savs or something to the effect. Which is pokemon games
I was talking about the VC cia itself. It's not even booting.

Emerald should have a white screen, not an entire 3ds crash.

loco365

Trophies
XP
It seems nobody is aware that you CAN get Pokémon working with this. Download the program GBATA, then load your Pokémon ROM in it. Use the application's SRAM patcher, and it will convert the Pokémon ROM to use a 64KB save. You'll get the "Save data is corrupt" error, but that's not a problem.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems nobody is aware that you CAN get Pokémon working with this. Download the program GBATA, then load your Pokémon ROM in it. Use the application's SRAM patcher, and it will convert the Pokémon ROM to use a 64KB save. You'll get the "Save data is corrupt" error, but that's not a problem.
So I don't count as being aware on getting pkm games working?

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your game was probably one of the pre-patched versions floating around which aren't 1:1 dumps but are modified to work in emulators. 1:1 dumps won't work without 128KB save support.
So I was correct about myself saying earlier that the MD5 checksum of his game was telling me it was a romhack and not a 1:1 dump.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, reading the first couple of pages showed nobody knowing about this trick.
I mean on getting pkm games to work. I use the program the op posted. I guess I lucky and got a rom that works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't know it was a rom hack until today. It looks and play like a normal emerald.

Here is a link to some screenshots. I didn't have my camera handy so I used my 3ds xl's camera. http://imgur.com/a/GrRyg sorry about the picture quality

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hella ironic I used his rom to make a patch for flora sky, testing it on CFW now! And it crashed with a error, maybe bad footer?
I mean on getting pkm games to work. I use the program the op posted. I guess I lucky and got a rom that works.

I didn't know it was a rom hack until today. It looks and play like a normal emerald.

It's not a rom hack, it's a patched rom for emulators!

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hella ironic I used his rom to make a patch for flora sky, testing it on CFW now! And it crashed with a error, maybe bad footer?

It's not a rom hack, it's a patched rom for emulators!
Well anyways, it works on the 3ds, which is what is important.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll test to see if the Pokemon games work with 64kb just after I get PastaCFW working. I wish Ninjhax would save it's exploit on Gateway...

...and Ninjhax's site is down for me. How the hell am I supposed to get a QR code now? D:

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'll test to see if the Pokemon games work with 64kb just after I get PastaCFW working. I wish Ninjhax would save it's exploit on Gateway...

...and Ninjhax's site is down for me. How the hell am I supposed to get a QR code now? D:
I know it works because I use the SRAM patch to get it working on my flashcard which can't support 128KB saves. The games split the save in half to keep for a backup, but as long as you're careful with saving, you should be able to play Emerald on it perfectly fine.

ShinkoNet

Obsessed with Touhou
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
85c0c5c0d8.png

Ugh. I can't use Pasta CFW because Ninjhax is down and I don't have the exploit saved. (meaning I have to use QR codes which access his site, and it can't. It just crashes.)

This VC loading is not compatible with Gateway EmuNAND, and being the unsafe idiot I am I tried Gateway's SysNAND mode as well and it doesn't work. Looks like I have to wait till smealum's site comes back up.

Notice: You cannot play GBA games from Gateway mode, either in emuNAND or sysNAND.

Last edited by ShinkoNet,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is anybody's savdatafiler working with gba games? Mine doesn't, but I'm using the pasta compatible version (53176).
Here's a useful piece of info maybe: your last gba save is located in plaintext on the 3ds nand. It has it's own partition even, 192 KBs worth, same as the sd save. I assume your sd save is decrypted and copied there right before AGB_FIRM launches.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#NAND_structure

You can dump it with rxtools.

Reactions: hippy dave

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sad that it has to be untrimmed roms. I mean, I wsnt to play some fan-translated roms, but I can't covert them into .cia. I also wanted to add that sleep mode patch to other gba roms, but it's considered "trimmed" apparently. *sigh*

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sad that it has to be untrimmed roms. I mean, I wsnt to play some fan-translated roms, but I can't covert them into .cia. I also wanted to add that sleep mode patch to other gba roms, but it's considered "trimmed" apparently. *sigh*
You can untrim them in a hex editor. You just need to add random padding bytes until it's an even 8MB/16MB/32MB

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the one who posted a screenshot of a GBA title running on a 3DS but refused to release your method and telling people to do their own work?

Yeah, snobs....

BTW, Legacy of Goku, jesus F im only waiting for emunand support on pasta and Ill be changing sides by the speed of light :gba:

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i am 16 but set my birthday to 9/11 lmao