• Views 622,685
  • Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay I got a Castlevania double pack (eur) rom.
How exactly can I turn this in a savable .cia game for sysnand?

I don't know witch options I need to choose for the gbaftrgen.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent work! many gamers are aging and would rather play the classics than the newer stuff. personally I'm a major Nintendo fan and feel nes/snes/some n64 games era were the best time to be a gamer! there are, of course, some GC and Wii titles that are beastly too but not in the volume during the nes/snes days.

I also have an o3ds on 4.2 and a n3ds on 9.2 with gw mset installed, and the o3ds hard modded if needed. if I can help pm me.

thanks again!

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've unpacked the patched and unpatched versions, and here is what is patched:
7cd10fc4bff94c29820fe0aae886b797.png

f0480c0d4b1c4e4696e60803d67467cf.png

I've tried running those parts through ida, and my results are these:
1. I have no idea what the former part is supposed to do, but it's probably some data, not code.
2. The latter part just sets r0 to 0 (which probably is the return code for success), and (jumps to an instruction that) pops r4-r6 and pc (a.k.a. returns)
I utterly suck when it comes to reversing stuff, so meh.

@motezazer: given the above images, you could start searching for the HEX strings. Maybe you turn up with something.
1. The former is a SHA256 hash, see the FIRM format on 3dbrew.
2. The latter is the actual sig patch.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
1. The former is a SHA256 hash, see the FIRM format on 3dbrew.
2. The latter is the actual sig patch.

That makes a lot of sense.
Whoop-de-doo, this patch is even smaller than pasta (not considering the checksum).

How difficult was it for you to just state the changes, @Riku ? It would've spared an hour of my life.

Reactions: Margen67

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems nobody is aware that you CAN get Pokémon working with this. Download the program GBATA, then load your Pokémon ROM in it. Use the application's SRAM patcher, and it will convert the Pokémon ROM to use a 64KB save. You'll get the "Save data is corrupt" error, but that's not a problem.
Will this work with mystery dungeon red rescue team aswell? (If not, I guess I'll just put blue rescue team into my cartridge slot)

Also, Am I allowed to upload a .cia of "Chipsune!" on here? It's a GBA homebrew I created that allows you to create chiptune music on the gba. I'm not sure if building the cia would include proprietary nintendo stuff, so that's why I want to double check.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if the AGB_FIRM doesn't support 1024kb Flash v103 saves? We just have the ambassador games to look at, but it stands to reason that when GBA compatability mode was designed by Nintendo, these Pokemon games were taken into account, and it's not like there's a lack of space. You'd have to look where the 3DS checks the GBA mode initialisation parameters to see if there are more than the ones used by the Ambassador games.

Note: ADVANsCEne lists all these Pokemon games as 1024kbit Flash v103.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
So we can just patch, install and play in the first boot, without loading CFW or similar?

No, because the NATIVE_FIRM still checks for the signatures of the .cias you've installed. That has to be patched too (by a CFW).
I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your question.

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
of course you need sig patching on the nand to make the custom CIAs working. (Pasta or whatevs)
Yeah, i was just dreaming!

No, because the NATIVE_FIRM still checks for the signatures of the .cias you've installed. That has to be patched too (by a CFW).
I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your question.
That's why i asked twice :P
It sounded too good to be true!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1