Hacking Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (WIP)

which translation do you prefer, uncensored or censored?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zadanlavey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello team!!
@InquisitionImplied @Khar00f (Hope you still ready to keep working, you are great!)

First of all, sorry for the absence (At least on the forum, because I have been slowly working on the project). I have been expanding my knowledge to be able to complete this translation. The good news is that I'm back with full time to complete this once for all! (Also want to move to other interesting projects on the WIi U).

Thanks for your interest:
Hello guys,
It's been 14 days we don't have news about the project.
Hope everything is fine ?

I don't want to look like thankless, but I would really love to play the game during summer.
Is there any possibility project is over soon ?

Thanks again for the hard work.
Hello Wargla, sorry for disappointing you but is not ready yet...
The good news is that we are still working on this, but now at full time again. Maybe we can play a match online when we complete this project.

Just started this game yesterday - fully japanese- and must say : big fun! Unfortunately I don't understand all the options at all (just understood 'Vs' mode :-) )
I saw the video at page 1... is it possible to publish the game (or patch-set) as it is right now? As a version '0.5 beta' .

I guess that for starters it gives already a big headstart in understanding the initial game options.... just a thought.

Great work btw.
Thanks for your suggestion, but just wait a little bit more for the full translation patch.

I just wonder.. how will this eventually be released?

I assume it will be a patch-set as publishing a 'ready-2-run' version will be hammered down by Sega as 'illegal' copyrighted material.
But will it be a patch-set on a 'loadiine' aka decrypted version or on a wup-installable package (with cfw of course)?
Don't worry about that, we'll find the way. We started this project from zero (Not knowing anything about hacking, programming or translation. Just perseverance).

so... what's going to happen if @zadanlavey doesn't come back? will the translation get cancelled?
We finish what we start. We are still working on this project and now at full time.

Anything stopping you all from just using the assets (logo, text, voices, etc) from the official release and putting them in the Japanese Wii U/3DS versions?
Nice idea about the translated assets from other consoles. I'll review that option.

Audio seems easy enough to convert if someone wants the dub, though I had problems with it crashing on 3DS yet worked fine in Citra, imagine its how I made the "bcstm" not toyed with that audio format much.

Edit: Oops this is Wii U thread not 3DS, imagine it's possible on Wii as well
Yeah, I already was analyzing that option. The sound is easy to replace.

Woah! This is incredible, any way we can get a release for the work as it stands and we can just overwrite the loadiine files?
Just wait a little bit more for the full translation. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks everyone for your comments and special thanks to inquisitionimplied for being attentive to the thread. He was right on every answer.

Read you soon.

zL

e-xtrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I already was analyzing that option. The sound is easy to replace.
zL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm excited to play this version soon omg :D :D :D

I don't really want to buy the Switch version due to the Joy-cons being my only controllers + the Wii remotes + Wii U controllers are comfy to hold lol

Last edited by e-xtrc,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Has this translation project died. Life sometimes gets in the way of this stuff etc. Maybe just release what you've already done so someone else could maybe pick up the project. Shame to waste all that hard work you've already put in.

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messaged zadanlavey on Saturday and he hasn't been online to reply, so who knows what the progress is? If this project is dead, then honestly most of the progress made on it was vectoring the assets, which is now pretty much useless if the Switch assets from the cartridge dump can be used in the translation

Reactions: Columbo2811

e-xtrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may be still working on it, but might be doing it on his free time now since he's also a person with a life :) other translation projects took long too so let's be patient :D

Reactions: byrolo

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think what I have is fit to put on github, but I'll go ahead and post it here. There's a build with the files packed up that's about two days behind the progress we stopped at and translated much of the menu UI (and includes a "translated by" screen which I don't know how to get rid of right now), with some incorrectly scaled words of the head options so that they could fit in the sprite's dimensions. I won't bother posting any additional vectored images not covered by this patch, unless requested, because the Switch cartridge of the game has been dumped

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy6fkc5cj6a2jvf/PPT - Translated 01.rar?dl=0

Speshe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think what I have is fit to put on github, but I'll go ahead and post it here. There's a build with the files packed up that's about two days behind the progress we stopped at and translated much of the menu UI (and includes a "translated by" screen which I don't know how to get rid of right now), with some incorrectly scaled words of the head options so that they could fit in the sprite's dimensions. I won't bother posting any additional vectored images not covered by this patch, unless requested, because the Switch cartridge of the game has been dumped

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy6fkc5cj6a2jvf/PPT - Translated 01.rar?dl=0

what do we do with these files ?....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.