Can you hack your wii u with something other than sd card

makajavelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can you hack your wii u with other external storages, like hdd because i have one hdd all redy and don't want go buy a new sd card, so can i hack my wii u with hdd. And also i saw in the nintendos own website or something that wii u doesent support sd cards with uhs speed thing but i can't find any sd cards that don't atleast have uhs 1 so if i have to get a sd card does it matter if it has uhs 1. And if i need to hack with sd card do i need an external sd card reader or can i use the build in sd card reader that is in wii u.

makajavelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can you hack your wii u with other external storages, like hdd because i have one hdd all redy and don't want go buy a new sd card, so can i hack my wii u with hdd. And also i saw in the nintendos own website or something that wii u doesent support sd cards with uhs speed thing but i can't find any sd cards that don't atleast have uhs 1 so if i have to get a sd card does it matter if it has uhs 1. And if i need to hack with sd card do i need an external sd card reader or can i use the build in sd card reader that is in wii u.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of no. USB wouldnt work either way since the system formats it into a custom file system once its inserted.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry what are CFW files i don't know
Custom Firmware files. The stuff that the Wii U interacts with and what presumably launches and maintains the custom firmware software (I'm guessing here as I'm not very familiar with Wii U hacking). The CFW is presumably designed, and only possible with, an SD card. They aren't that expensive or difficult to obtain in most cases.

Reactions: Hayato213

makajavelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
so does this matter "And also i saw in the nintendos own website or something that wii u doesent support sd cards with uhs speed thing but i can't find any sd cards that don't atleast have uhs 1 so if i have to get a sd card does it matter if it has uhs 1."

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does this matter "And also i saw in the nintendos own website or something that wii u doesent support sd cards with uhs speed thing but i can't find any sd cards that don't atleast have uhs 1 so if i have to get a sd card does it matter if it has uhs 1."
Again, I'm not an expert on Wii U stuff, but if NIntendo's website says it isn't compatible then you probably shouldn't get a card with UHS 1. There are plenty of cards on the market (I'd wager most of them, in fact) that don't have this. Just a regular old 8GB card from Walmart or something should work just fine.
And you shouldn't need an external reader. You should be able to just use the Wii U's reader. You might need an adapter if your PC doesn't have one, but one shouldn't be necessary for the Wii U itself.

makajavelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Again, I'm not an expert on Wii U stuff, but if NIntendo's website says it isn't compatible then you probably shouldn't get a card with UHS 1. There are plenty of cards on the market (I'd wager most of them, in fact) that don't have this. Just a regular old 8GB card from Walmart or something should work just fine.
And you shouldn't need an external reader. You should be able to just use the Wii U's reader. You might need an adapter if your PC doesn't have one, but one shouldn't be necessary for the Wii U itself.
I can't find any i have chearched with "no uhs sd cards" but only thing that pops up is something like "witch is better u1 or u3" and when i look at differen't stores catalog of memory cards every single one has atleast u 1

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UHS-I cards will work, just not at UHS-I speeds. They're backwards compatible.
You can't hack it with a HDD, the HDD is only usable for installing games to (or running homebrew in Wii Mode but you still need a SD card to hack the vWii)

Reactions: makajavelin

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can get a Class 10 A1 card if you want, if you don't want to spend too much money. The Wii U can't utilize A2 U3 speed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank you i will get one

If that hard drive is a 2.5" drive you would want to get y cable to power and allow the wii u to read data depending on your HDD and its enclosure.

1712774640476.png

1712774707435.png

makajavelin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
IMG_1973.jpg

i found this in an old camera that we have can this work?
Post automatically merged:

If that hard drive is a 2.5" drive you would want to get y cable to power and allow the wii u to read data depending on your HDD and its enclosure.

View attachment 431016

View attachment 431017
my hdd has like a cable that powers it strait from the wall don't know what thats called something like externally powered or something so do i need the y cable still

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 431019
i found this in an old camera that we have can this work?
Post automatically merged:

my hdd has like a cable that powers it strait from the wall don't know what thats called something like externally powered or something

You should be fine then with the 3.5 HDD you have if you have a power supply, as for the SD card, it is enough just for CFW files, if you want to copy game files to install with you need a larger card.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games are put on the sd card and you load gx wup installer and that will install the game files from sd card to the hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y