Can you use games on an external hard drive while having games on sd card?

SlumberCrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a homebrew wii u but here my question would it be possible to play games that are in the SD card while being able to play games that are in the external hard drive or would I only be able to use one or the other.
Plus while asking this would it be possible to copy a game from the SD card to the external hard drive on the wii u or would I need to get another device involved

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't play games from the SD, so you need a USB drive. This is cause the USB drive uses an encrypted, properitary filesystem (copyright protection) while the SD uses FAT32.

To get games on your Wii U you need to install them. The installation files can be on the SD card. To download them you use Wii U Downloader or NUSspli and to install you use NUSspli.

With a CFW you can also access the USB drive by FTP but you still can't just put files there and play them. You would have to recreate the whole setup process of the Wii U, like ticket handling and stuff, so it's really more simple to just install the games. ;)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto