Hardware Homebrew Japanese Wii U won’t play injected US/English Wii & GCN games. Any workaround?

TheDerpyDolphin

Derp.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend recently bought a Japanese Wii U for fairly cheap and had me install Aroma on it. Thanks to Aroma he is able to download and play the American versions of Wii U games from NUSspli, but when trying to play a game that uses the “Wii Virtual Console” (Wii and GameCube injects) the console acts as if it is booting into the vWii as normal with a black screen, then reboots back into Wii U mode. This even occurs on official Wii Virtual Console games (US region downloaded from NUSspli) like Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zelda: Skyward Sword. Interestingly enough, the only injections that did work were the overclocked Wii64 and WiiStation forwarders.

I have an American Wii U that has a few injected Japanese Wii and GameCube games on it and they work just fine, so is this just a weird quirk of Japanese Wii Us? I don’t think Aroma is to blame because I installed Tiramisu on his console just to see if that was the problem and got similar results. Does anyone know of a fix/workaround? (besides using WiiFlow/USB Loader GX, as my friend would prefer not to buy another hard drive/bigger SD card for the vWii)

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thought is try another injection, if you use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for injection, then try UWUVCI AIO.
But you mentioned even official VC fails to launch...
So is vWii of this console hacked also? Can you enter vWii mode and play games using some USB loader?

TheDerpyDolphin

Derp.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thought is try another injection, if you use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for injection, then try UWUVCI AIO.
But you mentioned even official VC fails to launch...
So is vWii of this console hacked also? Can you enter vWii mode and play games using some USB loader?
The vWii has been hacked so it can run homebrew. He is currently using WiiFlow to play Wii games from his SD card which works fine, but he said he would much rather prefer to have all of his games available from the Wii U Menu as well as storing them on the much larger Wii U formatted USB drive.

TheDerpyDolphin

Derp.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try rehack vWii using newest guide steps and see if anything changes.
It was hacked just last month so the guide should be the same, but I will try just in case I messed something up. I don’t know when I’ll see him next but I’ll report back when I have a chance to work on it.

Edit: Restored and remodded the vWii and got the same results. He’s looking into saving up for a new hard drive for USB Loader GX instead.

Last edited by TheDerpyDolphin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto