Wii U won’t write to SD Card

Sherring5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please help! I have been trying to mod my Wii U for a few days and my Wii U won’t write to sd card. It keeps saying ‘failed to write to sd card’. I have tried tape, resetting the sd card but nothing is working. Please help:)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tape?
The problem could be that the sd card is locked
The tape is exactly for that: The Wii U uses a laser to read the switch state but this laser is pretty picky. A small scratch between the switch and the casing you can't even see is enough for the Wii U to think the card is locked. In these cases one just grabs a piece of tape and covers the switch under it: Laser can't pass anymore, Wii U thinks cardn isn't locked. This trick even worked for people who somehow managed to completelly rip the switch off the SD card. ;)

So seeing the OP tried tape already I'm pretty sure it's not a write lock issue.

Sherring5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you confirm that the card is formatted to fat32? Do you have any others to test with?
Yes I have formatted it to Fat32 and bought 3 sd cards but they all don’t work for some reason? Is there anything I’m doing wrong?
Post automatically merged:

The tape is exactly for that: The Wii U uses a laser to read the switch state but this laser is pretty picky. A small scratch between the switch and the casing you can't even see is enough for the Wii U to think the card is locked. In these cases one just grabs a piece of tape and covers the switch under it: Laser can't pass anymore, Wii U thinks cardn isn't locked. This trick even worked for people who somehow managed to completelly rip the switch off the SD card. ;)

So seeing the OP tried tape already I'm pretty sure it's not a write lock issue.
Ok thanks for that, does it need to be a certain colour of tape? Also what could it be if it’s not a write lock issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto