Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
SoulAnger said:
fgghjjkll said:
Soulanger: when you mentioned merc, it reminded me something with hopawarty and merc and me on irc. lol
Lol yeah. ^^
Damn, dude I wanted to talk to you but I just couldnt time you right.

QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 25 2009, 12:52 PM) Don't give up on the file browser. since ds organize doesn't work on the dsi it would be nice to have something that did.
Hmm, DSo doesnt work on DSi? (hehe, o & i)
I see no reason why it should work.
So anyway, what do you guys want on the file browser?
Any specific features you want me to add?
Renaming, etc?
I suppose cut/copy/paste functions already exist so I'm gonna recommend a file properties window or something.
I'm sure hopawarty would appreciate it.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad your back Soulanger, Pleased to see that your nearing complete, Go ahead and do a closed beta, we can wait a little more for it. Also good luck with the file manager hope you can get that figured out as well. I do have a few questions though..

1) How themeable is the MENUdo Engine?

2) this one is a stupid question because I'm sure you posted about it somewhere in this thread but I forgot, Are there any online features like IRC, Updating through Web, anything?

3) Does the free version only launch homebrew or maybe in some later release it use an external program to launch normal games? Just Wondering...

Thanks, Sorry for the really stupid questions.... It's been a while since I went back through the thread so these were probably already anwsered.

You don't have to answer them if they've already been done somewhere else.

Also for suggestions.... well.... I had some on the tip of my tounge but I seem to have forgotten them...... >_>

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soulanger good to hear something after a while you know i think you get exhausted of answering the same question so edit your main post with a FAQ problem solved

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear your back here posting Soul! Its always a pleasure to hear that your also taking suggestions for the file browser, so my only one would be:

Make it do all the normal commands like - Rename/Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/New Folder/... you know.

Also on a good note how good do you believe your homebrew is compared to Moonshell 2 if you've used it recently?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
features I would like for file browsing are renaming and file hiding (to hide game saves). Can MENUdo play other music formats besides mp3? Mainly ogg because thats basically all I have. Also can it play videos and if so what format?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
Renaming, etc?

Renaming, basic cut copy paste functions.
Folder renaming, cut copy and paste functions.

Simple Text reader maybe editor to edit and ini files.
Maybe a hex editor.
Though that's doable with external apps.

Oh maybe a check disk function? Like Moonshell2 has.
Not that badly needed though.

File manipulation is rather important to me.
It stinks when your stuck somewhere and you can't delete rename or move one stupid little file or folder without getting to a computer first.
Unless you have a laptop, its a pain.
So file manipulation is highly desired for me. Mostly for convienence. though.

Oh maybe, .ico icon file support for special file extensions and what not, but maybe the skining function covers that.

Hmm maybe a password protected config screen that can disable deletion.
Good for those who don't want someone else manipulating files.

Thats all the ideas I can think of off hand.
I think it'll be rather satisfactory either way. Just being able to drag files about.

Oh small icon file listing mode too, if thats not already in there.

Can't wait to start skinning that darn menu app. :3

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for cards that can only run homebrew, could you use ysmenu? and leave the cheat thingy working without having to boot to ysmenu? Also, is rts and slow motion available?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
SoulAnger said:
fgghjjkll said:
Soulanger: when you mentioned merc, it reminded me something with hopawarty and merc and me on irc. lol
Lol yeah. ^^
Damn, dude I wanted to talk to you but I just couldnt time you right.

QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 25 2009, 12:52 PM) Don't give up on the file browser. since ds organize doesn't work on the dsi it would be nice to have something that did.
Hmm, DSo doesnt work on DSi? (hehe, o & i)
I see no reason why it should work.
Renaming, etc?
i usually go on irc at 9pm till 10:30pm UTC+10:00
plus,....actually i not rather talk about the other way of communication.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
boogerlad said:
for cards that can only run homebrew, could you use ysmenu? and leave the cheat thingy working without having to boot to ysmenu? Also, is rts and slow motion available?
depends how it boots roms.
cyclo and supercard some how got rts and slow motion in perfect order.
you might want to ask Normmatt how it works.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blink.gif
So many questions..
Yosh! I'll try my best to answer them all
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:
Glad your back Soulanger, Pleased to see that your nearing complete, Go ahead and do a closed beta, we can wait a little more for it.
Also good luck with the file manager hope you can get that figured out as well. I do have a few questions though..

1) How themeable is the MENUdo Engine?

2) this one is a stupid question because I'm sure you posted about it somewhere in this thread but I forgot, Are there any online features like IRC, Updating through Web, anything?

3) Does the free version only launch homebrew or maybe in some later release it use an external program to launch normal games? Just Wondering...

Thanks, Sorry for the really stupid questions.... It's been a while since I went back through the thread so these were probably already anwsered.

You don't have to answer them if they've already been done somewhere else.

Also for suggestions.... well.... I had some on the tip of my tounge but I seem to have forgotten them...... >_>
Well yeah but you guys know me. :\
Each time I get to a part where I say, I'll release it this month, etc. Out of nowhere, the release date gets pushed once more.
frown.gif

The reason why I do that is because I wanted to add more features, and polish.
smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

1) The main menu and nds folder navigator, is extremely themeable. Its alot more customizable than the xmb. It can virtually imitate 80% of the menus out there, although that also depends on your skills. Hmm, if MENUdo will be pushed once more, I believe it will be because of the theme maker. I'm thinking of porting it to windows. Although it is fun doing scripts and skins on the actual hardware itself, but it does tend to get annoying when you keep on updating a gfx on your pc. (turn off ds, remove sd, insert sd to pc, and so on)
The settings, and file explorer is also themeable, although you dont get to have much freedom compared to the main menu and folder navigator.
As for the other internal features and apps, like the music player, well you cant edit them right now. But no worries, I can still update it after the first release.

2) There will be alot of wifi features for MENUdo. I believe these features is one of the reasons why MENUdo will be great menu/homebrew.
smile.gif
Because there are only a number of homebrews and menus out there that uses wifi. Hence I think AKAIO is the only menu out there that uses wifi. Although there are limitations, in homebrew wifi features. Like libwifi's speed limitation is merely, 6-10kbps(?) Oh well, at least it only affects wifi file transfers. I just hope we could find a work around for this.
frown.gif
Anywho I personally think that these wifi features will give users a bigger experience for their ds. (P.S. MENUdo's wifi features does not need Friend Codes)
tongue.gif

3) Uhmm, free version only runs homebrew games. So for those who just uses their carts for homebrew, well dont worry you dont need to buy another cart.

Sarvesh50 said:
Soulanger good to hear something after a while you know i think you get exhausted of answering the same question so edit your main post with a FAQ problem solved
Well okay. ^^
When im not lazy.
tongue.gif

xylos said:
Glad to hear your back here posting Soul! Its always a pleasure to hear that your also taking suggestions for the file browser, so my only one would be:

Make it do all the normal commands like - Rename/Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/New Folder/... you know.

Also on a good note how good do you believe your homebrew is compared to Moonshell 2 if you've used it recently?
New Folder! Thanks man thats an awesome suggestion.
biggrin.gif

Hopefully I could pull this off greatly and I hope the functions are fast. Although I bluntly, I doubt that. :\

Yeah! I used Moonshell2 a couple of days ago. It's one impressive brew, and its way better compared to Sakura.
Well, there are a number of features that reminded of MENUdo, even one that surprised me that Moonshell2 has.
Moonshell2 and MENUdo are 2 different applications. Until MENUdo gets more multimedia functions like mp3/ogg/dpg/etc supprt, I dont think you can compare them.
As for now I think MENUdo is comparable to DSorganize rather than Moonshell2.
Although we do share one major glitch though. :\

QUOTE(shadow1w2 @ May 25 2009, 09:14 PM)
Renaming, basic cut copy paste functions.
Folder renaming, cut copy and paste functions.

Simple Text reader maybe editor to edit and ini files.
Maybe a hex editor.
Though that's doable with external apps.

Oh maybe a check disk function? Like Moonshell2 has.
Not that badly needed though.

File manipulation is rather important to me.
It stinks when your stuck somewhere and you can't delete rename or move one stupid little file or folder without getting to a computer first.
Unless you have a laptop, its a pain.
So file manipulation is highly desired for me. Mostly for convienence. though.

Oh maybe, .ico icon file support for special file extensions and what not, but maybe the skining function covers that.

Hmm maybe a password protected config screen that can disable deletion.
Good for those who don't want someone else manipulating files.

Thats all the ideas I can think of off hand.
I think it'll be rather satisfactory either way. Just being able to drag files about.

Oh small icon file listing mode too, if thats not already in there.

Can't wait to start skinning that darn menu app. :3

A text reader/writer is on the works but it will be done until a future release.
As for check disk, why dont you just run Moonlight's Checkdisk?
smile.gif

Yeah, I understand what you mean, especially for save files. Although its a rare occasion for me.
.ico? Sorry but I prefer BMP, maybe I'll add it in the near future. ^^
MiniOS app. ^^ I cant consider it as a menu now. :\

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Seems to me you've been working your ass off, Soul. Keep it up. I can't wait to see MENUdo in all its glory!

...You sure you don't need just one more tester? I'd give my left arm to be a beta tester for MENUdo.
tongue.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulAnger said:
Yes and no. ^^
Working on MENUdo made me stop playing games.
So the last few days, I also took a time off to play some GTA:CW. ^^"
Great game, ain't it? When a MENUdo release is made, I'll let you in on a few more insanely fun games.
tongue.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it's possible but will you be able to access the DSi's sd slot and use the file manager to organize what's on there?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you still planning on having the ability to bounce the files around the screen and throw them in the garbage like your trailer? That was so awesome.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LxTrix said:
Don't know if it's possible but will you be able to access the DSi's sd slot and use the file manager to organize what's on there?
I'll answer for Soul: No. The DSi flashcards released now can't access DSi mode, only DS mode. Therefore, until flashcards can access DSi mode, MENUdo (or any other homebrew out there) will not be able to access the SD card.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woot~ Soul is back ^^.

I know this question might sound stupid and cause a lot of annoying problems, but out of what you have done, when do you think a stable release will be released? Like one that has the fewest bugs as possible ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1qAGRpI0oVU?si=N7noR5HZi9EcxWOr ultimate cheat guide