Homebrew [Project] SoulAnger's MENUdo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Being the shy bastard I am, resulted in me lurking and not posting my support, I apologise in not doing so. That being said, since it seems to be pointless jibberjabber flying around now it seems like a good time to do so.

I whole heartedly support you, it's a beautiful menu and I will continue to wait patiently as I did the whole time I heard about this back in 08. Thank you for developing something so pretty for the people who can't do it themselves. Keep doin' what you do, and keep eatin' menudo
tongue.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
aww...come on. i know beve can bitch about shit sometimes but its because you flame and warn him too much.
god dam! give him a break
gbatemp is a place where everyone helps one another.
not flame whoever is being retarded

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Watch out! I'm back! >:3
Its been a couple of weeks since, my last reply. (man thats alot of pages to read)
I've decided to visit the thread because of what happened to the last few days. (I only know the few major events)
Sorry for everything guys, especially Toni.
frown.gif

To be honest, I agree with Toni and Normmatt. Locking this thread would be better, there are so many flames and off-topic discussion in this thread. When I made this thread I was expecting suggestions, critisms, etc.
Also, the hype being generated from this thread is pressuring me.
frown.gif

At times, I even doubt my work if it would meet your expectations.
Like what normmatt said, the less hype the better.

Okay now. Everybody knows, that they want to know, where I've been, right?
tongue.gif

Well, I've been doing alot of work on MENUdo, and stuff in my personal life.
The past weeks, I've had a tight schedule. My time to work on MENUdo is very limited.
This is why I dont go to gbatemp, as I consider it NSFW, and time consuming for me.
frown.gif

I'll rather code than talk about it. ^^"
But I do talk to the beta testers, and allow them to post on this thread.
Just to show that there is progress.

Hmm, so what is MENUdo's progress right now?
Well, everything's dandy and near complete. The only feature that's giving me a problem right now is the File Explorer. So much trouble that I'm thinking of not adding it to the first release.
As for new features and videos. Well, I've decided not to show, or announce the new stuffs.
My idea is, so that when MENUdo gets released you will find new features that you never knew before, something that you were never expecting.
This will allow MENUdo to surpass the hype.

Any questions will be okay for me. ^^

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
What exactly has been troubling you with the file explorer?
unsure.gif
It can't be something that major seeing as you "might" not include it in release. Anyways, it is nice to see that you are back on the scene, albeit temporarily. Please give me some details, what is it? Is it a file that refuses to delete itself after a cut? Maybe the trashcan isn't working? Oh well, sorry for the trouble.

From your beta tester's feedback, it seems to be working charms, which is a plus. Because of the positive feedback, it has me wondering... When you do release it, will you do it as a public beta, or a stable release? Also, I know this is redundant, but if you do get that pesky bug fixed, will you release it or debug the menu more so than it already is?

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gunfreak11 said:
unsure.gif
It can't be something that major seeing as you "might" not include it in release. Anyways, it is nice to see that you are back on the scene, albeit temporarily. Please give me some details, what is it? Is it a file that refuses to delete itself after a cut? Maybe the trashcan isn't working? Oh well, sorry for the trouble.

From your beta tester's feedback, it seems to be working charms, which is a plus. Because of the positive feedback, it has me wondering... When you do release it, will you do it as a public beta, or a stable release? Also, I know this is redundant, but if you do get that pesky bug fixed, will you release it or debug the menu more so than it already is?
Graphics is messed up. The text doesnt show. In short it doesnt work.
frown.gif

Its been months sinced I coded it, so its also been a while since I tested it also.
After months of coding, MENUdo's engine is bound to change.
So this has affected my old codes, and now I dont know which lines causes the errors.

Oh btw, did you guys know that MENUdo takes 1-3 minutes to compile?
tongue.gif

Top that off with inserting the memory card, copying the file, removing the memory card, inserting, on the ds, load the file. (MENUdo cannot be emulated
frown.gif
)
Really this procedure is so damn long.
This is one of the reason why MENUdo takes so long to finish.

Hmm, public beta?
unsure.gif

Well I was thinking of a close beta. Right now, I'm still aiming for a stable build.
smile.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
SoulAnger said:
Gunfreak11 said:
unsure.gif

Graphics is messed up. The text doesnt show. In short it doesnt work.
frown.gif

Its been months sinced I coded it, so its also been a while since I tested it also.
After months of coding, MENUdo's engine is bound to change.
So this has affected my old codes, and now I dont know which lines causes the errors.

Oh btw, did you guys know that MENUdo takes 1-3 minutes to compile?
tongue.gif

Top that off with inserting the memory card, copying the file, removing the memory card, inserting, on the ds, load the file. (MENUdo cannot be emulated
frown.gif
)
Really this procedure is so damn long.
This is one of the reason why MENUdo takes so long to finish.

Hmm, public beta?
unsure.gif

Well I was thinking of a close beta. Right now, I'm still aiming for a stable build.
smile.gif

Stop bullshitting AKAIO takes 5-10 minutes to compile and it cant be emulated yet either. You just keep adding features which break other shit and having to go back a fix shit up.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
AKAIO takes 5-10 minutes to compile and it cant be emulated yet either. You just keep adding features which break other shit and having to go back a fix shit up.
Well true
tongue.gif

But cmon. ^^"
Mine's not yet finished.
And I'm not as a good coder as you.
frown.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
SoulAnger,
at the end of the day .. may you find your VITOLY
tongue.gif

hahaha you promised me that you will find it!@
so take your time and polish menudo
tongue.gif

by the way, no point releasing any public beta for getting all the shits and blah blah
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yeah, Soul is back
tongue.gif
. That's all I ever wanted, a little report. I'm happy now ^^. I think I'll keep my questions (which are all stupid anyways, I think...), and wait for the release (looks like it's coming soon), so I'll be more surprised
smile.gif
. Keep it going, and good luck on the filebrowser ( with which I could live without
tongue.gif
) You still have my support and patience
grog.gif

@Antoligy: Sorry, but I think you missunderstood my post...the whole one was big joke, including that Normatt is jealous and MENUdo is better (I'll wait to see it before I give my opinion)...sorry for making this not clear in that post
frown.gif

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any chance of telling us the name of the card that the commercial rom version of MENUdo will be on? That way people looking to buy a new card will know what one to get ahead of time.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
SoulAnger,
muahahahahhaha! wonderful!

Findecanno said:
any chance of telling us the name of the card that the commercial rom version of MENUdo will be on? That way people looking to buy a new card will know what one to get ahead of time.
from what i know is not LEAKABLE but one can easily guess which card it could be
tongue.gif

anyway, this doesn't bothers me, since i own all the carts
tongue.gif

preparing for MENUdo

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Yeah, Soul is back
tongue.gif
. That's all I ever wanted, a little report. I'm happy now ^^. I think I'll keep my questions (which are all stupid anyways, I think...), and wait for the release (looks like it's coming soon), so I'll be more surprised
smile.gif
. Keep it going, and good luck on the filebrowser ( with which I could live without
tongue.gif
) You still have my support and patience
grog.gif
Hmm, if you looked at some of merc, spinal, etc. They posted some progress reports.
About the file browser, same here. I dont need it either.
tongue.gif

But its so damn fun playing around with this thing even though i dont need it.
I almost deleted all of my files just because it was fun throwing stuff to the thrash can.
tongue.gif

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't give up on the file browser. since ds organize doesn't work on the dsi it would be nice to have something that did.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
Soulanger: when you mentioned merc, it reminded me something with hopawarty and merc and me on irc. lol
Lol yeah. ^^
Damn, dude I wanted to talk to you but I just couldnt time you right.

QUOTE(Findecanno @ May 25 2009, 12:52 PM) Don't give up on the file browser. since ds organize doesn't work on the dsi it would be nice to have something that did.
Hmm, DSo doesnt work on DSi? (hehe, o & i)
I see no reason why it should work.
So anyway, what do you guys want on the file browser?
Any specific features you want me to add?
Renaming, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here