XP
ShadowEO said:
SoulAnger said:
blink.gif
So many questions..
Yosh! I'll try my best to answer them all
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:
Glad your back Soulanger, Pleased to see that your nearing complete, Go ahead and do a closed beta, we can wait a little more for it.
Also good luck with the file manager hope you can get that figured out as well. I do have a few questions though..

1) How themeable is the MENUdo Engine?

2) this one is a stupid question because I'm sure you posted about it somewhere in this thread but I forgot, Are there any online features like IRC, Updating through Web, anything?

3) Does the free version only launch homebrew or maybe in some later release it use an external program to launch normal games? Just Wondering...

Thanks, Sorry for the really stupid questions.... It's been a while since I went back through the thread so these were probably already anwsered.

You don't have to answer them if they've already been done somewhere else.

Also for suggestions.... well.... I had some on the tip of my tounge but I seem to have forgotten them...... >_>
Well yeah but you guys know me. :\
Each time I get to a part where I say, I'll release it this month, etc. Out of nowhere, the release date gets pushed once more.
frown.gif

The reason why I do that is because I wanted to add more features, and polish.
smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

1) The main menu and nds folder navigator, is extremely themeable. Its alot more customizable than the xmb. It can virtually imitate 80% of the menus out there, although that also depends on your skills. Hmm, if MENUdo will be pushed once more, I believe it will be because of the theme maker. I'm thinking of porting it to windows. Although it is fun doing scripts and skins on the actual hardware itself, but it does tend to get annoying when you keep on updating a gfx on your pc. (turn off ds, remove sd, insert sd to pc, and so on)
The settings, and file explorer is also themeable, although you dont get to have much freedom compared to the main menu and folder navigator.
As for the other internal features and apps, like the music player, well you cant edit them right now. But no worries, I can still update it after the first release.

2) There will be alot of wifi features for MENUdo. I believe these features is one of the reasons why MENUdo will be great menu/homebrew.
smile.gif
Because there are only a number of homebrews and menus out there that uses wifi. Hence I think AKAIO is the only menu out there that uses wifi. Although there are limitations, in homebrew wifi features. Like libwifi's speed limitation is merely, 6-10kbps(?) Oh well, at least it only affects wifi file transfers. I just hope we could find a work around for this.
frown.gif
Anywho I personally think that these wifi features will give users a bigger experience for their ds. (P.S. MENUdo's wifi features does not need Friend Codes)
tongue.gif

3) Uhmm, free version only runs homebrew games. So for those who just uses their carts for homebrew, well dont worry you dont need to buy another cart.
happy.gif
yay wifi and I can just place YSmenu in the shortcuts if i wanna run games, I can deal with it only running homebrew
smile.gif
Thanks for answering my questiosn, I knew about the wifi speed but I though it was more like 25kbps. Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. also on a side note... Normatt is there a way to get AKAIO to run on r4? I'm tired of the R4 Menu and YSmenu XD
you know why AKAIO is called AKAIO?
cos its for acekard users only [like me
gbasp.gif
]
if its for r4, he'll would call it R4&AKAIO and when people google akaio theyll get 0 results of the latest release.

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
ShadowEO said:
SoulAnger said:
blink.gif
So many questions..
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:
Glad your back Soulanger, Pleased to see that your nearing complete, Go ahead and do a closed beta, we can wait a little more for it.
Also good luck with the file manager hope you can get that figured out as well. I do have a few questions though..

2) this one is a stupid question because I'm sure you posted about it somewhere in this thread but I forgot, Are there any online features like IRC, Updating through Web, anything?

3) Does the free version only launch homebrew or maybe in some later release it use an external program to launch normal games? Just Wondering...

Thanks, Sorry for the really stupid questions.... It's been a while since I went back through the thread so these were probably already anwsered.

Also for suggestions.... well.... I had some on the tip of my tounge but I seem to have forgotten them...... >_>
Each time I get to a part where I say, I'll release it this month, etc. Out of nowhere, the release date gets pushed once more.
frown.gif

smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

1) The main menu and nds folder navigator, is extremely themeable. Its alot more customizable than the xmb. It can virtually imitate 80% of the menus out there, although that also depends on your skills. Hmm, if MENUdo will be pushed once more, I believe it will be because of the theme maker. I'm thinking of porting it to windows. Although it is fun doing scripts and skins on the actual hardware itself, but it does tend to get annoying when you keep on updating a gfx on your pc. (turn off ds, remove sd, insert sd to pc, and so on)
The settings, and file explorer is also themeable, although you dont get to have much freedom compared to the main menu and folder navigator.
As for the other internal features and apps, like the music player, well you cant edit them right now. But no worries, I can still update it after the first release.

2) There will be alot of wifi features for MENUdo. I believe these features is one of the reasons why MENUdo will be great menu/homebrew.
smile.gif
Because there are only a number of homebrews and menus out there that uses wifi. Hence I think AKAIO is the only menu out there that uses wifi. Although there are limitations, in homebrew wifi features. Like libwifi's speed limitation is merely, 6-10kbps(?) Oh well, at least it only affects wifi file transfers. I just hope we could find a work around for this.
frown.gif
Anywho I personally think that these wifi features will give users a bigger experience for their ds. (P.S. MENUdo's wifi features does not need Friend Codes)
tongue.gif

3) Uhmm, free version only runs homebrew games. So for those who just uses their carts for homebrew, well dont worry you dont need to buy another cart.
happy.gif
yay wifi and I can just place YSmenu in the shortcuts if i wanna run games, I can deal with it only running homebrew
smile.gif
Thanks for answering my questiosn, I knew about the wifi speed but I though it was more like 25kbps. Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. also on a side note... Normatt is there a way to get AKAIO to run on r4? I'm tired of the R4 Menu and YSmenu XD
gbasp.gif
]
if its for r4, he'll would call it R4&AKAIO and when people google akaio theyll get 0 results of the latest release.

Acekard all in one?

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
ShadowEO said:
SoulAnger said:
blink.gif
So many questions..
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:

frown.gif

smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

smile.gif
frown.gif
tongue.gif

happy.gif
smile.gif
gbasp.gif
]

The R4-New/R4-SDHC has a firmware that's compatible with AKAIO (Up to 1.4.1 PROPER).

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
T0rnZer0 said:
fgghjjkll said:
ShadowEO said:
SoulAnger said:
blink.gif
So many questions..
biggrin.gif

ShadowEO said:

mad.gif

*Grumble* some one should take their sit down *Grumble*

frown.gif

smile.gif

Okay now for the q&a.

smile.gif
frown.gif
tongue.gif

happy.gif
smile.gif
gbasp.gif
]

The R4-New/R4-SDHC has a firmware that's compatible with AKAIO (Up to 1.4.1 PROPER).

Some one should take their site down

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Hopawarty said:
Noitora said:
Hopawarty said:
Some one should take their site down
Why don't you hex edit it beve?

Its

A) HTML
B) Not possible with an hex editor.

sleep.gif
I was obviously joking about the hex editor but I don't think it's also possible to take a site down with HTML.
On topic: MENUdo is awesome.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
hopawarty: if you were up for grabs as an gbatemp hex editor, people would love you more. please stop being retarded and go with the flow.

On topic: but menudo isnt all that famous yet....
CODE do you know about menudo guys?
no
k
nvm

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MENUdo looks great! Good job!

I wonder if its possible to make loaders for MENUdo like Moonshell 2 has (ysmenu, akaio).

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've decided! I'll make a new video.
biggrin.gif

I'll burrow a video cam, and show off MENUdo.
smile.gif

The testers gave me confidence that MENUdo is really good. ^^
Although, I will not reveal everything yet. (Sorry but I need to exceed the expectations)
I really thank the testers. Again, thank you guys!
biggrin.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
SoulAnger said:
I've decided! I'll make a new video.
biggrin.gif

I'll burrow a video cam, and show off MENUdo.
smile.gif

The testers gave me confidence that MENUdo is really good. ^^
Although, I will not reveal everything yet. (Sorry but I need to exceed the expectations)
I really thank the testers. Again, thank you guys!
biggrin.gif
Awesome!
I wish I was a tester
frown.gif

Edit: Oh wait...

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sigh~
frown.gif

This sucks sd card just died, earlier..
Sigh...
I still have another sd card but that one is 8 gb and I use it for gaming. I'm not sure I wanna take the risk. This would certainly affect development.
frown.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SoulAnger said:
Sigh~
frown.gif

Sigh...
I still have another sd card but that one is 8 gb and I use it for gaming. I'm not sure I wanna take the risk. This would certainly affect development.
frown.gif
Damm -.- (looks at his unused 4GB-Card)...guess this would take too long to send it..
tongue.gif
. What do you mean by "died"? Is it a hardware problem, or is it corrupted in a strange way? I think there are some good tools if it would be corrupted...anyways, I hope you can get a new one/test your builds though...good luck on finding a way...
smile.gif

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulAnger said:
Sigh~
frown.gif

Sigh...
frown.gif

Try using different card readers. I had a 2GB micro SD that corrupted and never worked again. But ever since i bought a new micro sd, i tried for fun to see if the 2GB will read w/ these new readers i got. And it did, so i used the Panasonic SD formatter. And bingo! Its alive again.. Try that before you trash or smash it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?