ROM Hack RELEASE [D3Edit] Diablo 3 save editor (GUI Version)

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is a project that forked from @Visual Studio 's D3Edit.
Now that all basic functionality seems to work I decided to call it a release.

https://github.com/unixtreme/D3Edit/releases/tag/v1.0.4b

Usage is pretty self-explanatory, run D3Edit.py using python.

I accept requests for features but right now I already have a few things planned.

Added on v1.0.5
- Can now add items by either ID or browsing.
- All missing items are now in the database (hopefully).
- Minor GUI redesign.
- Several bugfixes.

Added on v1.0.4
- Stack sizes of certain items can be modified (like GR keys).
- The slot where the item is will be listed in the item editor (easy to see if it's equipped).
- Added some missing items and affixes to the database.

Latest features (and bugs) are on the repo (https://github.com/unixtreme/D3Edit):
- Item edition safe mode (still in progress, but so far it works for some pieces of gear).
- Affix dropdown boxes auto-resize, people were very annoyed by the fixed size as certain affixes didn't fit.
- Add items by ID I added this mainly for myself and some power users who don't mind looking at databases, I may add a better way to add items by name if I have the time.
- Affix filter only affixes matching the text in the box will be shown as options, this is useful to search for things like "6% Crit" "(Ancient)" and so on.

Known issues:
- Some of the newer items and affixes are missing.
- Cannot modify socketed legendary gems.
- Highest GR cleared is not functioning correctly.

If you want to be able to modify the stack size of a certain item please do the following:
Imagine I want to modify the stack size of emeralds but they are missing on the editor:

1.- deposit the emeralds on the stash.
2.- create a new character and take one emerald from the stash.
3.- load this character on the editor, you should see the gem ID that's missing on the character's inventory.
4.- Add a message on this thread quoting me, letting me know which ID is which GEM.
5.- I will add it to the editor within 24 hours on the main branch.

You can do this for any item with a missing ID if you want to help me add missing items (or even affixes), I just don't have the material time right now to come up with a good system to automate it.

A note of warning:
- Make a backup of the original "untouched" save, whenever I have time to work on this I tend to push a lot of changes and something may break at any time, it's the price to pay if we want to add features quickly.

Last edited by unixtreme,

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks cool, I see you cant modify or add stuff to stashes, but this is still awesome to edit the consumables and parts!

Twinbladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried opening the file .bat but I get error everytime, it says no script on drive c something. And also, I have my game with seasonal complete season rewards. You guys need it?

Reactions: JoshDevious

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I tried opening the file .bat but I get error everytime, it says no script on drive c something. And also, I have my game with seasonal complete season rewards. You guys need it?

What exact error message are you getting? If you get this error perhaps it's expecting you to install python3.7 from the internet (I never really use windows so I may need users to help me figure out the kinks, for me it just worked)
If you share the seasonal with me It will be extremely helpful to add the flags on the saves! Send me a PM with your discord if you have :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cannot change hero level. It's always the same after edit.
Modified heroes are saved as modded_blablablabla.dat inside the heroes folder.
You can just move modded_blablabla.dat on top of blablabla.dat and that's it. In retrospect this was a bit of a silly idea I will most likely revert that change.

Twinbladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What exact error message are you getting? If you get this error perhaps it's expecting you to install python3.7 from the internet (I never really use windows so I may need users to help me figure out the kinks, for me it just worked)
If you share the seasonal with me It will be extremely helpful to add the flags on the saves! Send me a PM with your discord if you have :)

You can just move modded_blablabla.dat on top of blablabla.dat and that's it. In retrospect this was a bit of a silly idea I will most likely revert that change.

Idk how to pm here as I am new. I am on safari ios right now but I can access my computer from work.

Reactions: Acidburn135

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country

Nope, he means that monster level goes to 70 but hero level remains 1 :grog:

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Any chance of getting an NRO gui version to use on the switch itself or a config for Edizon?
I can look into this but it would be an entire new project altogether (would be radically different from this one).
As for Edizon that might be more doable, I never used it but depends on the capabilities of the editor, I never used it as I'm mainly using SX OS and it's not recommended to use with it.

Nope, he means that monster level goes to 70 but hero level remains 1 :grog:
That's... interesting... I guess I have something else to do there...

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I get the error : windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\winvenv\Scripts\python', when I run the .bat file I assume it's because I don't have python installed ?

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can look into this but it would be an entire new project altogether (would be radically different from this one).
As for Edizon that might be more doable, I never used it but depends on the capabilities of the editor, I never used it as I'm mainly using SX OS and it's not recommended to use with it.

That's... interesting... I guess I have something else to do there...

If you're able to look into it i would greatly appreciate it! If not then it's not a problem at all, i just like to use Edizon, because of the feature of getting to dump/backup saves + edit them there as well. If you have a config file for it that is. I also use SX OS as well & have been using it for a while now with no issue.

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I get the error : windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\winvenv\Scripts\python', when I run the .bat file I assume it's because I don't have python installed ?
Can you try replacing the contents of the bat file with:

@Echo off
START winvenv\Scripts\python D3Edit.py

I cannot reproduce this issue but I've heard multiple reports, if this works I'll just replace it on the release.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you try replacing the contents of the bat file with:

@Echo off

I cannot reproduce this issue but I've heard multiple reports, if this works I'll just replace it on the release.

Now it says :"windows cannot find 'winvenv\Scripts\python' "

Edit**

D3Edit.py is working fine though, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I am on windows.

Last edited by Ra1d,

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Now it says :"windows cannot find 'winvenv\Scripts\python' "

Edit**

D3Edit.py is working fine though, so I guess it doesn't matter, but I am on windows.
Ah I see what the problem is, it's because the bat is ran as administrator, replacing it with:

@Echo off
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"

Should fix it for both admin and not admin, I just tested in a couple of servers and it seems to work, if you can confirm I can change that!

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah I see what the problem is, it's because the bat is ran as administrator, replacing it with:

@Echo off
@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"

Should fix it for both admin and not admin, I just tested in a couple of servers and it seems to work, if you can confirm I can change that!

No error, but the GUI doesn't appear. The cmd window appears for a second and then disappears instantly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night