Homebrew RELEASE OpenBOR

3DSDSXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you exit openbor emulator it will just crash freeze on my switch v5.1.0 is this a known problem? thanks.

3DSDSXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you exit openbor emulator it will just crash freeze on my switch v5.1.0 is this a known problem? thanks.

Lilcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 5.1.0 Switch and openbor works fine for me. I installed mine from the switch homebrew launcher. While games like SOR2x wont run on this older version, everything else works fine so far.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a 5.1.0 Switch and openbor works fine for me. I installed mine from the switch homebrew launcher. While games like SOR2x wont run on this older version, everything else works fine so far.
This version is just from a few weeks back :P

Lilcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste Ah i see the console ports must be at different builds. The most current is Ver 3.0 build 6203. The last ported version for the switch is Ver 3.0 build 4618

Lilcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tested a bunch of openbor games. Most work in handheld mode but in docked mode many crash after a few mins.

Performance wise i have zero issues. Extra Controllers pick right up for multiplayer which is amazing.

@cpasjuste you are a deity for porting this so well. It basically works out the box!

@magggas your new MK Outworld Assassins game works great even docked for me. Absolutley love this game.

@O_Ilusionista Avengers works great on the switch! Docked mode too! Your Avengers game to me is mind blowing amazing in gameplay and inspirational to beatemup connoisseurs like myself!

I show everyone both games and they are blown away!

Now only if i could get SOR2X working my switch openbor trifecta would be complete!

yondertoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i have a 5.1.0 switch and OpenBor installed from the Homebrew App store, but when i put some .pak games in Paks folder, i only get "no mods in paks folder" :/
Any clues ?
Thank you so much for all your amazing works !
YDT

yondertoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only get this : "No Mods in Paks Folder !".
I really don't understand why :/
I try only with Alien and SoR but same result ...
Is there smthg special i miss ?
Sorry to be so noob -_-

Lilcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only get this : "No Mods in Paks Folder !".
I really don't understand why :/
I try only with Alien and SoR but same result ...
Is there smthg special i miss ?
Sorry to be so noob -_-
Make sure there are no spaces in your paks that they are in the Paks folder and that all of them have the filename structure of "mygame.pak" the extension is most important.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have attached an icon which can be applied using NRO Asset Editor. I will not post a pre-modified .nro out of respect for the author, but it is easy to apply this yourself as well as name the .nro nicely.

Attachments

• logo-openbor-3.png
    logo-openbor-3.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 837
Reactions: slaphappygamer

lifetolifeless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @cpasjuste for porting this marvellous project to switch!

Belt fighters have always been one of my fav genres.

Can't wait to play some Night Slashers X!

A quick question: Does this port support 2P joycon sharing?

Reactions: XC-3730C

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to necropost, but I'm trying to run OpenBOR, and the two games I've tried thus far (A Tale of Vengeance and Marvel Infinity War) seem to be in dev mode or something when I try them? Like, all of the characters' hitboxes are visible, and there's these obnoxious color bars on the screen for these two games. I haven't had a lot of time to try this and any other homebrew out other than RA due to the default Switch error handler requiring a new dose of the jig and an uploading of the payload via a USB-C to USB-A cable for my laptop, so this is my first time trying out a lot of things before SciresM thankfully put in an error handler that cuts down on a lot of the inconvenience of trying out various things with the Switch (even if you don't see this, thank you so much, man!).

Anyways, is there something I'm doing wrong here? Or are those two specific games problematic for this build of OpenBOR? I sure wouldn't mind a crash course to this engine as, while I'm familiar with MUGEN, it ain't open source (and I think IKEMEN has compatibility problems with most of what's been created for MUGEN, could be wrong on that one, though), and I only just now have learned about how much has been created for OpenBOR and have been itching to try this ever since I saw it ported, but like mentioned above, it was problematic as I think the sourceports of Doom had issues running back when I first got my second Switch and you were booted into OFW if anything crashed the system.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind. I figured out that the debug options are apparently activated by default here for some reason...A little weird, but just a heads-up for anyone looking to do anything with this.

Unfortunately, and this could just be down to optimization and other technical stuff, but it does seem to have trouble running on the Switch. I haven't had experience with OpenBOR on a full powered PC to get a measurement of how much RAM and other resources it demands, but I can't imagine it being as unoptimized as MUGEN, especially pre-1.0 MUGEN! I'm just a little disappointed that it can't run at max settings or anything like that without significant slowdown is essentially what I'm saying, but I await a new update before passing judgment, as I'm under the impression this hasn't been updated in months, otherwise this thread would've been updated months ago!

EDIT: I played Marvel Infinity War on the Asgard level, and I'm on 5.1.0 for firmware, and twice the game crashed with a jumpscare noise a splitsecond before I get shown an error code 2345-0021 (0x2b59) on my screen at the moment. Not sure if this happens with other games, but I suppose playing games with the audio on is like trying to play a beat 'em up with a sound whose obnoxiousness is just a tad underneath screamers! On the subject of the game itself, it's awesome, I just wish I could play it, and the other games, without having to fear my Switch crashing in the middle of the game!

EDIT 2 - Electric Boogaloo: It didn't crash at all when I tried to play a game in portable mode, but it did for almost every game while in docked mode. cpasjuste-sama, where art thou!?

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

Lilcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cpasjuste Quick Question.

So O Ilusionista has confirmed that the most recent versions are well over version 6412 as stated in his Mar 22 post.

I was wondering if I could compile a version for switch that will allow the most recent builds to work along with your tweaks if possible?

Just some make/build instruction if possible?

Thanks again for your amazing work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month