Trying to merge and compile fflns code with Cpasjuste's port, playable, but analog and digital direction buttons were separated, only one set of them can be bound, don't know why, maybe I made some mistake on code merging.
The phrase 'god's work' gets thrown around alot, but in this case its totally just. Ive waited so long hoping this port would happen for the full version. Any plans to fix it so that we can have dpad and analog controls simultaneous fixed? Thanks for your work on this
The phrase 'god's work' gets thrown around alot, but in this case its totally just. Ive waited so long hoping this port would happen for the full version. Any plans to fix it so that we can have dpad and analog controls simultaneous fixed? Thanks for your work on this
So SoRX is in open beta, I've tried using the openbor from this thread however it just boots me back to the homebrew menu when I try to load the sorx.pak
other pak files work fine. including the much older sor2x.pak
So SoRX is in open beta, I've tried using the openbor from this thread however it just boots me back to the homebrew menu when I try to load the sorx.pak
other pak files work fine. including the much older sor2x.pak
Hi, I believe the new build of SoRX is using an up to date build of openbor for some of its features and isn't compatible with older openbor builds like the one we use for switch. I'm sure I heard the SoRX dev mention that in the recent past. Which sucks. I have an older build that's great for the switch and with all the SoR1 content getting added, I think we're going to miss out for the switch.
Hi, I believe the new build of SoRX is using an up to date build of openbor for some of its features and isn't compatible with older openbor builds like the one we use for switch. I'm sure I heard the SoRX dev mention that in the recent past. Which sucks. I have an older build that's great for the switch and with all the SoR1 content getting added, I think we're going to miss out for the switch.
yeah, I really hope the OpenBOR for switch gets updated to support these new features.
I do have a work around though.. Install Android on your switch as there is an apk version of SorX, which looks like it's getting supported going forward.
Thx. I tested openbor.nro and it's working fine. the loading speed is really impressive. my problem is that the controls are mapped incorrectly, up and down are swapped with left and right, and vice versa. also, why does OpenBOR for Final Fight LNS have its own dedicated .nro?"
Yeah, I noticed key binding issue, I'll check it later.
The reason OpenBOR and FFLNS use different NRO files is that the FFLNS team made low-level modifications to the OpenBOR engine to support their specific features, resulting in incompatibility with the original engine.
However, this is nothing unusual for the OpenBOR engine; different versions of OpenBOR itself are frequently incompatible with one another. For instance, the 75xx build I compiled belongs to a later iteration of v3.0 and is incompatible with earlier versions (such as the v66xx builds from around 2018).
Consequently, the best way to play a specific game is to use the engine provided with that game—though doing so on the Switch is quite a hassle.
The issues affecting load times are likely bugs or design flaws in the original engine; however, they are not particularly noticeable on modern PCs. Furthermore, since the Switch is not on the official support list, it is highly probable that these issues will be ignored. Compounded by the problem of version divergence, even if a fix were implemented in the new engine (v4.0), the older game version would not receive the update.
So SoRX is in open beta, I've tried using the openbor from this thread however it just boots me back to the homebrew menu when I try to load the sorx.pak
other pak files work fine. including the much older sor2x.pak
Yeah, I noticed key binding issue, I'll check it later.
The reason OpenBOR and FFLNS use different NRO files is that the FFLNS team made low-level modifications to the OpenBOR engine to support their specific features, resulting in incompatibility with the original engine.
However, this is nothing unusual for the OpenBOR engine; different versions of OpenBOR itself are frequently incompatible with one another. For instance, the 75xx build I compiled belongs to a later iteration of v3.0 and is incompatible with earlier versions (such as the v66xx builds from around 2018).
Consequently, the best way to play a specific game is to use the engine provided with that game—though doing so on the Switch is quite a hassle.
The issues affecting load times are likely bugs or design flaws in the original engine; however, they are not particularly noticeable on modern PCs. Furthermore, since the Switch is not on the official support list, it is highly probable that these issues will be ignored. Compounded by the problem of version divergence, even if a fix were implemented in the new engine (v4.0), the older game version would not receive the update.
i see, its like Street of Rage X modded openbor engine. btw since you're already updating also the openbor for FFLNS,can you also, port the SorX? tnx. the loading is really fast, i think there's no problem on that.
anyway for other user, temporary fixed.
first time boot. change the controls on the settings of any openbor games then save that on system as default cfg. so next time you open the openbor it's already fixed.
I worked on porting the Double Dragon release by MaggAs to the Vita, and I don't think I've ever really mentioned this before: if you take the .pak file from the Vita version and drop it into the Switch OpenBOR structured folder, it actually runs better and is fully compatible with the Switch!
That being said, I'm really glad to see OpenBOR being updated for the Switch. Oh, and the reason why some games aren't compatible usually has nothing to do with the engine itself. In the case of Double Dragon, I documented that it had to do with the way the game loaded too many objects at once. Tweaking when assets are loaded per stage—or right when launching the game—can completely make or break it.
For example, in Double Dragon, it was the 3rd or 4th stage (I can't quite remember) that would crash the game because a background had a parallax effect with a really large image. Most PCs can handle that easily, but the Vita couldn't, so I had to remove the parallax effect, which made the game 100% playable again.
If anyone is interested, here are the links to the Double Dragon release for both the Vita and the Switch:
Final Fight LNSU and Street of Rage X both working. didnt finish the game but Stage1-2 are working with no problem.
OpenBOR:
-Marvel Infinity War (latest version) it crash on the Stage 2.
im looking for the old pak of this Infinity War (looks like a its a much better version)
-Justice League Task Force - working
-Mighty Final Fight Forever - working
-Retro Gamer Adventure 2.0 - working
-Power Rangers Beats of Power - working
Finished SOR1 route with Adam, no problem. I was able to remap the controls inside the game, everything works.
Performance are ok, maybe a little loss of fps during the third stage (maybe I can solve it with mild overclock).
Thank you so much, I wanted this game on switch since much time!
I added a 16MB LRU cache for models to speed up loading across stages.
I'd feel much more confident that my patch works if you could finish a full route of the game.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...