Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banner.png

With both libctru and citro2d adding a feature that enables a mode which doubles the screen's horizontal resolution, I've decided to update an image gallery app, which was sitting since 2017, to make use of it!
Originally, the app was made to test displaying an 800px wide image using the 3D feature, with interlaced fields for both the left and right eyes.
Now with the real 800px mode usable, the images look much better than in interlaced form!

I bring you... the Hori-HD Image Gallery!

What is Hori-HD?
It's a variation of HD, where only the horizontal resolution is high-def.
It's also the name I came up with for the 800px wide mode (with Hori being short for Horizontal).

Images from 5 games, totaling up to 49 images, can be viewed in Hori-HD!
For O2DS consoles, Hori-HD will not work (due to their screens not having 800px mode), so the images will be viewed in the regular width resolution of 400px.

Download

Images included from the following games:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)
  • Style Savvy: Fashion Forward (3DS) (USA)
    aka Girls Mode 3: KiraKira Code (JAP)
    aka New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward (EUR/AUS)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Controls
  • UP/DOWN: Previous/Next game
  • LEFT/RIGHT: Previous/Next image
  • SELECT: Switch between 400px and 800px modes
Credits
  • devkitPro: libctru and citro2d/3d
  • Universal Team: Universal Core

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

With both libctru and citro2d adding a feature that enables a mode which doubles the screen's horizontal resolution, I've decided to update an image gallery app, which was sitting since 2017, to make use of it!
Originally, the app was made to test displaying an 800px wide image using the 3D feature, with interlaced fields for both the left and right eyes.
Now with the real 800px mode usable, the images look much better than in interlaced form!

I bring you... the Hori-HD Image Gallery!

What is Hori-HD?
It's a variation of HD, where only the horizontal resolution is high-def.
It's also the name I came up with for the 800px wide mode.

Images from 5 games, totaling up to 49 images, can be viewed in Hori-HD!
For O2DS consoles, Hori-HD not work (due to their screens not having 800px mode), so the images will be viewed in the regular width resolution of 400px.

Download

Images included from the following games:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)
  • Style Savvy: Fashion Forward (3DS) (USA)
    aka Girls Mode 3: KiraKira Code (JAP)
    aka New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward (EUR)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Controls
  • UP/DOWN: Previous/Next game
  • LEFT/RIGHT: Previous/Next image
Credits

Thank you,outstanding work.:yay:

...and an aweome Resolution/Quality on the 3DS.:huh:

I really hope nobody comes next with the Question "When all this Games will work/run on the 3DS......".:P

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, amazing quality. Would be good for New 3DS users switch between 800 and 400 for see defference
It would be nice, if possible, to add a toggle to switch between 800px and the default, to really see the difference
You can press HOME, and then:
  1. Go to game notes and touch one of the notes to see the image in 400px. Or...
  2. Immediately hold L+DOWN+SELECT (or whatever combo is set) to go to Rosalina menu.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: gurgleburble

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read the title of the thread and thought when did Hori Switch from making controllers to making homebrew.

I really hope nobody comes next with the Question "When all this Games will work/run on the 3DS......".:P
Breath of the Wild on the 3ds when??

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be amazing if we can get this tech into retroarch or other emulators. Especially if you want to do actual aspect ratio instead of 1:1 without excessive blur.

Reactions: RocketRobz

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks really great, tried on both XL and normal sized models. the difference comes quite noticeable in the XL models as the screen is bigger, so the image details are more clearer, while in the "normal" models it looks sharper. I see that it could benefit antialiasing and image filtering a lot, it would be interesting to have it implemented on emulators.

Last edited by DSoryu,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truly impressive! didn't think 3DS was capable of this. Can't wait to see this implemented on emulators (if possible). Is it?
It should definitely be possible to implement 800px mode into emulators, especially DaedalusX64, and the upcoming Dreamcast emulator (from Rinnegatamante).

Reactions: peteruk

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It should definitely be possible to implement 800px mode into emulators, especially DaedalusX64, and the upcoming Dreamcast emulator (from Rinnegatamante).
awesome, although my o3DS would probably struggle with it, it runs Daedalusx64 kinda slow as it is. Or this 800px magic doesn't need much processing power to happen?
Also i just've read about the dreamcast emulator, again i don't think it'll work well on o3ds but it's till a marvel to get one in the first place. This forum is great

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, although my o3DS would probably struggle with it, it runs Daedalusx64 kinda slow as it is. Or this 800px magic doesn't need much processing power to happen?
Also i just've read about the dreamcast emulator, again i don't think it'll work well on o3ds but it's till a marvel to get one in the first place. This forum is great
I don't think it would need much processing power, as it'll still just render one frame, instead of two frames for 3D mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended