Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to hack an N64 Rom to be able to burn it to a disc in a gamecube type format so that I can load it as a backup on my Wii? Kind of like how you can burn multiple gamecube games to one disc, only this would be N64 type.

Thanks!
-Krobelus

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raptir said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I hope you understand that it's difficult to read through 125 pages of posts.

I'm running 3.3U (not sure which version...), I have the Homebrew Channel installed (v1.0.1). I have a D2PRO9 installed, but I recently discovered the USB Loader (as in, yesterday) and found out that many games run significantly smoother off of a hard drive. I was considering installing the preloader, both for brick-protection and for the simple feature of booting to the Homebrew channel first, since I'll be using the USB Loader primarily. I had two questions about it. First, with the latest version (.29) do I need to downgrade my Wii before I install it? Second, if I do, how do I go about doing that? Last, if I wanted to reverse the changes, how would I go about that, and would all my settings and IOS installations (I think I only installed 55 and the latest 36) be preserved?

An unrelated question, is Waninkoko's 4.0 safe to install? (Edit: I know this was asked, but I didn't see an answer)

Thanks in advance.

First you need to downgrade to 3.2

1, Wad manager install IOS16
2. Custom wad manager install Cios_fix
3. Run ios downgrader
4. Run ciosdowngader to 3.2

Then get 4.0
1. Run waninkokos 4.0 updater ( ive heard bricks but ive done it multiple times so its safe for me )
2. Run IOS60 patcher
IOS60 patcher:
-click no to IOS61
-click yes to IOS60
-click yes to patch IOS60
-click NO to shop channel
3. Run IOS Downgrader
4. Install preloader .29

Just install the cios's again once youve done above.

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I successfully got my Xporter XT (Patriot flash drive) to work after formating it on my PC to WBFS.

However, the games take forever to load to the flash drive. I am currently copying Twilight Princess (another thread said it took ~25 minutes) however it's only ~17% in 20 minutes and it says there is 1 hour and 15 minutes left.
wacko.gif

Does anyone know if it's possible to speed this up? I couldn't find an answer via google (either regular search or site:gbatemp.net).

Just FYI I have firmware 3.2U and IOS36 rev 10 with USB Loader v1.4.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Riley: Do I need to downgrade to 3.2? I can install WADs fine as is... And where do I find all of these patchers and downgraders? I understand you can't post links to the IOSes themselves, but it seems as though the rules allow for linking to installers.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I DO have Waninkoko's CIOS Rev10 installed already, if that changes anything.

EDIT2: Also, a tutorial I found for install 4.0 says to deny IOS61 and allow IOS60, while you say the opposite...

@PopSmith: Yeah, it takes a long time to rip from the disc itself as of V1.4 of the USBLoader.

D

Deleted User

paul3100 said:
Am i right in thinking that 4.0 only offers the sdhc support for wad files (ie vc & wiiware) and nothing else?

If thats the case ill stick with 3.2 & starfall

paul

It offers:

-SDHC
-Channel launching from SD Card (A thing that we want since the launch of WiiWare)
-Straight downloading to SD Card from Shop Channel

In a way, you're pretty much old-school. At least use preloader, Starfall's outdated. Most of the users are using 4.0 now because 4.0 is the next 3.2.

If you wanna update to 4.0, use a safe method (There's a lot of method, search around) and make sure you have a cIOS installed.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raptir said:
@Riley: Do I need to downgrade to 3.2? I can install WADs fine as is... And where do I find all of these patchers and downgraders? I understand you can't post links to the IOSes themselves, but it seems as though the rules allow for linking to installers.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I DO have Waninkoko's CIOS Rev10 installed already, if that changes anything.

EDIT2: Also, a tutorial I found for install 4.0 says to deny IOS61 and allow IOS60, while you say the opposite...

@PopSmith: Yeah, it takes a long time to rip from the disc itself as of V1.4 of the USBLoader.

if you have cios+u can install wads then just use the custom 4.0 installer. And then do what i said before to install preloader.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, install IOS16, plus the fix, then install 4.0? And what is the IOS downgrader that you mention several times? What does that do?

Edit: Nevermind. I take it I don't need IOS16, then.

Edit2: Also, is there anything else you can't do with 4.0 installed? Like, can you still install the DVD stuff? I'm not sure if I really want that or not, but if I can't do it later I'll go ahead and do it.

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
OK so I haven't been very current on keeping up on the Wii scene. aside from the occasional pop in to see whats new, I have't done anything aside from play. Well I have a new wii points card that I cant use and was hoping to use this usb loader, and maybe set up an emulator channel or two. where would I start to know what IOS or CIOS or whatever I need to update to inorder to do this stuff?

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just wanted to clarify a few things about the Gamma Loader.

I have the Gamma loader with 002 fix. Is this region free? Do I need to mod backups that are region JAP to play on NTSC-U?

Also, is it possible for a different region game to install an IOS for a different region. I feel like I have read that this is possible and can cause briks. What is the most straightforward way to prevent this?

Thanks!

kesadisan

Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
i just feeling to ask this noob question
tongue.gif

Actually where did the releaser (Scene) release their scene at?
i mean where you guys can find out some game rom already come out?
no need to detail only some clue
tongue.gif

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Krobelus said:
Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to hack an N64 Rom to be able to burn it to a disc in a gamecube type format so that I can load it as a backup on my Wii? Kind of like how you can burn multiple gamecube games to one disc, only this would be N64 type.

Thanks!
-Krobelus

Just gonna quote what I said in case anyone misses it..

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raptir said:

That's what I was afraid of...

However, I found out via WBFS Manager that it appears you can load games from your PC if they are on it. I will have to try that and report back.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys. Important question here:

I just upgraded to 4.0U using Wanin's Upgrader.
It was all fine, until I found out I can't use Preloader. Whether it was uninstalled or not, I'm not sure.

Since I still have the boot.dol fot Preloader v.29 on my SD, I'm thinking of just reinstalling it, but I wanted to check if it was safe, since I don't want my Wii bricking twice in the same day.
tongue.gif

So, can I go ahead and do it?

If it helps, I installed everything that came with Wanin's 4U upgrader.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I also have rev10 from Wanin, if that helps.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loony747 said:

It was all fine, until I found out I can't use Preloader. Whether it was uninstalled or not, I'm not sure.

Since I still have the boot.dol fot Preloader v.29 on my SD, I'm thinking of just reinstalling it, but I wanted to check if it was safe, since I don't want my Wii bricking twice in the same day.
tongue.gif

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Its safe if you install .29. But it probably will give you " Cant get root " or somethin like that. If that shows up, just run IOS Downgrader and then try to install.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
loony747 said:

tongue.gif

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Its safe if you install .29. But it probably will give you " Cant get root " or somethin like that. If that shows up, just run IOS Downgrader and then try to install.

So, even if it doesn't install correctly, it won't brick my Wii, right?

Like I said, I saved my Wii from a semi brick with Preloader, and I dont want it to brick by me trying to install something to keep it brickproof.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@loony747: I just updated my Wii to Waninkoko's 4.0 along with cIOS36 r10 and the ios60 patch, and the Preloader v.29 installed fine.

@farfromsubtle: Yes, it is, but it's much better to use the wbfsmanager (there are many out there that will work) because v1.4 rips pretty slow.

I can't find the up-to-date hack.ini though. Any tips?

Edit2: I should say "up-to-date hack.ini creator."

Edit: Also, what would I do to uninstall preloader (not that I can see myself wanting to)? Just run the cIOS downgrader and then install v4.0 again?

Final Edit: Is there a hack remover for Preloader v.29 yet? And can someone link me to that?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is it possible to rip burned games with usb loader using a modded wii?

Yes, its what i do with originals and backups but i would say for installing the games from wii to usb loader to use usbloader 1.1 or 1.2/1.3 no t 1.4 as it seems to take much longer to rip to games to the wii.

paul

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
Is it possible to rip burned games with usb loader using a modded wii?

Yes, its what i do with originals and backups but i would say for installing the games from wii to usb loader to use usbloader 1.1 or 1.2/1.3 no t 1.4 as it seems to take much longer to rip to games to the wii.

paul

The reason it takes longer is that they added better error checking. Honestly, loading the ISOs directly is your best bet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1