Homebrew [Release] GodMode9i - All Access File Browser for the DS(i) (and 3DS)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure y'all have been waiting for a proper file browser for the DSi.
Well wait no longer, because it's out! ;)
logo2_small.png

Introducing GodMode9i! (aka GodMode9 for Nintendo DS(i))
This contains some features of GodMode9, where you can browse files, including deleting, copying, and moving files.
In addition, you can browse files on the flashcard as well, and also copy files between the DSi NAND, the SD card, and the flashcard.

Features:
  • File browsing between the DSi NAND, SD card, and flashcard, including deleting, copying, moving, and renaming!
  • NitroFS browsing in a .nds file.
  • Make screenshots: Press R+L at screens that show "R+L" text. Screenshots are in BMP format.
  • 3DS: .firm payload booting from both the SD card and flashcard! (Only works, if being ran off the SD card, or as a CIA.)
    (Requires latest version of boot9strap installed)
  • DS(i) ROM dumping to the SD card or Slot-2 flashcard. Note that some TWL ROM dumps will not be proper, such as Pokemon B/W 1&2.
  • DS Phat/lite: GBA ROM dumping to flashcard.

Supported flashcards, if being ran off the SD card or as a CIA:
  • Acekard 2(i)
  • R4 Ultra (r4ultra.com)
To get around this limit, run GM9i from the flashcard itself, with SD access enabled in your DS game launcher, such as TWiLight Menu++.

Screenshots:

drive-menu.png
file-list.png
nds-file-menu.png

What do I need to run this?

If you have a DS Phat or DS lite, you can run this on a flashcard using your flashcard kernel, TWiLight Menu++ or nds-hb-menu.
If you have a DSi, you can use TWiLight Menu++ to run this from the SD card.
If you have a 3DS or 2DS, you can either use TWiLight Menu++ to run this from the SD card, or just install the CIA, and launch it from the 3DS HOME Menu.

Downloads:

Binaries:
https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/GodMode9i/releases
Source: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/GodMode9i

Credits:
  • Rocket Robz: Main Developer.
  • @Pk11: Contributor.
  • @zacchi4k: Logo designer.
  • @edo9300: Save reading code from his save manager tool.
  • endrift: GBA ROM dumping code from duplo, used for 64MB ROMs.
  • JimmyZ: NAND code from twlnf (with writing code stripped for safety reasons).
  • @zoogie: ConsoleID code (originating from dumpTool).
  • devkitPro: devkitARM, libnds, original nds-hb-menu code, and screenshot code.
  • d0k3: Developer of GodMode9 for the Nintendo 3DS, which this is inspired by.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
From sd card works perfect. But when i boot it from flashcard it stucks, not showed any folders. Flash - acekard2i..

Reactions: n7raul

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
N-card users should test if this is able to access them. Though perhaps support needs to be added first. Would be interesting as N-Card required a Slot-2 device to add/remove files from it. (has built-in nand instead of MicroSD slot. There is a normal DLDI driver available for this too by the way)

Haven't been able to get N-Card to actually boot on a DSi/3DS yet, but perhaps one day it will. (Unlaunch may be able to boot it on DSi. but have not heard if anyone has tried that yet)

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
N-card users should test if this is able to access them. Though perhaps support needs to be added first. Would be interesting as N-Card required a Slot-2 device to add/remove files from it. (has built-in nand instead of MicroSD slot. There is a normal DLDI driver available for this too by the way)

Haven't been able to get N-Card to actually boot on a DSi/3DS yet, but perhaps one day it will. (Unlaunch may be able to boot it on DSi. but have not heard if anyone has tried that yet)
very hard to find n-card.... :(

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat

I've tried with dslinker 1GB.
Anyway this flashcart is not working. I cannot install its firmware because the dslite have not working shoulder buttons and the usb cable to slot2 device was very short and I lost it. I think it doesn't work with a longer cable.

godmode9i see it as [fat:] GAMECART [x]

Launching wiht twilight menu ++: "Error:Opem xmenu.dat error!

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is normal or not. But for whenever I try loading it using my R4i Gold 3DS Plus on my o3DS, I get a Guru Meditation error (and yes I know that the OG GM9 exists, but I wanted to try running it for curiosity sakes)

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot to run it via TwiLightMenu++ and NOT the Flashcart itself

Last edited by CyberTails,

dragonkn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I don't know if this is normal or not. But for whenever I try loading it using my R4i Gold 3DS Plus on my o3DS, I get a Guru Meditation error (and yes I know that the OG GM9 exists, but I wanted to try running it for curiosity sakes)

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot to run it via TwiLightMenu++ and NOT the Flashcart itself

Is it possible to transfer .sav files from r4igold 3ds plus to 3ds sd card with godmode9i?? If so can you explain how? Thanks

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.1.0
EDIT: Rev 01 is released!

What's new?
  • DS Phat/lite users: You can now dump your GBA cartridges to your flashcard!
  • Added feature to copy or move a file to a specific folder.
  • Can now mount/unmount flashcard by holding R+B. (Only works in DS mode)
  • SD card/CIA users: Will try to read microSD from R4i Gold 3DS Plus.
  • If the app crashes after the GM9i logo, hold Y during the logo on next boot, to disable Slot-1 access.
Improvement
  • Moved most TWL/DSi-mode code, including the built-in DLDI drivers, to arm9i binary.
Bug fix
  • Fixed nothing being shown when pressing A on a non-bootable file in "gm9i/out".
    It'll now simply not do anything, if only either the SD card or flashcard is mounted.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: banjo2

Jvhellraiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The idea of moving things from the R4 Sd card to the Slot 1 sd card sounded awesome
sadly most of the R4 are incompatible making this awesome app useless to me , copying
a save with cheats from the R4 to the Nds rom folder where the game is fix the problem
cheats for now. but this wont happen because of the R4 incomparability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over