Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to buy a external drive to use with the usb loader but i got one question, is the drive support random (it's pure luck if the drive work or not with the loader) or it's something meant to support only those "specific" drives?

thanks in advance

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have succesfully installed preloader on my 3.2E Wii (PAL, Wiikey 1.9). I want to use it to play Sonic and the Black Knight. My preloader settings are:

IOS V30
System menu V290
Preloader V0.28

I have installed the hack which skips the updates on games, but I still can't play Sonic. Freeloader doesn't work after this hack, but I guess I don't need that one anymore (other games work fine without it now, ie. SSBB).

Preloader says there's an update to 0.29 available. Is it possible I have to install this first to get the game to work?

Thanks in advance!

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
david432111 said:
Hyroero said:
Can you run preloader on 3.1e or do i have to update?

Other then that can you even brick your wii if you don't install WADS?
1. You can but I would recommend using any region changer to upgrade to 3.2. 3.1 is really outdated
2. Depends on what you are doing. Always search around before installing something that could possibly be dangerous.

whats out dated about 3.1?

I run backup loader, USB loader and all that on it.

Can you brick while updating if you have stuff installed already?

SychoBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had HBC installed before updating to Wii 4.0. My Wife updated my Wii to 4.0 and now I can no longer install VC Wads through the Wad Manager. I have moved the VC games to the SD Card and they fail to launch. Is there anyways to be able to fix my Wii so I can run VC games from the SD card?

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions:

Is it possible to tell what game a burned Wii DVD is if I didnt write on the DVD what it was without extracting its ISO?

Is there anyway to load games onto the USB HDD with WBFS Manager from the drive without making an ISO of them then transferring?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Angelus3K said:
2 questions:

Is it possible to tell what game a burned Wii DVD is if I didnt write on the DVD what it was without extracting its ISO?

Is there anyway to load games onto the USB HDD with WBFS Manager from the drive without making an ISO of them then transferring?
1. I think the backup launcher mentions what game it's loading before loading it.
2. Nope.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
George290506 said:
My WII has the 3.2E firmware (HBC installed).

Do you recommend me to update to 4.0 (waninkoko update...)?
Will Nintendo be able to update my WII without knowing it?

Thank you.

No, they will never be able to update your Wii without you knowing it.

D

Deleted User

They changed the policy only, not the works of it.

YOUR SYSTEM WILL NOT BE AUTO-UPDATED. IT'S JUST THE POLICY

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
OK afif95. Thank you, too. At least I will not worry about it...
smile.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Am i right in thinking that 4.0 only offers the sdhc support for wad files (ie vc & wiiware) and nothing else?

If thats the case ill stick with 3.2 & starfall

paul

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I hope you understand that it's difficult to read through 125 pages of posts.

I'm running 3.3U (not sure which version...), I have the Homebrew Channel installed (v1.0.1). I have a D2PRO9 installed, but I recently discovered the USB Loader (as in, yesterday) and found out that many games run significantly smoother off of a hard drive. I was considering installing the preloader, both for brick-protection and for the simple feature of booting to the Homebrew channel first, since I'll be using the USB Loader primarily. I had two questions about it. First, with the latest version (.29) do I need to downgrade my Wii before I install it? Second, if I do, how do I go about doing that? Last, if I wanted to reverse the changes, how would I go about that, and would all my settings and IOS installations (I think I only installed 55 and the latest 36) be preserved?

An unrelated question, is Waninkoko's 4.0 safe to install? (Edit: I know this was asked, but I didn't see an answer)

Thanks in advance.

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just 3 question guys, i have a pal system, if i put some ntsc games on my HDD and use the Waninkoko's 1.4 loader will it try to install any updates?
2 - will it work or do i have to change some settings like tv mode or so?
3 - where do i have to put the png files so it shows me the game cover on the loader?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy