Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this was answered somewhere else (or is just too obvious to need to be said anywhere, I haven't a usb hard drive yet so I don't know anything more than what I read in posts so far), but I couldn't find this in any other topics. Can you also use the same usb hard drive you use for putting wii isos on, to put video files on? (To be used in mplayer/another wii video player, not a computer) If so, how do you put them on? From what I read, you need to reformat the hard drive using a different type of filesystem that won't let windows recognize it anymore, so how would you go about placing the videos on the hard drive? Thanks for your time.

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can use waninkoko 1.3 version of the usb loader but can't get working any of the others, this is odd.. any clue of what can i be doing wrong? else, is it true that we can only dump dvds to hdd no larger than 512mb? (once again using the waninkoko's usb loader 1.3)

thank you all for helping the n00bs.
wink.gif

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ripper said:
what do you mean by activate the hacks? this is the screen

autoboot: disabled
Return to: preloader
Shutdown to: off
Stop disc: off
Show beta updates: off
Light slot on error: off
Ignore standby settings: off
system menu IOS: 60

what should i put here? i only want to see preloader if a "have" to, i want my wii to run on boot to the system menu as it happens now. can you halp me please?

change the auto boot to system menu...
then it will load straight to system !
you can still access preloader is you turn on your wii and hold the reset button

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ripper said:
i can use waninkoko 1.3 version of the usb loader but can't get working any of the others, this is odd.. any clue of what can i be doing wrong? else, is it true that we can only dump dvds to hdd no larger than 512mb? (once again using the waninkoko's usb loader 1.3)

thank you all for helping the n00bs.
wink.gif

not too sure about 1.3 because im still on 1.2...
but size really doesnt matter. You can dump any size games onto hdd

did you have cios rev 10 installed before? i heard that there were some bugs with rev 10 and usb loader 1.2...
everything is fixed in 1.3 though... thats why he came out with it so soon... bug fixes i believe

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing is that now the usb loader 1.3 (with rev10) stoppped working for me! a few hours ago i played using it and now it doesn't even recognize the drive, it gives me a -1 error and says to press a button to the restart the wii..
this is getting really odd. have this happened to any of you? btw, i used the WBFS 2.1 to put a game on the drive..

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
turok4n64 said:
Quick questions...what exactly is Ocarina?
An app to use cheats on wii games

@the ripper:the loader is still a bit buggy, that happens sometimes. There is another sticky on the usb loader
And the other question: the usb loader itself cannot rip games to a hdd larger than 512GB

ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thatotherdev.com
XP
Country
Canada
How fast does the USB loader load data in comparison to loading data off of burnt backup copies of DVDs. Is it faster or slower? If faster does it reach or possible exceed the speed at which data is read from regular non backup copies of disc based Wii games? Does the USB launcher have problems with any games which work fine with the current version of WiiGators regular backup launcher?

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive installed all of the cIOS that came with cIOScorp from the softmii package. Ive now noticed that the miiwii package includes cIOScorp 2 so i assume is better/ gives better compatability that cIOScorp 1. my question is, would i be able to install cIOScorp2 and therefore overwrite all the cIOScorp 1 cIOS's with the new ones and my wii would be ok? or would i have to remove the old ones first?

thanks.

dmbardal

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I'm placing this question here as I cant see anywhere else to put it really.

I've been messing around with my Wii all day to downgrade it from 4.0E to 3.3E,
and I finally managed to do it (why I wanted to do it? to install .wad's).

I now got alot of .wad's on my hands, and some work.
Example: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong (and some more).
But for some reason I cant seem to install games like Aladdin and Lion King (many more as well tho).
They do get installed, but at the Wii Channel-choosing, only the title is 'Aladdin' and 'Lion King' etc.
the game itself is Donkey Kong Country 2 when I start it (only the title is correct, but the game and screen etc is Donkey Kong Country 2).

Anyone know what does this?
I've tried to use Wad Manager 1.0, 1.1 and 1.3, same result.
Also tried to uninstall all games, then hard-restarting, then installing only one game (tried with several games.)
Same result.

Anyone seen this at all?

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to load the disc channel without the wiimote? I left my wiimote at home and I have a GCN controller with me and can access the homebrew channel with it.

yduncan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm new here but hopefully can help with some answers and maybe get some of my own.

dmbardal, make sure that you are using wads that are from your region. E I beleive is PAL.

I have a question of my own. I have recently updated to 4.0 through Nintendo and can still install wads through the HBC but can't play them with the SD channel. I'm wondering if I install cIOS 60 wad with wad manager 1.3 will I brick it? Or should I downgrade and use waninkoko's updater?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am behind the times with WADs in general, just never bothered with them. I finally decided to get a few game WAD files but am wondering how much internal memory the Wii has. I remember seeing posts of people that went over and it did screwy things to their Wii... OR, can i run WADs off of my SD card or USB drive now?

TLDR - how much memory is in the Wii for me to dump WADs into?

Gazdaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey all. Looking for some guidance. I have 3.2 Wii with wiikey1. (Pal)
Have installed cios rev9 and all ios...36,37,38,53,55 .HBC etc
All my games work fine via USB Channel 1.4

Problem: I have a NTSC version of Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and on the disc channel it says "System Update"
Not sure what i should do to get it to work?
Ive no room on my USB to load it to and try so any help to get the disc to work would be great

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Hyroero said:
Can you run preloader on 3.1e or do i have to update?

Other then that can you even brick your wii if you don't install WADS?
1. You can but I would recommend using any region changer to upgrade to 3.2. 3.1 is really outdated
2. Depends on what you are doing. Always search around before installing something that could possibly be dangerous.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ell2Cool said:
ive installed all of the cIOS that came with cIOScorp from the softmii package. Ive now noticed that the miiwii package includes cIOScorp 2 so i assume is better/ gives better compatability that cIOScorp 1. my question is, would i be able to install cIOScorp2 and therefore overwrite all the cIOScorp 1 cIOS's with the new ones and my wii would be ok? or would i have to remove the old ones first?

thanks.
cIOS will always overwrite older versions, so there's no problem running cIOSCorp v2

dmbardal said:
Hi, I'm placing this question here as I cant see anywhere else to put it really.

I've been messing around with my Wii all day to downgrade it from 4.0E to 3.3E,
and I finally managed to do it (why I wanted to do it? to install .wad's).

I now got alot of .wad's on my hands, and some work.
Example: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong (and some more).
But for some reason I cant seem to install games like Aladdin and Lion King (many more as well tho).
They do get installed, but at the Wii Channel-choosing, only the title is 'Aladdin' and 'Lion King' etc.
the game itself is Donkey Kong Country 2 when I start it (only the title is correct, but the game and screen etc is Donkey Kong Country 2).

Anyone know what does this?
I've tried to use Wad Manager 1.0, 1.1 and 1.3, same result.
Also tried to uninstall all games, then hard-restarting, then installing only one game (tried with several games.)
Same result.

Anyone seen this at all?
Those wads are most likely injected into the Donkey Kong country wad. This means that its basically the DKC channel, only it emulates another rom (Virtual console is no more than an emulator). The injecting technique is used when nintendo hasn't released a game for the virtual console. Nothing to do about.

john.jingle said:
Is there a way to load the disc channel without the wiimote? I left my wiimote at home and I have a GCN controller with me and can access the homebrew channel with it.
If you have the recovery menu (hold y on first gc controller when the wii boots).

yduncan said:
I'm new here but hopefully can help with some answers and maybe get some of my own.

dmbardal, make sure that you are using wads that are from your region. E I beleive is PAL. nice try, but wrong region wads will show a black screen
wink.gif

I have a question of my own. I have recently updated to 4.0 through Nintendo and can still install wads through the HBC but can't play them with the SD channel. I'm wondering if I install cIOS 60 wad with wad manager 1.3 will I brick it? Or should I downgrade and use waninkoko's updater?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
try running the IOS downgrader first

Posts merged

Midnightzak said:
I am behind the times with WADs in general, just never bothered with them. I finally decided to get a few game WAD files but am wondering how much internal memory the Wii has. I remember seeing posts of people that went over and it did screwy things to their Wii... OR, can i run WADs off of my SD card or USB drive now?

TLDR - how much memory is in the Wii for me to dump WADs into?
The problem with the wad manager is that it installs a wad, even if there is no space left. If you get to the point where there is totally no space left, the wii will take you to the data management, and you can't leave before you have deleted something for free space. Thats all. In the data management, you can see how many block are free on the wii NAND.
Loading wads from SD is only possible with the waninkoko update to 4.0

QUOTE(Gazdaman @ Apr 13 2009, 09:16 AM)
Hey all. Looking for some guidance. I have 3.2 Wii with wiikey1. (Pal)
Have installed cios rev9 and all ios...36,37,38,53,55 .HBC etc
All my games work fine via USB Channel 1.4

Problem: I have a NTSC version of Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and on the disc channel it says "System Update"
Not sure what i should do to get it to work?
Ive no room on my USB to load it to and try so any help to get the disc to work would be great
Install starfall and enable the 'block disc update' hack. (Preloader can also do this)

QUOTE(Hyroero @ Apr 13 2009, 09:28 AM)
Can you run preloader on 3.1e or do i have to update?

Other then that can you even brick your wii if you don't install WADS?
You can run preloader on 3.1, but there are no hacks for that version. Only 3.2 or 4.0

Yes, by deleting too much IOS, by doing an update of the wrong region, and more. Search the forums to find them all smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q