Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering what is the prerequisite of wiiload, I cant seem to use it at all. always error at receiving applications.

ryazaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be terrible at finding the answers on this forum...
How do I get virtual console or wiiware games to load off an SD card? Thanks in advance, I suppose.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ryazaki said:
I must be terrible at finding the answers on this forum...
How do I get virtual console or wiiware games to load off an SD card? Thanks in advance, I suppose.

I'm assuming you already have 4.0U. In which case, all you have to do is go to the Data Management, Channels, and click on the channel. Click on "Move", and it should be placed on the SD card.

Alternatively, you could erase your games, and download them straight to your SD Card via Shop Channel.

Also, I may be wrong, but you can only load off legal games from your SD Card. I tried using one of my Gamma Channels, and it didn't work.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with a backup version of a PAL Madworld game.
I've loaded it from the Backup launcher Gamma 002 fix and Forced NTSC, which doesn't help. I read a couple of topics where it says that I need to install IOS (33, 53, 58)? but how do I know if I have these IOS already installed? Is there a certain app that lets me know what IOS I have in my hacked Wii? My Wii version is 4.0U so I should have these IOS installed right?

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
john.jingle said:
I'm having trouble with a backup version of a PAL Madworld game.
I've loaded it from the Backup launcher Gamma 002 fix and Forced NTSC, which doesn't help. I read a couple of topics where it says that I need to install IOS (33, 53, 58)? but how do I know if I have these IOS already installed? Is there a certain app that lets me know what IOS I have in my hacked Wii? My Wii version is 4.0U so I should have these IOS installed right?

you could use anytitledeleter (google it) to look this up (just DONT delete anything, just look at instralled IOS's)

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is running firmware 4.0. I have a 500gb external USB hard drive, an SD card, and a real copy of Twilight Princess. How do I set up the USBLoader using the latest methods? Do I need to downgrade the firmware (hopefully no), and if so, how?

the ripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using waninkoko's usb loader 1.4, got some of those boxart images and put them on a folder on the root of my sd card. the path is something like G:\usb-loader\covers
but when i'm on the loader no images appear.. what is wrong?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zippy said:
My Wii is running firmware 4.0. I have a 500gb external USB hard drive, an SD card, and a real copy of Twilight Princess. How do I set up the USBLoader using the latest methods? Do I need to downgrade the firmware (hopefully no), and if so, how?

Do you have the homebrew channel installed already? If not, unfortunately there's nothing you can do right now. You need to wait until someone comes up with a hack for 4.0. As of right now there's no way to install the homebrew channel on firmware 4.0.

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii System Settings screen says 4.0U, and the homebrew channel is not yet installed. : ( Where should I watch for progress on this?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here and WiiBrew.org, mostly.

Another question from me, is it not possible to install DVDX if I have Waninkoko's 4.0 installed already? I see that there's no installer for 4.0, only for 3.3 and 3.4. Would I need to downgrade if I wanted to do this?

My other questions still stand... where can I get a good hack.ini for v.29 of Preloader? The one that came with it only adds skipping the health warning. And once I add them, how can I remove the hacks? And how would I get rid of preloader, or even downgrade from 4.0 back to 3.2 or something?

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[x] US NTSC Wii 3.2U
[x] Homebrew Channel
[x] Rev 10 Successful install / tried rev9 same situation.
[x] USB Loader 1.4 (ultimate)
[x] HDD Recognized with all games.
[x] Using DOS based WBFS to add games
[x] HDD Formatted to FAT32, tried NTFS- same situation.

I've tried 12+ Games, PAL and NTSC alike. The only title working is MadWorld (ntsc) . I hit the A button, game begins to load, then a black screen occurs, then after about, 15 seconds I get
"An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc". I originally thought it was because of my DVD Drive being busted. but like I said, Madworld runs like charm. I've tried older games and newer titles alike, they all end up going to the eject disk screen.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to modify my Wii to run autoboot discs without installing a mod chip so that if it gets banner bricked, I can unbrick it using the TH?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raptir said:
Is there a hack remover for Preloader v.29 yet? And can someone link me to that?

the hacks.ini is installed in a different directory of the nand now so you got to wait till someone decides to make one.

GameGeek said:
Is it possible to modify my Wii to run autoboot discs without installing a mod chip so that if it gets banner bricked, I can unbrick it using the TH?

Go into the wii recovery mode ( holding all gc control pad buttons down when you start the wii ) and then put in a game that has a full wii update ( mario kart, mad world, SSBB etc... )

QUOTE(raptir @ Apr 14 2009, 03:06 PM)
My other questions still stand... where can I get a good hack.ini for v.29 of Preloader? The one that came with it only adds skipping the health warning. And once I add them, how can I remove the hacks? And how would I get rid of preloader, or even downgrade from 4.0 back to 3.2 or something?

Theres a preloader 0.29 hacks thread in this section somewhere. Preloader is gone once you reinstall the system menu but the hacks.ini file will still stay in your nand as mentioned above.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I take it that I could use a hack remover after I've already gotten rid of Preloader once one is made?

Also, if I enable a hack, reboot, then disable a hack through the Preloader menu by having hacks.ini still on my SD card, will that remove it from the NAND or just disable it temporarily?

And two quick questions about Waninkoko's stuff. First, if I've already installed cIOS rev10, should it still go through the complete install process when I run it again? I just want to make sure that's not a sign that I don't have it installed correctly. Second, is there a way to install WADs directly to the SD card with the WAD manager? Or do you have to install them and then copy them over every time?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I'm also having some trouble with DVDx. I installed it, it said it went fine, but DVDs wouldn't play. I tried downgrading, but it still didn't work. How do I use the PatchMii method? I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that I have a modchip...

PopSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PopSmith said:
raptir said:
@PopSmith: Yeah, it takes a long time to rip from the disc itself as of V1.4 of the USBLoader.

That's what I was afraid of...

However, I found out via WBFS Manager that it appears you can load games from your PC if they are on it. I will have to try that and report back.

Just an update, I got Wario: Shake It! (NTSC) to boot. I haven't played it yet but it boots into the menu. I also did We Ski & Snowboard and it works very well. I used WBFS Manager to copy the files from two different ISOs (one for each game) to my WBFS formatted USB thumb drive.
grog.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
raptir said:
Alright, I take it that I could use a hack remover after I've already gotten rid of Preloader once one is made?

Also, if I enable a hack, reboot, then disable a hack through the Preloader menu by having hacks.ini still on my SD card, will that remove it from the NAND or just disable it temporarily?

And two quick questions about Waninkoko's stuff. First, if I've already installed cIOS rev10, should it still go through the complete install process when I run it again? I just want to make sure that's not a sign that I don't have it installed correctly. Second, is there a way to install WADs directly to the SD card with the WAD manager? Or do you have to install them and then copy them over every time?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I'm also having some trouble with DVDx. I installed it, it said it went fine, but DVDs wouldn't play. I tried downgrading, but it still didn't work. How do I use the PatchMii method? I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that I have a modchip...

Once you install the hacks and click save settings, i dont believe there is a way to remove the hacks.ini file. You can disable but itll still be there.

Well if you ran IOS Downgrader to install preloader, then install cios rev 10 again.

U have to copy over everytime. Put all .wads in WAD and install whatever etc....

NOt really familiar with dvdx but i think you have to install it too the IOS your using. Read up on it a bit more or get someone else to help u with that one.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll hope for replies there.

One last thing, is there a precompiled Patchmii somewhere? I can only find the source...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough