Hacking Nintendont

IAintTellinUMyName

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Thing was, the adapter did have instructions, but it never told me that the (-) button could do that, and I've been using it for almost a year. What the hell, man?

I sometimes press the start button too quick without holding it (Home) or double tap it (start).

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The naming is the bigger issue really. Seeing multiple titles from the same series using different naming schemes, or some obeying certain regional variations while not recognising others etc. Whenever I reset my USB Loader setting I have to fix a lot of game names.

Hi sj, I'm correcting some titles on gametdb. If you send a list of the correct titles for those japanese games (along with their IDs) I can edit them.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Thing was, the adapter did have instructions, but it never told me that the (-) button could do that, and I've been using it for almost a year. What the hell, man?

I sometimes press the start button too quick without holding it (Home) or double tap it (start).

This was on the back of the box
201301241536418000.jpg

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Thing was, the adapter did have instructions, but it never told me that the (-) button could do that...
Using the minus button for that is a feature of Nintendont which is included in the documentation for Nintendont. It's a necessary feature, since the A, B, X, and Y buttons on a Classic Controller don't have the same positions as on a Gamecube controller. So one layout keeps the literal mapping (A is A, X is X) of the GC, which is correct for adaptors and replicas and keeps the original game instructions accurate on Classic controls. The other setting approximates the original positional mapping (B is A, etc.) so that the buttons on the Classic will feel like they're in the right place to someone who's used to a Cube controller.

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you wanna use the gci file you need to transfer it to a raw file, but the first method should work fine, you must have forgotten to enable EmuMC in Nintendont or forgot to set it to "multi" you have to have both be anabled and have the ninmem.raw file in a folder named "save" the root where the isos is located.

Never mind, i was able to do it with the Method of dolphin, Full backup, play the game once, and transfer the save data, but thanks fer yer help.

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got the last triforce game working, that one took me some time again because of the complicated 2 player controls.
-fixed up the triforce game virtua striker 4 so it should boot and also added basic controls code for it
-small changes and bugfixes

Reactions: bm123456

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got the last triforce game working, that one took me some time again because of the complicated 2 player controls.
-fixed up the triforce game virtua striker 4 so it should boot and also added basic controls code for it
Happy new year!
What bugs did you fix?

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I already took a look at it and see mainly code for the triforce stuff added/changed. Also he added some PAD related assembler code, which is according to his post mostly also related to VS. So on first sight, I don't see the bugfixes, i.e. it is diffecult to see what code change is not triforce related. Therefore I asked him what bugfixes he made.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh so good. Our 95% compatibility is slowly catching up to Devolution:yay:

Edit: Shawshank I'm confused about your notes in SRS on the compatibility list. Either the game doesn't boot or the game freezes. What is blocked?

Reactions: VinsCool

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so good. Our 95% compatibility is slowly catching up to Devolution:yay:

Edit: Shawshank I'm confused about your notes in SRS on the compatibility list. Either the game doesn't boot or the game freezes. What is blocked?
I imagine it's better than 95% already, but testing and confirming everything is a really big job...

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I prefer Virtua Striker 2002 better since I can set the matches to last longer, it saves your progress, supports multiplayer, and of course because it has a team dedicated to Sonic characters, but it's nice to know the last Triforce game is being supported, only thing's left is save feature for both Mario games and Quadforce will officially be out of business.

Dreamcast controller confirmed? :D
Oh that would be awesome, VMU screen <3 actually I'd pay good money for Dreamcast games support, but this is physically impossible :P

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that would be awesome, VMU screen <3 actually I'd pay good money for Dreamcast games support, but this is physically impossible :P

Ya, VMU programming just isn't there. As far as I can tell, the Dreamcast controller would be compatible with any game that doesn't rely heavily on the C stick. And for games that do, someone could try to write an ini for it so the L bumper switches the Analog stick to C.

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome news. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.