Hacking Nintendont

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
Image 1 (Dolphin on my android tablet at 1080p)

Vs

Image 2 (Native Gamecube on the Wii U Gamepad)

Anyway to make the gamepad image as good as the other pic? Or slightly better? Why does it look like that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-22-08-51-01-537_org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-22-08-51-01-537_org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 1713764496239.jpg
    1713764496239.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Image 1 (Dolphin on my android tablet at 1080p)

Vs

Image 2 (Native Gamecube on the Wii U Gamepad)

Anyway to make the gamepad image as good as the other pic? Or slightly better? Why does it look like that?
gc runs at 480p max on wii/wiiu there is no way to make it 1080p...

also dolphin is an emulator so it does a lot of image quality buffs you cant do on real hardware.

XenoFredo

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendont sometimes freezes the console completely (to the point I have to pull the plug) on startup from the Wii U menu (forwarder, either Nintendont itself or the game injects), usually the first time I boot it up after turning on the console. Then after rebooting it usually always boots up and works fine. Sometimes it will boot and I'll have weird artefacts instead of legible text in the Nintendont menu.

Could you please help me identify what may be causing this? I'm using the latest version of Nintendont. I'm currently on Tiramisu but planning to switch to Aroma. Maybe that will fix this problem?

Edit: For those who are interested and ran into similar issues, I managed to fix all black screen and freezing issues by using this version of Nintendon't. It shows the whole loading process when you launch an injected game, and though it is a bit slower, at least it never freezes: Google Nintendont-CrisMMMod and download it from Github.

Last edited by XenoFredo,

snoozbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I have a problem with USBL GX and Nintendont I haven't been able to find an answer to. I could have sworn I once saw someone else with the same issue when I was looking into vWii forwarding, but now that I actually have the issue I can't find anyone talking about it. Anyway, I digress...

I used TeconMoon's Wii VC injector to inject a USBL GX forwarder dol (which I got by extracting it from the the vWii forwarder wad in Github using CustomizeMii) using the homebrew injection mode. This works almost perfectly - I can launch USBL GX with gamepad support, all GC games show up, etc. The problem is that when I go to actually launch a GC game it just launches the main nintendont menu and doesn't autoboot the game. If I open the Nintendont settings at that point, all settings are set to "off", and even if I change a few of them inside nintendont (eg setting autoboot on and wiiu widescreen on), then launch a game, the settings are gone when I return to nintendont via the same path next time.

Autobooting GC games via Nintendont works fine if I enter USBL GX from the system menu, or even via a vWii forwarder made with boot2vwii. In that scenario selecting a GC game starts it up normally.

What is up with VC inject mode that's causing the nintendont settings not to be passed on correctly? Has anyone seen this before or knows how to fix it? if the USBL GX forwarding to nintendont isn't working in VC inject mode I might as well just make a nintendont VC inject instead, but I really like the USBLGX UI and would prefer to use it.

Also, my understanding is that the only way to get gamepad support on vWii NAND titles is with a VC NAND inject forcing classic controller emulation, right? I thought I read once in some thread that VC injecting USBLGX would allow launching NAND titles with gamepad support but everything I've seen since says that's not possible without further cIOS work since the cIOSes that allow both to function are conflicting. Just wanted to make sure that's still the case.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know why after changing the Nintendont settings file my GameCube controllers don't work anymore?

I'm using injects and it was working but then I tried to change some video settings and then my controller does nothing in games. It works if I launch Nintendont from the Wii u menu, inside the launcher. But not from my injects

Anyone any ideas what would do this?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone know why after changing the Nintendont settings file my GameCube controllers don't work anymore?

I'm using injects and it was working but then I tried to change some video settings and then my controller does nothing in games. It works if I launch Nintendont from the Wii u menu, inside the launcher. But not from my injects

Anyone any ideas what would do this?
probably changed settings like wiiu gamepad slot or max controllers or whatever by accident

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
depends do you want to use it? if you want to use it in first player you choose 1 if you want to use as second player you choose 2, if you dont want to use it you choose 0.
so I put an iso on my sd card and loaded a game through nintendont launcher, works fine, its just my injects seem to have broken... any idea what thats about?. I did try to update nintendo though the launcher and it crashed, deleted nintendont its self which i had to manully put back on but i aint sure if it deleted anything else

EDIT: so after some messing round, ive found that if i select TV mode or gamepad only mode by using the + button on a wiimote to effectivly run in vwii mode exclusively, the pads work again, but not when i select use the wii u gamepad, this worked before so i aint sure whats gone wrong, Having the use the wiimote is a bit troublesome, since loss of home menu button, and having to use twice as many batteries for the wavebird and wiimote now

Last edited by linkinworm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good afternoon