• Loadiine(4)for5.0.0and5.1.0.rar
    51.4 KB · Views: 5,623
Last edited by NSixtyNine,

robcrazee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im on 5.1.0e and many thanks for doing this (was holding back updating)

but i will put my tin hat on now...........

Does this need to be hosted or could i use one of the links for the 5.3.2 hacks to install this (kxeploit)? or has someone already hosted this so it can be launched by the wii u browser

Last edited by robcrazee,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
next release of loadiine will be even easier to port.
no different kernel or loadiine builds to use, all compatibility will be values to set in the sources and build a single elf file.
one loadiine for all console versions.

But thanks for working and providing these builds, it's nice to have "old" (not yet, but will be) version ported too :)
some users might prefer using old version (different compatibility, or things I don't know why)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wasting 23GB for NES remix?
a new format will be better (like wbfs for wii)
someone even suggested zipping without compression the extracted files. so it's one split zip for SD card instead of thousands or small files.
but it will require an additional layer between each file read request and file access on SD, simple path redirect will not work anymore, it might slow the loading speed.

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks!
Good job.
Works fine on 5.0.0 FW.
Just the kernel loading is a disaster, like the first CFW on 3DS...
(10-15x Race attack failed)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Thats what I meant lol. No one in their right mind would want 23gb game files on their HDD's.

Why not? If USB access was done via ISOU and a supported 5TB drive was compatibly for example, then having 20Gb + files wouldn't be a major issue IMO.

The WiiU title(s) current catalogue is not that big and only a handful of decent titles are currently worth playing, due to shovel-ware crap already.

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wux is nice but still taking more space than necessary.
It compresses only the unused data and keep the game's data uncompressed for direct access without decompressing. but there are still 1GB of unneeded (compressed) data which could be used for something else on the SD (or any device).
that's a good format if you want to archive them
it's a compromise between lossless and efficiency.

It could be used as is by a loader, but it will require two things :
a layer to access the file (for each file : decrypt the disc, find if present, find location and point to its sector ... and the game expect the file to be decrypted. emulator can do it, I don't know if the loader can on the fly for big files), and a way to load updates if there's no way to read them from the console automatically, which means either reading the updates from a different folder or repacking the updates in the same way than wud single file to prevent having tons of files again.

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got Yoshi's Woolly World working with this version of loadiine?
I've tried different releases/sd cards but still get a 160-2203 error when the game starts. According to the loadiine compatibility list the game should be playable.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wux is nice but still taking more space than necessary.
It compresses only the unused data and keep the game's data uncompressed for direct access without decompressing. but there are still 1GB of unneeded (compressed) data which could be used for something else on the SD (or any device).
that's a good format if you want to archive them
it's a compromise between lossless and efficiency.

It could be used as is by a loader, but it will require two things :
a layer to access the file (for each file : decrypt the disc, find if present, find location and point to its sector ... and the game expect the file to be decrypted. emulator can do it, I don't know if the loader can on the fly for big files), and a way to load updates if there's no way to read them from the console automatically, which means either reading the updates from a different folder or repacking the updates in the same way than wud single file to prevent having tons of files again.
It depends on the game really, how far wux will compress it, but everything I've compressed so far is only wasting like 200mb.

b9377a1cc9.png

NeKit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anyone got Yoshi's Woolly World working with this version of loadiine?
I've tried different releases/sd cards but still get a 160-2203 error when the game starts. According to the loadiine compatibility list the game should be playable.
I'm not sure if this is the case, but any game out post 5.1.0 firmware may not work if it requires functions from newer system libraries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-