Emulation Best way to play every possible N64 game on wiiu

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys,

Does anyone have some tips for me on how to get Perfect Dark working great with 4 players? I am using the overclock function and the newest version of NOT64 (20231102), but the music is playing slow in multiplayer and there are a lot of glitches while playing a game with 4. It seems that Wii64 Rice is a better option, but it's not perfect either.
Hope someone can give me some feedback.
Should I be using an older version of NOT64?
configure the ini of the wii 64 rice 1.3 of the game's graphics with notepad++, every game you run there and it doesn't have the ini configured, will appear in the last row of the list, configure it to have a better game graphics or even even fix many bugs.

find the perfect dark ini there in the file (RICEVIDEOLINUX.INI) there may be several perfect dark there, because of the version, yours will probably be if you don't have an ini configured, it will be there at the end of the list, or close together with the games you played recent that does not have ini configured yet,
then the name of the game will appear with the id above example.

{xxx212054xfdfdcdf}
Name=Perfect Dark

Add below the name, the configurations look like this:

{xxx212054xfdfdcdf}
Name=Perfect Dark
AccurateTextureMapping=1
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=2
RenderToTexture=4
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

you save.
Remember that the id I gave above {xxx212054xfdfdcdf} of the game is just an example and yours may be different depending on the version.

Reactions: L0w

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm I Am still on Wii64 1.2 and Rice 1.2 as channels (not forwarders). Do the 1.3 versions have better comptability and performance so that I should really make the upgrades?

Update: I did update to version 1.3. but what the h... has happened to the sound in some games? I did test Perfect Dark and Goldeneye X with Wii64 Rice, playing multiplayer, but the sound is awful. I think I'll go back to version 1.2, these were doing great as far as I know.
Didn't notice any other differences between the 1.2 and 1.3 versions yet.

BTW: The Wii U Pro controllers work great in NOT64. So no gamepad support (yet), but still no need to get that (stupid) sensor bar out of the closet ;-)

Last edited by L0w,

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
configure the ini of the wii 64 rice 1.3 of the game's graphics with notepad++, every game you run there and it doesn't have the ini configured, will appear in the last row of the list, configure it to have a better game graphics or even even fix many bugs.

find the perfect dark ini there in the file (RICEVIDEOLINUX.INI) there may be several perfect dark there, because of the version, yours will probably be if you don't have an ini configured, it will be there at the end of the list, or close together with the games you played recent that does not have ini configured yet,
then the name of the game will appear with the id above example.

{xxx212054xfdfdcdf}
Name=Perfect Dark

Add below the name, the configurations look like this:

{xxx212054xfdfdcdf}
Name=Perfect Dark
AccurateTextureMapping=1
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=2
RenderToTexture=4
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

you save.
Remember that the id I gave above {xxx212054xfdfdcdf} of the game is just an example and yours may be different depending on the version.

Thank you for the updated settings. I have implemented them in Wii64 Rice, it was quite easy with notepad++.
But now player 3 and 4 get a total messed up screen in the game, it flashes and looks horrible. Player 1 and 2 have perfect screens though, that's odd. I was playing combat simulator in the Complex.
Is there anything I can do about this?

I have tried to fix the sound with the fix I have found in the NOT64 thread (changing limitvis to 0), but this doesn't fix the sound on multiplayer either... The sound in the game itself seems fine.

Any more advice? :shy:

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for the updated settings. I have implemented them in Wii64 Rice, it was quite easy with notepad++.
But now player 3 and 4 get a total messed up screen in the game, it flashes and looks horrible. Player 1 and 2 have perfect screens though, that's odd. I was playing combat simulator in the Complex.
Is there anything I can do about this?

I have tried to fix the sound with the fix I have found in the NOT64 thread (changing limitvis to 0), but this doesn't fix the sound on multiplayer either... The sound in the game itself seems fine.

Any more advice? :shy:

I'll check if this blinking on the screen is a lack of blender
could be a solution

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll check if this blinking on the screen is a lack of blender
could be a solution
I am not sure how to change this. Is there anything possible?
Anyway, I did fix the sound by setting the CPU clock devider to 2 instead of 1. I think this will cost some performance with overclocking, but the glitchy sound is more annoying imo.

Another question:
Did anyone get the wii vc games into widescreen including deleting the dark filter? If so, is there an easy tutorial somewhere on how to do this?
I wonder what would be better: playing these N64 VC games as installed (including a widescreen hack if possible) or playing them via an emulator (due to the input lag)...

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyway, I did fix the sound by setting the CPU clock devider to 2 instead of 1. I think this will cost some performance with overclocking, but the glitchy sound is more annoying imo.

Another question:
Did anyone get the wii vc games into widescreen including deleting the dark filter? If so, is there an easy tutorial somewhere on how to do this?
I wonder what would be better: playing these N64 VC games as installed (including a widescreen hack if possible) or playing them via an emulator (due to the input lag)...
the installed ones are also emulated... the input lags arent different lol, hack wii emulators probably have less input lag then wiiu emulators on wiivc.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the installed ones are also emulated... the input lags arent different lol, hack wii emulators probably have less input lag then wiiu emulators on wiivc.

Thanks for your answer, that makes sense. So it shouldn't make a difference if I play them in Wii64.
The VC titles have no widescreen and the black filter is still on them. I just can't figure out how to fix that on the N64 VC games.
Is there a tutorial available to get this done?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your answer, that makes sense. So it shouldn't make a difference if I play them in Wii64.
The VC titles have no widescreen and the black filter is still on them. I just can't figure out how to fix that on the N64 VC games.
Is there a tutorial available to get this done?
there was a tutorial somewhere here on gbatemp search for dark filter on wiiu section and should work also inject tools can also do that so if you unpack an official inject and remake it on the inject tools without dark filter and with widescreen, i know i did that long ago with dk64 one.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there was a tutorial somewhere here on gbatemp search for dark filter on wiiu section and should work also inject tools can also do that so if you unpack an official inject and remake it on the inject tools without dark filter and with widescreen, i know i did that long ago with dk64 one.
Thanks for your help! I did find the tutorial, but it doesn't mention how to unpack an official inject.
Do you know how I can unpack an official inject?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your help! I did find the tutorial, but it doesn't mention how to unpack an official inject.
Do you know how I can unpack an official inject?
when downloading them with wiiu usbhelper there is an extracted oir unpack tool there if i recall

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when downloading them with wiiu usbhelper there is an extracted oir unpack tool there if i recall
Thanks, you're totally right (extract Loadiine).
But now the hardest part... How do I get the files back into WUP installable files?

Edit:
Found an interesting tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-fixed-n64-games-without-dark-filter-on-wii-u-tutorial.526283/
Will try it as soon as I have more time. Sounds really nice to have widescreen and get rid of the filter.
If everything goes well, I'll report again here.

Thanks again for your help @pedro702

Last edited by L0w,

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks, you're totally right (extract Loadiine).
But now the hardest part... How do I get the files back into WUP installable files?

Edit:
Found an interesting tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-fixed-n64-games-without-dark-filter-on-wii-u-tutorial.526283/
Will try it as soon as I have more time. Sounds really nice to have widescreen and get rid of the filter.
If everything goes well, I'll report again here.

Thanks again for your help @pedro702
no problem, we are here all to help each other if you have any questions about getting so more n64 games working on wiiu let m know, some you cant get working but most of them there is a way due to multiple emulatores available on vwii and wiiu.

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something I've noticed, there's a number of PAL N64 ROMS which run better. Daikatana on Wii64 Rice is an example. Duke Nukem Zero Hour with the music turned off is another.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Something I've noticed, there's a number of PAL N64 ROMS which run better. Daikatana on Wii64 Rice is an example. Duke Nukem Zero Hour with the music turned off is another.
pal games only need 50hz to run ntsc games need 60hz so they are a tiny bit more demanding to emulate so yeah they can run better but at 50hz

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pal games only need 50hz to run ntsc games need 60hz so they are a tiny bit more demanding to emulate so yeah they can run better but at 50hz
The South Park FPS game is another example.

These PAL versions are criticised for being a one sixth slowed down version of the NTSC game, however, I've not found that with the ones I've looked at. South Park PAL seems to be designed to target 25 FPS and stays there.

Last edited by HandsomeJack,

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no problem, we are here all to help each other if you have any questions about getting so more n64 games working on wiiu let m know, some you cant get working but most of them there is a way due to multiple emulatores available on vwii and wiiu.

I did get all my games in widescreen and without the dark filter now, using the tutorial I have sent before. This is really great. I can only recommend doing te same. Damn, the Wii U gamepad is so nice for this, playing full screen games B-)

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Another question:
Yes friend, you can change the configuration by adding the game's ini. You can notice that in the initial config, which is looking at other games' inis, you find the alpha blender there, which is the same one used for conker to work without the objects becoming transparent.

you can leave the injects or the official N64 VC in widescreen without dark filter use:

1 CDescrypt or usb helper to extract the game to loadiine and add the file that I sent now to replace it with the other one inside the N64 virtual console game folder (Frame buffer layout) place it inside the content folder of the N64 virtual console game now use the program called nusconverter put the wiiu comoon key in it to make it work and find the folder of your game, select the game folder and put it in convert it will start converting and you will see a folder next to the game with the same name so that at the end it will be (decrypted) now take this folder and install it on your wiiu on your usb which is the game in widescreen without dark filter.

as outras ferramentas esta no meu canal na costv nesse videos aonde ensino a converter jogos loadiine para wup installer esse método vai servir no N64 virtual console:

https://cos.tv/videos/play/43929957300473856

Attachments

• FrameLayout.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 9

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://github.com/Immorpher/DOOM64XE

This works in Not64 and doesn't have the issue reported at the top of the thread about the second level. You need DOOM64.WAD from the 2020 PC release to build the N64 ROM.

It has better brightness control, adds in the Lost Levels campaign and doesn't have the issue reported at the top of this thread about the second level. It also allows you to switch off filtering, which makes the pixel art in the game shine.

The next release will include the recently remastered version of 'Beta 64':

This explains what Beta 64 is:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Beta_64

Remastered version:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/beta-64-remastered

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried to get Super Mario 64 Multiplayer hack working , first as an inject, but I didn't get it done. Not even with several ini files and settings, so I gave up on that. The game seems to be working fine in Wii64 Rice, so I'll use that instead.

But the screen of player 1 is slighty off screen on the top. Is there any way to adjust this in the rom (or emulator)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto