Best way to play Majora’s mask?

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see for Not64/Wii64 there’s a compatibility list and there’s a part where the game gets stuck with the lens of truth and you can’t progress further, so I don’t really want to that route, unless someone can confirm that I can get past that part.

Then there’s Virtual Console or Nintendont which I’m thinking of going with either of them. If there’s a better way can someone please let me know. Thanks!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I see for Not64/Wii64 there’s a compatibility list and there’s a part where the game gets stuck with the lens of truth and you can’t progress further, so I don’t really want to that route, unless someone can confirm that I can get past that part.

Then there’s Virtual Console or Nintendont which I’m thinking of going with either of them. If there’s a better way can someone please let me know. Thanks!
either nintendont or official vc release if you patch the channel to remove dark filter imo.

vicstar19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either nintendont or official vc release if you patch the channel to remove dark filter imo.
I have the injector ready but on WUP installer it says I need sigpacthes for eshop/dlc when I download to USB. When I through mochaCFW (which I’m assuming is the sigpatches), and then install MM to usb on Wupinstaller , it tells me there’s no usb. Then I try to install to band and it tells me there’s not enough system memory even though the file is only 54MB. have an SD card, but USB and sd work the same correct?
Post automatically merged:

Best way to play... Sitting on a comfy seat with the lights out, snacks and juice ready within arms reach. Oh an N64 would help :ha: but since we're talking emulation, the vc with widescreen and dark filter patches are fine. My son played thru it no probs with that.
I have the injector ready but on WUP installer it says I need sigpacthes for eshop/dlc when I download to USB. When I through mochaCFW (which I’m assuming is the sigpatches), and then install MM to usb on Wupinstaller , it tells me there’s no usb. Then I try to install to band and it tells me there’s not enough system memory even though the file is only 54MB. have an SD card, but USB and sd work the same correct?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait 2 or 3 years for the Majora's Mask decompilation to be done and then for a Wii U version of the equivalent of Ship of Harkinian for Majora's Mask to be released.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

no the usb or sd are not the same lol

on wiiu you cant install stuff to sd card only console nand or usb formatted by the wiiu itself, so you dont even have 54 mb on your wiiu internal storage(nand)? obviously you need sigpatches(hacked console cfw) to start anything that isnt official.

have you ever installed anything ever on your console? do you know how to use wup installer?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

toolazytosearchitmyself

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to play it today then play it on a 3DS with the restoration patch applied. The 3DS game runs at 30FPS instead of 20 making it feel far nicer to play. If you're willing to wait a few years then as mentioned above, wait for the decompilation project to be completed and a PC port to be released.

https://github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Oh an N64 would help :ha:
Nothing tops original hardware xD

If you want to play it today then play it on a 3DS with the restoration patch applied. The 3DS game runs at 30FPS instead of 20 making it feel far nicer to play.
The game runs either way with 30fps. Even without the restoration patch.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My preferred way to play this amazing game is Majora's Mask 3D, with this restoration patch, that reverts some of the unfortunate changes/bugs with the 3DS remake (such as bringing back magicless Zora swimming, and fixing Deku hopping across water), streamlines the gameplay, and adds button mappings to touch screen elements.

It's practically perfect - to the point that I wish something similar was done for OoT3D, especially the gameplay streamlining and button mapping.

Reactions: emcintosh

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play it today then play it on a 3DS with the restoration patch applied. The 3DS game runs at 30FPS instead of 20 making it feel far nicer to play. If you're willing to wait a few years then as mentioned above, wait for the decompilation project to be completed and a PC port to be released.

https://github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration
Considering they're asking in the Wii U section and the possibilities of playing that they listed, I'm pretty sure the question is more specifically what's the best way to play the game on the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1