Emulation Best way to play every possible N64 game on wiiu

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
done, thanks!

last question: running wii64/wii 64 rice, if i push NEW ROM, it shows the cover of my roms. One is missing (boxart.bin missing): is it possible to add it?

thanks!
It is not possible to add the covers as far as I know there is no way
it finds the cover of the game by id inside the rom if the id doesn't match in the database the cover doesn't appear an example let's assume you have the American game super star soccer 64 and also the Japanese one note that the Japanese one won't have a cover by because his id doesn't count in the database to have the cover, this would be different if it were from retroarch

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks!

Now i want to add Not64 emulator too. I unzipped the latest version and i see the following files:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8sWfYFD/not64.png

I will put:
- the content of the apps folder (not64 folder) into the apps folder
- not64 folder into the root of my microSD
- not64.dol --> where i have to put it? This is my microSD: https://i.postimg.cc/QCXFLgvY/Cattura.png

thank you!
its the same as any wii apps

sd:apps/not64/boot.dol is all the dols you need the rest is extras

then sd:not64/roms to put your games.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks!

Now i want to add Not64 emulator too. I unzipped the latest version and i see the following files:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8sWfYFD/not64.png

I will put:
- the content of the apps folder (not64 folder) into the apps folder
- not64 folder into the root of my microSD
- not64.dol --> where i have to put it? This is my microSD: https://i.postimg.cc/QCXFLgvY/Cattura.png

thank you!
to run n64 on wiiu, wii64 1.3 and rice with overclock stil better to run on wiiu.

for exemplo:
The problem is that nowadays, so far the only way to play N64 on the Wii is to use these old Wii emulators, and also the limited injects for now, although it doesn't have its own N64 emulator for it, which is very sad. .

The wii64 and not64 are actually cool emulators, but they don't update with changes to improve the graphics plugin to run more games and then it ends up staying the same, the only difference is that the wii64 has support for the gamepad and also has a version using the plugin rice, which already runs a few more games, however, with today's more current plugins it could be better, the problem is that since it's a Wii game, it's still good for the Wii's limits.

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
its the same as any wii apps

sd:apps/not64/boot.dol is all the dols you need the rest is extras

then sd:not64/roms to put your games.
thanks, done!

Now i would like to install the Not64 channel as i already have the Wii64/Wii64 Rice but i installed them years ago and i don't remember which is the app I have to use to do that... probably i don't have that app anymore into my homebrewchannel application list... what do you suggest to use in order to install the wad
Probably i can use YAWMM, right? And which is the right .wad channel available here? https://wads.gabubu.gq/wads/ I suppose the vWii version, right? Do you know if it shoudl work on vWii? Or is it better to launch Not64 using HomebrewChannel?

thanks!

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks, done!

Now i would like to install the Not64 channel as i already have the Wii64/Wii64 Rice but i installed them years ago and i don't remember which is the app I have to use to do that... probably i don't have that app anymore into my homebrewchannel application list... what do you suggest to use in order to install the wad
Probably i can use YAWMM, right? And which is the right .wad channel available here? https://wads.gabubu.gq/wads/ I suppose the vWii version, right? Do you know if it shoudl work on vWii? Or is it better to launch Not64 using HomebrewChannel?

thanks!
anything goes really you can use any wup installer and just install a not64 channel, you wont get wiiugamepad support because not64 hasnt got wiiugamepad coded in but you can always overclock the channel to get some games running smoother

all you need is an app that makes wup isntalls and there are many afaik not sure what you used before.

you can get the channel here for wiiu
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h99o49f9r38v5ar/not64_vwii_overclock.rar/file

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this friend, what I meant above is that the best Wii emulators to use on the Wiiu are the Wii64 1.3 and the Wii64 1.3 rice which work better and you can use the gamepad as a control at least.
As for the Not64, it doesn't work on the gamepad and the pro controls that I have here don't work on it either, I tested both to compare and based on game support, it's the same thing, it has the same graphical bugs in the games, from what it looks like. the same compatibility now the wii64 has the advantage of at least using the gamepad and there is another version that runs some more games.

Analyzing well, the Not64 is good, but in terms of compatibility it is not different from the Wii64, it only loses to the Wii64 because you can still use the gamepad to play, not depending 100% on having to still use the Wii controls and the Wii64 still has a version that runs some additional games, that is, for those who have a Wii, not64 is good, but for those who use Wii, Wii64 1.3 is a better option.

anything goes really you can use any wup installer and just install a not64 channel, you wont get wiiugamepad support because not64 hasnt got wiiugamepad coded in but you can always overclock the channel to get some games running smoother

all you need is an app that makes wup isntalls and there are many afaik not sure what you used before.

Post automatically merged:

I didn't like Not64 to emulate on Wiiu because of:
I can't use the gamepad, my pro controls don't work, the game compatibility list is lower than that of the Wii64 1.3, and the Wii64 1.3 has the advantage of using the gamepad at least and also having rice mode, which increases the Compatibility with more games.

In short, I recommend the Wii64 1.3 along with the Wii 1.3 rice using the overclock on the WiiU, which at least allows you to use the gamepad to play without depending on Wii controls.

Unfortunately, it's been a while since the Wii64 has been updated and if you want to play with two people, you'll have to have Wii controls, but there's no way around it, but to play alone at least the gamepad works.

Not64 is better option on wii.
plays N64 on wiiu with wii64 1,3 version and rice version + injects games for vc n64 for wiiu virtual console.

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you just use your classic controller. I agree the Gamepad is awesome but the classic controller still works great and it's how many of us played our N64 games on the Wii Virtual Console back in the day

Not64 have better compatibility, it's not worth giving that up just for Gamepad support when you can just use your classic controller anyway

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why can't you just use your classic controller. I agree the Gamepad is awesome but the classic controller still works great and it's how many of us played our N64 games on the Wii Virtual Console back in the day

Not64 have better compatibility, it's not worth giving that up just for Gamepad support when you can just use your classic controller anyway
I thought so too, but I tested both, and I didn't notice a difference in compatibility, but rather content like being able to use the gamepad to play at least, in fact I saw more compatibility with the Wii64 1.3 and Wii64 1.3 Rice together, than the not64.

Well, the issue is that the Wii's controls are not very good for the reason that you need to use two controls to be able to play with one, for example wiimote + classic controllers, I would have to have the wiimote and the classic controller together to play with one control and still use batteries, all this to have the same game compatibility as the normal Wii64 1.3 without having the rice, this is only cool on the Wii where you can put gamecube controls and play smoothly, on the Wiiu you can use the gamepad at least To play better, that's cool, it would be better if it could be used for the Wiiu controller too, but that's not the case.
The truth is that it will only get better, the day the WiiU has its own N64 emulator, in the meantime the Wii64 is the best option to play N64 on the WiiU, together with the virtual console injects.

Another good example to give you an idea was the Wiistation, which at least had everything I said, but the N64 one was left out (support for the WiiU's own controls) although currently there is already a PS1 core on the WiiU, but that's all. I used it as an example to say how many control options it offered.

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country

thanks, i can install only this channel in order to use Not64 channel or is this the overclock only?

so i can use with Not64 the Wii classic controller connected to the wii Mote ?

I read that, checking my Nintendo64 games collection, some of them seem they play better on Not64. for example: GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, Star Soldier. I don't knwo if this is true...

Last edited by legolas119,

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks, i can install only this channel in order to use Not64 channel or is this the overclock only?

so i can use with Not64 the Wii classic controller connected to the wii Mote ?

I read that, checking my Nintendo64 games collection, some of them seem they play better on Not64. for example: GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's, Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, Star Soldier. I don't knwo if this is true...
every channel can be used overclocked or not, if you run the overclock file first it will be overclocked if not it wont.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Does anyone have some tips for me on how to get Perfect Dark working great with 4 players? I am using the overclock function and the newest version of NOT64 (20231102), but the music is playing slow in multiplayer and there are a lot of glitches while playing a game with 4. It seems that Wii64 Rice is a better option, but it's not perfect either.
Hope someone can give me some feedback.
Should I be using an older version of NOT64?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys,

Does anyone have some tips for me on how to get Perfect Dark working great with 4 players? I am using the overclock function and the newest version of NOT64 (20231102), but the music is playing slow in multiplayer and there are a lot of glitches while playing a game with 4. It seems that Wii64 Rice is a better option, but it's not perfect either.
Hope someone can give me some feedback.
Should I be using an older version of NOT64?
you will never have perfect 4 player perfect dark on wii/wiiu lol the game is pretty heavy on the console, heck on the real console 4 players would play under 15 fps too ...

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you will never have perfect 4 player perfect dark on wii/wiiu lol the game is pretty heavy on the console, heck on the real console 4 players would play under 15 fps too ...

Haha ok thanks!

Did you get Goldeneye X working on the Wii U? It seems that multiplayer deathmatch is working ok with some serious slowdowns, but I am not able to play any missions or coöperative. When I start such a mission every level is just black.

Update: not all missions are finished yet, didn't know that. So this is solved as well :-)

Last edited by L0w,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto