NeoDS Converter "sfix.sfx" file not found?

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I am currently trying to convert some Neo Geo roms for DS use; I have tried two different mame sets, made sure all the required files are in the bios zip folder but nothing I do can seem to get the exe to produce a .neo file. It seems to be looking for the "sfix.sfx" file and cannot find it. I double checked the bios zip file and found "sfix.sfix" but not ".sfx"

I found the .sfx file online incase it is actually different and added it to the zip so command line can find the file, but it still throws the same error that it can't find it, just says missing file.

Does anyone know why it doesn't like this? Are there different versions that are somehow specific to different romsets? Feeling a bit lost here

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Indy13

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so Im trying the method here again, and I'm getting a little farther. No longer looking for the sfix file now its saying opening file x21.bin - missing rom file.. I'll attach a photo. I've opened up a zip and looked for the file it says is missing; in one case it was .bin instead of .rom, so I renamed the extensions and ran the converter again, still no .neo files and missing file message..

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.14.25 AM.png

This is really bugging me.. @Indy13 when I tried the method you linked above, it told me "neodsconvert" not a valid command or application. Not sure, did I need to install the exe somehow?

EDIT: Okay, so, not sure what I changed but now it at least it is taking the command when I use the -bios8 deal; but it still says missing file.. The file its asking for is a .bin file but mine is .c1; I tried changing the extension on this one, but it still didnt like it... I will scour the internet for a collection with .bin extensions I guess? This doesn't seem right I must be missing something

EDIT2: Okay, so of the 4 or 5 collections I browsed online, every one of them had the .c1 .s1 etc extensions instead of .bin. What the hell? I tried an ordinary mame set and it at least had .rom extensions, but this still did not please NeoDSConvert...

Last edited by ichig0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?