Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No clue if this is the right place to ask, but any idea why Bust-a-Move DS/Hippatte Puzzle Bobble's music sounds like the orchestra's being assassinated when being loaded through Twilight Menu? I've tried both the International and the JP rom and neither seem to have correct sounding music.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue if this is the right place to ask, but any idea why Bust-a-Move DS/Hippatte Puzzle Bobble's music sounds like the orchestra's being assassinated when being loaded through Twilight Menu? I've tried both the International and the JP rom and neither seem to have correct sounding music.
Why that happens is because of a sound function not being patched like in other games.
It'll be patched for that game in the next nds-bootstrap version.

Reactions: JomasterII

wavemotion

Benign Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz (et al),

Any chance in a future TWL++ we can get mapping for .msx to launch in ColecoDS? I'm a half-day away from releasing 8.2 with much improved support for full keyboards across the board with some improvements to the MSX driver and a .msx game will load up perfectly from the command-line.

Similarly, the .ddp is a digital data pack that will load with ColecoDS's ADAM support as will a .dsk if those extensions aren't already in use.

.sc games will load as an SC-3000 variant of the .sg (SG-1000 console) with ColecoDS.

.mtx will load as Memotech MTX games in ColecoDS.

.pv will load as PV-2000 games in ColecoDS.

.cv will load as CreatiVision games in ColecoDS.

This was all true even with 8.1 (currently released) but it all gets a facelift with the upcoming 8.2.

Don't worry if these aren't easy to add... but wanted to give you guys the options!

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the update remove GBArunner on the DS screen at the beginning? I don't see it on the screen anymore, now it's Slot 1 or last played rom as the only options

Do I have to add it as a nds file with my roms

Yenam

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm playing Zelda Spirit Tracks, and the cheats menu show , i downloaded them in universal updater... i check and save them but they dont work in-game, i've tried "ds mode", no dice. After apps restart and some shenanigan 1 cheat started working, but not the rest. Help??????

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Zelda Spirit Tracks, and the cheats menu show , i downloaded them in universal updater... i check and save them but they dont work in-game, i've tried "ds mode", no dice. After apps restart and some shenanigan 1 cheat started working, but not the rest. Help??????
It is unfortunately normal for some cheats to not work.
Which cheat(s) isn't working?

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone,

I was looking online for an answer and couldn't find, so here I am.

I'm using the screen swap function on nds_bootstrap for some games as I prefer to have the top screen as main screen, but I have to make the swap every time I start a game.

While that is no too hard to do or anything, it is mildly annoying. So I was wondering if there was a way to save the settings somehow.

I'm playing on the 3DS through YANBF, if this changes the configuration or anything.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by verypedro,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I was looking online for an answer and couldn't find, so here I am.

I'm using the screen swap function on nds_bootstrap for some games as I prefer to have the top screen as main screen, but I have to make the swap every time I start a game.

While that is no too hard to do or anything, it is mildly annoying. So I was wondering if there was a way to save the settings somehow.

I'm playing on the 3DS through YANBF, if this changes the configuration or anything.

Thanks in advance
The setting will be saved per-game in the next nds-bootstrap version.

crispyfriedKFCrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today I booted up TWiLight menu ++ on my ACE3ds+ clone flashcart (on my 3DS). Usually I have it set so it boots up with a DSi splash screen. However, today it booted up with a Virtual Boy splash screen. I searched it up and apparently it's an April fools joke, but I checked my date and time and they were correct, so I'm unsure as to why this is happening. Any suggestions on how to fix?
Post automatically merged:

Never mind, just solved my own issue. The Virtual boy was released today in 1995 in America. Sorry for the message

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Today I booted up TWiLight menu ++ on my ACE3ds+ clone flashcart (on my 3DS). Usually I have it set so it boots up with a DSi splash screen. However, today it booted up with a Virtual Boy splash screen. I searched it up and apparently it's an April fools joke, but I checked my date and time and they were correct, so I'm unsure as to why this is happening. Any suggestions on how to fix?
Easily fixed by waiting for tomorrow lol.

You are seeing the Virtual Boy splash because the Virtual Boy came out in America on the 14th August 1995 and today is the 14th of August :rofl2:

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz

Could you add a way (TM settings option?) to be able to use codes by Game ID instead of only checksum?

The reason being: To be able to use cheats for ROM hacks like those for example NSMB DS that share the same ID as the original ROM.

It can be irritating having to use the r4 editor to add codes for every ROM hack.

Hopefully someone else can make a more stable replacement.

@RocketRobz
A repost of my question in case you missed it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz

Could you add a way (TM settings option?) to be able to use codes by Game ID instead of only checksum?

The reason being: To be able to use cheats for ROM hacks like those for example NSMB DS that share the same ID as the original ROM.

It can be irritating having to use the r4 editor to add codes for every ROM hack.
This is not planned, as there are some ROM hacks which may have different placements of their code, so there's a possibility of the cheat code not working without changing it for the ROM hack.

Reactions: _47iscool

Tdoghawks23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where would i be able to find some instructions on how to specifically download these pokemen rom hacks on my 2DS XL? i have yet to find a direct tutorial online

where would i be able to find some instructions on how to specifically download these pokemen rom hacks on my 2DS XL? i have yet to find a direct tutorial online

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Rocket TY for TW++
:-? I heard a rumor that there is no way to load/put cheats in to GB GBC or the GBA games is that true :-?
CIA files are mad stupid big :-<

@user above search roms on the net from your totally favorite search engine on your awesome browser
make a folder on the root of microsd card call
roms for what ever you are playing
Tadda
And you are well The awesome gamer of legend
The awesome gamer that is my ign

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: i put in my birth year as 2000 instead of 2008 because i was sleep deprived as FUCK and had...