Country
Spain
The best theme installer and manager for the Wii U yet

Features:
  • Good UI
  • Backup of current theme
  • Multiple themes in the same directory
How to install themes:
  1. Put the Men.pack and Men2.pack files of the theme in sd:/wiiu/themes/[theme name]
  2. Put theme_manager.rpx in sd:/wiiu/apps
  3. Run the homebrew
  4. Select the theme
  5. Profit!
Download: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager/releases
Source: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager

btw, I'd love if someone made an icon for this

Last edited by Xpl0itU,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate a good UI over how basic SDCafiine looks when using it as a Theme Selector, however, I do also like how using SDCafiine as a theme selector has the side effect of enabling SDCafiine for any game you load after using it as a theme loader. And that got me thinking. What happens when you launch this and then launch SDCafiine after? Is it like many homebrew apps in how they can't stack and the system will crash? If that is the case, I don't suppose there is a way you could mod this to launch this while optionally launching SDCafiine at the same time? Otherwise I suppose I could just keep both options available on my system.

Really, now that I think about it, I guess what I'm looking for is simply a redesign of SDCafiine, so that it has a nicer UI to select your mods before launching a title, other than the boring simple white text on black.

EDIT: Oh wait, is this installing the themes permanently each time? That's definitely one way to go for having a proper theme manager, and it should indeed allow for the likes of SDCafiine to launch as well. Not sure I'm too crazy about having to overwrite those files every time I want to change a theme, think that's part of why I've liked having SDCafiine as a theme loader, given that bad installs of these can lead to annoying bricks. Sure they can be recovered from in a coldboot cfw, but the less I have to worry and deal with that stuff the better. This definitely seems like it is less finicky than the FTP method though, so that's always a plus.

Still would love an update to SDcafiine UI though.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are themes safe to use? I was under the impression that they're still risky on WiiU.
As long as you have a coldboot modded Wii U (TIramisu or CBHC are fine), you will be OK. The only kind of brick you can receive in the process is recoverable thanks to those coldboot methods. Many people (myself included) actually did see this kind of brick, but we were all able to properly recover and get our permanent theme installed too. For more info just read the first post in my themes thread. However, if you receive this brick without being in a coldboot cfw, then you will be permanently bricked.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here are some suggestions i thought of since this is v1 maybe there could be a tester which works like sd caffine to test out your men.pack maybe there could be some form of store like there is with the switch to download trusted themes and not worrry about downloading bad themes not stuff thats needed but the idea of a full on wii u theme manager with all the stuff would be amazing:D still amazing work regardless of future features

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
here are some suggestions i thought of since this is v1 maybe there could be a tester which works like sd caffine to test out your men.pack maybe there could be some form of store like there is with the switch to download trusted themes and not worrry about downloading bad themes not stuff thats needed but the idea of a full on wii u theme manager with all the stuff would be amazing:D still amazing work regardless of future features
Your ideas aren’t bad but we already have replacements for them, for the tester, as you said, sdcafiine, and for the theme store, we have this post

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Features:
  • Good UI
  • Backup of current theme
  • Multiple themes in the same directory
How to install themes:
  1. Put the Men.pack and Men2.pack files of the theme in sd:/wii/themes/[theme name]
  2. Run the homebrew
  3. Select the theme
  4. Profit!
Download: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager/releases
Source: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager

btw, I'd love if someone made an icon for this
Good work!
I have found a small write error you need to put the Men.pack and Men2.pack files of the theme in sd:/wiiu/themes/[theme name]

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By the way, when you install the theme, you have to turn off the wii u normally and then unplug it, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in and the theme is installed correctly because it always resets if you don't do it that way. I just noticed it that way.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason the icon saved as nothing i fixed it tho this is the icon i made thoughts?
th (3).jpg.png

Reactions: chronoss

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!
Changelog:
  • Flushes the mlc now
  • Added error handling on backing up the current theme
This has been suggested by @GaryOderNichts on the Nintendo Homebrew discord server, so I hope you're happy now :)
would you happen to have that discord server address on hand? I'm a discord member, and I want to learn as much as possible. :)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even if I dislike theme managers as they need to tamper with NAND: Great work! :)

A few questions through (and sorry for me beeing too lazy to check sources atm) :
  • Does this have any kind of (semi) brick protection? I.E. does it verify the files after writing them to NAND?
  • Is this written with Aroma in mind, so are codes easy to adapt to Caffeiine?
  • Added error handling on backing up the current theme
This has been suggested by @GaryOderNichts
Don't know what the topic was exactly but I agree 100%: A tool tampering with NAND (again: I dislike theme managers for exactly this reason) should have a million of error detection and correction logics (like verifying written files and in case they are wrong: Undo by applying a backup. Then verify the backup has been applied correctly and so on).

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I only tied going online to sync trophies