Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks! I'll check it out later.
I've just got trouble using Nintendo DSi Sound. It only displays up to 100 music files in each folder... I used to google it and found this:
SCR_nDSI.jpg

lol... (I used to waste 7d searching for a nice music library downloading and converting, ando got that...)
I wanted to know if Nintendo DSi Camera shows only a maximum of 3000 files. I have not tested myself, and take 3000 pics would take like forever to do, so...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'll check it out later.
I've just got trouble using Nintendo DSi Sound. It only displays up to 100 music files in each folder... I used to google it and found this:
View attachment 410125
lol... (I used to waste 7d searching for a nice music library downloading and converting, ando got that...)
I wanted to know if Nintendo DSi Camera shows only a maximum of 3000 files. I have not tested myself, and take 3000 pics would take like forever to do, so...
That, I do not know.

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste
v26.4.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v26.4.0: TWL Christmas release
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.1.0 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• @DeadSkullzJr: Updated AP-fix for Pokémon: Refined Gold Overhaul (v3.1).
  • Add RAM limitation message (no music) for Glory Days: Tactical Defense on DS flashcards.
  • @DieGo367: DSi-based themes: Tweak startup jingle / music conditions (#2336).
  • Various: Updated translations.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed DSi Sound not being auto-set as a donor ROM in order for DSi-Enhanced games to run in DSi mode in DSiWare exploits (such as Memory Pit, Flipnote Lenny, stylehax, etc.).
  • Getting SysNAND region and launcher app settings works again.
  • @DieGo367: Fixed Slot-1 not loading in DS Classic Menu (#2335).
  • @DieGo367: DSi-based themes: Reworked box art clearing and missing box arts (#2338).
  • @NightScript: `Theme` is now the default music option.
  • Fixed startup jingle not playing in 3DS theme with 3DS menu music set.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

What's new?​

• Add RAM limitation message (no music) for Glory Days: Tactical Defense on DS flashcards.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed DSi Sound not being auto-set as a donor ROM in order for DSi-Enhanced games to run in DSi mode in DSiWare exploits (such as Memory Pit, Flipnote Lenny, stylehax, etc.).
  • @DieGo367: DSi-based themes: Reworked box art clearing and missing box arts (#2338).
  • @NightScript: Theme is now the default music option.
Felices fiestas y gracias.
Happy holidays and thank you. :yaynds:

Reactions: RocketRobz

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's new?​

Bug fixes​

• @NightScript: Theme is now the default music option.
Well what do you know, we both had an update on the same day lol.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil

What's new?​

Bug fixes​

• @NightScript: `Theme` is now the default music option.
Sweet :3
Happy holidays everyone!
Post automatically merged:

That, I do not know.
I decided to take all of those 3 thousand pics to test lol. it'll take like forever... (I'll answer if it is possible to take over 3K pics right here when I get done...)
also, can u tell me if I use to modify (hack) Pokémon games for GBA (R/S/E/FR/LG) using Advance Map to make unobtainable pokemon obtainable from water/grass/rock smash/safari if it will be recognized/saved/played at regular speed by GBARunner2 well just like the original (untouched) rom?
-edit: yape usage too.

I'd like to create a thread when everything here gets solved/finished how I used to do my new portable game device and which things I used to put inside.

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, can u tell me if I use to modify (hack) Pokémon games for GBA (R/S/E/FR/LG) using Advance Map to make unobtainable pokemon obtainable from water/grass/rock smash/safari if it will be recognized/saved/played at regular speed by GBARunner2 well just like the original (untouched) rom?
idk how those tools work, so idk. If the ROMs don't boot anymore, then the ROM now uses hicode. Otherwise, they should work fine at the same speed.

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sweet :3
Happy holidays everyone!
Post automatically merged:

I decided to take all of those 3 thousand pics to test lol. it'll take like forever... (I'll answer if it is possible to take over 3K pics right here when I get done...)

I'd like to create a thread when everything here gets solved/finished how I used to do my new portable game device and which things I used to put inside.
Maybe it is useful to someone, just let you guys know that Nintendo DSi Camera really goes up to 3K pics.
IMG_20231226_200030.jpg

This software creates many folders (each one countaining a maximum of 100 files) just like Nintendo DSi Sound (that recognizes up to 100 files for each folder, and amaximum of 3000k files)
Sorry if it's not the right proper place to share what I used to discover...

Trophies
XP
Are there futures plans for a grid option for the icons similar that of the 3DS's home menu? If not is it possible at all to make one?

Also on my DSi XL, Alien Hominid for GBA shows a black screen followed by a split second of static audio stuck on repeat after choosing the language, the Wiki says it should work on the DSi's version of Twiilight Menu, as opposed to the DS getting stuck on a white screen with no audio...
No other GBA games do this, and the rom works fine on other devices including emulators, got a fresh new rom and the same issue repeats. Any ideas?

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is not planned, but should be possible to implement.
Hola, se podría agregar soporte para estos juegos traducidos al español, (no los he probado todos) pero por ejemplo el FF los 4 héroes de la luz no permite guardar :wub:
Hello, support could be added for these games translated into Spanish, (I have not tried them all) but for example the FF the 4 heroes of the light does not allow saving :wub:

Last edited by furbi963,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola, se podría agregar soporte para estos juegos traducidos al español, (no los he probado todos) pero por ejemplo el FF los 4 héroes de la luz no permite guardar :wub:
Hello, support could be added for these games translated into Spanish, (I have not tried them all) but for example the FF the 4 heroes of the light does not allow saving :wub:
Please remove the ROM link from your post (as well as your DM).

It should be possible to add support.

Reactions: furbi963

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please remove the ROM link from your post (as well as your DM).

It should be possible to add support.
:bow: Oki. Se podría arreglar soporte también en el futuro a los próximos juegos traducidos por la scene hispana. Cuando estén dispones.

Oki... Support could also be arranged in the future for upcoming games translated by the Hispanic scene.:shy:When they are available :rolleyes::wub:

Si dejo él enlace de los proyectos de traducción está correcto, duda.

If I leave he link of the translation projects is correct, I doubt.
:blush::shy:

v26.5.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v26.5.0: New Years release
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.1.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Added AP-fix for Spanish translation of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
  • After launch, a message for if FAT takes a while to init on DSi/3DS SD Card is now displayed.
  • @DieGo367: Added show photo setting.

Bug fixes​

• Wario Land 4 will no longer launch without a GBA BIOS.
  • Attempted to fix the bug where the Unlaunch installer wouldn't boot using the 3DS theme.
  • @DieGo367: Fixed crash when missing pictochat/dlp/browser and cursor is over a folder.

Known bug​

• Year text in the Rocket Robz screen still displays 2023 as the last year.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
v26.5.0: New Years release
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.1.1 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Added AP-fix for Spanish translation of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
  • After launch, a message for if FAT takes a while to init on DSi/3DS SD Card is now displayed.
  • @DieGo367: Added show photo setting.

Bug fixes​

• Wario Land 4 will no longer launch without a GBA BIOS.
  • Attempted to fix the bug where the Unlaunch installer wouldn't boot using the 3DS theme.
  • @DieGo367: Fixed crash when missing pictochat/dlp/browser and cursor is over a folder.

Known bug​

• Year text in the Rocket Robz screen still displays 2023 as the last year.
I've made a news thread regarding this big update. Great job guys! ^_^
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-boo...io-on-nintendo-ds-and-ds-lite-consoles.645537

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this R4i3D cart and it works fine with TWiLight Menu++. I can get YSMenu to run on it also as it is a DSTT Clone I believe, but the weird thing is it will only run actual DS games. Any DSi enhanced games will white screen. I have used various DSTT Clones and never encounter something this bizarre. Why would the cart allow the game to run under TWiLight Menu++ but not YSMenu as DSI games run fine on other DSTT Clones?

All tested cards formatted using GuiFormat to FAT32 at 32k cluster size

Edit: Turns out it is simply microSD compatibility. I use TeamGroup brand 64 GB from Amazon for most of my carts and have never encountered a compatibility issue. Well the R4i3D refuses to launch DSI Enhanced games from this card. DS games launch fine which is really weird. Also Lexar brand would not work. Fortunately for me it seems to like the PNY Premiere-X line.

Anyone else have any interesting stories of microSD brands that did not work in their flashcart?

Attachments

• R4i3d back.jpg
    R4i3d back.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 14
  • R4i3D cart.jpg
    R4i3D cart.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 16
  • R4i3d front.jpg
    R4i3d front.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Lexar.jpg
    Lexar.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
  • PNY.jpg
    PNY.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 9
  • TeamGroup.jpg
    TeamGroup.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by stl25,

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there, seems that I am running into a issue with Twilight on a Flash Card.

I use a r4isdhc com card (with the year 2020 on it), which as it seems either runs Ysmenu or Twilight as a alternative, because it's a Time Bomb Card.

So I switched over to Twilight, mainly because I like the UI much more then Ysmenu (and for some old emulators, nes, gbc etc, it's nicer too imo).

The issue now tho is, tried 3 different brands of SD Cards (Samsung, Lexar, Netac) all 32GB in size and all formated to Fat32/32kb, while everything seems to work fine, it appears that Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver doesn't want to work with it (it crashes when entering / leaving the professors lab or acquiring the first pokemon) and just ends in a black screen (sound still going without any hiccups).

While other pokemon games seem to run without issues (played black to first gym).

I am using the lastest release of Twilight Menu for Flash Cards. Any idea what the issue could be here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto