Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there. I'm having a problem with settings.ini inside twl menu folder. There is no "GBARUNNER3_TEST" inside of it. I'm using version 26.1.1
Post automatically merged:

Also, I'm not able to find "bootstrap.nds" in order to rename it to GBARunner3
Post automatically merged:

I noticed that Pokémon file name bugs "é" letter so I had to rename it into "Pokemon" instead. The maximum files that can be displayed is 40. I'm customizing border frames for gba, and touching TWL menu settings. I disabled sound, and I'm still touching some settings to see what's inside of it.
I'm also curious if moonshell 2.10 is bootable from sd card using twl menu. Do you know if it is possible?

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I'm having a problem with settings.ini inside twl menu folder. There is no "GBARUNNER3_TEST" inside of it. I'm using version 26.1.1
You need to add the setting under "[SRLOADER]" then.
Also, I'm not able to find "bootstrap.nds" in order to rename it to GBARunner3
It should be in the "bootstrap" folder once you have run the "make" command after cd'ing to the "bootstrap" folder.
The maximum files that can be displayed is 40.
You can switch pages to see more. Top screen tells you how.
I'm also curious if moonshell 2.10 is bootable from sd card using twl menu. Do you know if it is possible?
No, it is (currently) not.

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
should be in the "bootstrap" folder once you have run the "make" command after cd'ing to the "bootstrap" folder
Ho do I do that?
All I have is _nds folder and inside of it nds-bootstrap folder, TWiLightMemu folder and some files. There is a file named nds-bootstrap-release and another nds-bootstrap-hb-release. Also, inside nds-bootstrap folder I only find 2 files: preLoadSettings 3DS/DSi all of 'em .pck files.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ho do I do that?
All I have is _nds folder and inside of it nds-bootstrap folder, TWiLightMemu folder and some files. There is a file named nds-bootstrap-release and another nds-bootstrap-hb-release. Also, inside nds-bootstrap folder I only find 2 files: preLoadSettings 3DS/DSi all of 'em .pck files.
You need to actually download the GBARunner3 repo here: https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3
If you still need help with it and/or to watch over development, please join our Discord server.

tk9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to work with Ace3DS+ clone flash cart? It is the one that is used for multicarts from china. I am currently using an original R4 but the microSD limit is such a bummer sometimes and I have that clone cart lying around in my drawer.

Last edited by tk9,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this going to work with Ace3DS+ clone flash cart? It is the one that is used for multicarts from china. I am currently using an original R4 but the microSD limit is such a bummer sometimes and I have that clone cart lying around in my drawer.
Yes, it works with Ace3DS+.

Reactions: tk9

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you for replying and I am sorry because I've another question. Does the native Gba mode on DSPhat/DSLite Support all Save Types and RTC?
All save types are supported, but RTC is not supported, and 128KB saves will be cut down to 64KB due to limitations.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, it's me, AGAIN, lmao!
I've found some no-intro dsi ware, like DSi Camera, DSi Sound (all of 'em .nds file extension)... Can I put those in the root of SD? Does TWiLight Menu read them normally? Also, these apps are able to have their settings saved (I mean like DSi Camera, when I favorite a photo)?

The other question is, I'm thinking about buying a real good microsd card to put in it, I think it's worth enough... So, I don't know if you know about SLC, MLC and TLC thing... If you don't, I'll make a quick explanation:
SLC = Single Level Cell / about 100.000 p/e cycles
MLC = Multi Level Cell / about 10.000 p/e cycles
and the card I'm currently owning...
TLC = Triple Level Cell / about 1.000 p/e cycles
I'm thinking about spending some really really real cash on HIGH ENDURANCE 32GB SD card (MLC). So, do you think it's better than my 16GB (TLC)? I mean, not in the meanings of endurance, but I think it reads data inside of it faster, and also writes faster... My only question is if it will be recognized by TWiLight Menu...

Oh, a curiosity of mine... When do you plan releasing GBARunner3? About June 2024 or later? What will happen to GBARunner2, will it be replaced?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, it's me, AGAIN, lmao!
I've found some no-intro dsi ware, like DSi Camera, DSi Sound (all of 'em .nds file extension)... Can I put those in the root of SD? Does TWiLight Menu read them normally? Also, these apps are able to have their settings saved (I mean like DSi Camera, when I favorite a photo)?
You can put them anywhere on the SD card except the _nds folder. The DSiWare titles will work normally, though certain system titles are not compatible, such as DSi Shop.
The other question is, I'm thinking about buying a real good microsd card to put in it, I think it's worth enough... So, I don't know if you know about SLC, MLC and TLC thing... If you don't, I'll make a quick explanation:
SLC = Single Level Cell / about 100.000 p/e cycles
MLC = Multi Level Cell / about 10.000 p/e cycles
and the card I'm currently owning...
TLC = Triple Level Cell / about 1.000 p/e cycles
I'm thinking about spending some really really real cash on HIGH ENDURANCE 32GB SD card (MLC). So, do you think it's better than my 16GB (TLC)? I mean, not in the meanings of endurance, but I think it reads data inside of it faster, and also writes faster... My only question is if it will be recognized by TWiLight Menu...
The DSi will recognize any SD card, and all should function the same.
Oh, a curiosity of mine... When do you plan releasing GBARunner3? About June 2024 or later? What will happen to GBARunner2, will it be replaced?
We don't know when it'll be released, but yes, it'll replace GBARunner2.

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can put them anywhere on the SD card except the _nds folder. The DSiWare titles will work normally, though certain system titles are not compatible, such as DSi Shop.

The DSi will recognize any SD card, and all should function the same.

We don't know when it'll be released, but yes, it'll replace GBARunner2.
Se sabe si GBARunner3 tendrá compatibilidad con los SAVE de GBARunner2? Duda.
Is it known if GBARunner3 will have compatibility with GBARunner2 SAVEs? Doubt.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there. Since I'm not going to use the SD I'm owning for now that much, I'm only accessing TWiLightMenu through memory pit exploit, in order to test which thing I'll transfer to the new one. So, I have tested myself some apps and...

- Nintendo DSi Camera (.nds file)
Works well, recognize system memory and sd memory, but I have not used to take a pic, since memory pit is in there, and I was afraid of something.

- Nintendo DSi Sound (.nds file)
It gives me the message "An error has occurred. Turn the system off and refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."
17010073242912424147684832214029.jpg

- MoonShell (version 0.6 2005/10/31)
It was the only old version I could find with a lazy web search, cuz I used to see some topics here on GBATemp that MoonShell 1.7.1 or older were able to run on TWiLightMenu. But this version (0.6 2005/10/31) gave me black screen and I could not proceed. The same problem happened to the apps bellow:
- BLARGH Text Editor (latest)
- Colors (latest) (it's an image editor)
- YetAnotherMp3Player

- DSiWare (.nds file)
All seems to work fine, excluding Nintendo software from DSi system (Camera worked fine)

Also, I'd like to ask if you know any mp3, aac, or other file extension player that runs with TWiLightMenu THAT IS NOT 'Nintendo DSi Sound', or if there is a way to fix problem with the Nintendo DSi Sound .nds file (not the system defaut).

Thanks! ^-^

EDIT:
I think I did something wrong with installation of MoonShell 1.7.1 before, so I download the files again and overwritted them on the sd card. Now I get blue screen on the upper screen and white on the bottom. A message says:
"boot MoonShell
Version 1.71
Mar 7 2007 20:15:44 GMT+09:00
NDS farmware language read error. ARM7CPU
stopped...?"

Last edited by Isso_Non_Ecxiste,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Since I'm not going to use the SD I'm owning for now that much, I'm only accessing TWiLightMenu through memory pit exploit, in order to test which thing I'll transfer to the new one. So, I have tested myself some apps and...

- Nintendo DSi Camera (.nds file)
Works well, recognize system memory and sd memory, but I have not used to take a pic, since memory pit is in there, and I was afraid of something.

- Nintendo DSi Sound (.nds file)
It gives me the message "An error has occurred. Turn the system off and refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details."
View attachment 406064

- MoonShell (version 0.6 2005/10/31)
It was the only old version I could find with a lazy web search, cuz I used to see some topics here on GBATemp that MoonShell 1.7.1 or older were able to run on TWiLightMenu. But this version (0.6 2005/10/31) gave me black screen and I could not proceed. The same problem happened to the apps bellow:
- BLARGH Text Editor (latest)
- Colors (latest) (it's an image editor)
- YetAnotherMp3Player

- DSiWare (.nds file)
All seems to work fine, excluding Nintendo software from DSi system (Camera worked fine)

Also, I'd like to ask if you know any mp3, aac, or other file extension player that runs with TWiLightMenu THAT IS NOT 'Nintendo DSi Sound', or if there is a way to fix problem with the Nintendo DSi Sound .nds file (not the system defaut).

Thanks! ^-^

EDIT:
I think I did something wrong with installation of MoonShell 1.7.1 before, so I download the files again and overwritted them on the sd card. Now I get blue screen on the upper screen and white on the bottom. A message says:
"boot MoonShell
Version 1.71
Mar 7 2007 20:15:44 GMT+09:00
NDS farmware language read error. ARM7CPU
stopped...?"
To fix DSi Sound, try an exploit other than Memory Pit, or use Unlaunch instead.
To fix certain homebrew, use Unlaunch instead of a DSiWare exploit such as Memory Pit. Otherwise, use a flashcard instead.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
To fix DSi Sound, try an exploit other than Memory Pit, or use Unlaunch instead.
To fix certain homebrew, use Unlaunch instead of a DSiWare exploit such as Memory Pit. Otherwise, use a flashcard instead.
I uninstalled unlaunch cuz I'm not goint to use this micro sd much longer. It's only for testing purposings. I want to buy a 32GB micro sd, but 1st I'm using this one to see what I'll put in the new one.

I noticed that running GBA games through the Nintendo DSi Camera method was very bad, sound had so much noise and I installed unlaunch again, since I have not finished my GBA game library yet.

And with unlaunch, Nintendo DSi Sound OPENED AND IT IS WORKING!!!

I'll continue testing things here, but I'll try don't disturb you so much, I know you're busy.

Again, thank you ^-^
Sorry for any inconvenience I used to cause.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uninstalled unlaunch cuz I'm not goint to use this micro sd much longer. It's only for testing purposings. I want to buy a 32GB micro sd, but 1st I'm using this one to see what I'll put in the new one.

I noticed that running GBA games through the Nintendo DSi Camera method was very bad, sound had so much noise and I installed unlaunch again, since I have not finished my GBA game library yet.

And with unlaunch, Nintendo DSi Sound OPENED AND IT IS WORKING!!!

I'll continue testing things here, but I'll try don't disturb you so much, I know you're busy.

Again, thank you ^-^
Sorry for any inconvenience I used to cause.
Just so you know, Unlaunch gets installed to the DSi itself and not your SD card.
Also, it is not recommended to use Unlaunch's uninstall feature, as it has a high chance of bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto