Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz

Could you add a way (TM settings option?) to be able to use codes by Game ID instead of only checksum?

The reason being: To be able to use cheats for ROM hacks like those for example NSMB DS that share the same ID as the original ROM.

It can be irritating having to use the r4 editor to add codes for every ROM hack.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, Unlaunch is still required.

Hopefully someone else can make a more stable replacement.

SageWilson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, first time here, not sure if this is the best place to put this. But I was trying to play Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors on the GBC emulator through Twilight Menu on my original first model 3ds. I frequently run into the whole game freezing, and haven't found anybody else with this issue. Is there a process or series of fixes I can try? I'd appreciate any help if possible

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, first time here, not sure if this is the best place to put this. But I was trying to play Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors on the GBC emulator through Twilight Menu on my original first model 3ds. I frequently run into the whole game freezing, and haven't found anybody else with this issue. Is there a process or series of fixes I can try? I'd appreciate any help if possible
Sounds like you have gotten a corrupted ROM.
If the ROM works fine outside of GameYob, then it might not be properly supported.

SageWilson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the ROM works fine outside of GameYob, then it might not be properly supported.
I'll test it out real quick on desktop and report back here or on the GameYob thread my findings. Thank you so much
Post automatically merged:

Tested the rom on desktop emulator for longer than I played on GameYob and it worked perfectly. Found a compatibility list for GameYob that didn't even mention this game, so it's kind of a miracle it ran at all if nobody else tested it. Gonna post my findings over on the other thread too

Last edited by SageWilson,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Oskar.Dandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I set NEW_SNES_EMU_VER = 1 in settings.ini, New version of SNEmulDS (0.6c) is working (savestates allowed).
If I set NEW_SNES_EMU_VER = 0 in settings.ini, Old version of SNEmulDS (0.6) is working.
Okay so when I set NEW_SNES_EMU_VER = 1 as the first line of settings.ini, it launches 0.6c
But unlike the OG snemul, it can't boot large roms!

Last edited by Oskar.Dandy,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would it be possible to save the screen position for games? For example, I enjoy playing DQ9 with the screens swapped (bottom on top instead,) but I have to swap it with each launch. It would be cool to just save that swap and have it boot into that by default for that game

Reactions: Tarmfot

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to save the screen position for games? For example, I enjoy playing DQ9 with the screens swapped (bottom on top instead,) but I have to swap it with each launch. It would be cool to just save that swap and have it boot into that by default for that game
Yeah, it's possible to implement.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated via Universal Updater and I downloaded a new theme off there at the same time, and my game layout and settings got reset. Which one would've caused that? I'm assuming the update? Should I just download off Github in the future?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated via Universal Updater and I downloaded a new theme off there at the same time, and my game layout and settings got reset. Which one would've caused that? I'm assuming the update? Should I just download off Github in the future?
None of them would've caused that. I have no idea why the layout and settings have gotten reset.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of them would've caused that. I have no idea why the layout and settings have gotten reset.
Hm, so I looked at the game order config file of an old SD Card backup I had and the current one. And it looks like in the old one there was something like 3 = New Super Mario Bros..nds, but now there's something like sd:/roms/nds = Super Mario 64 DS.nds:Mario Kart DS.nds under that initial list. The initial list is still the same but this new list under it is the current one.

Has the formatting changed and that's why? I haven't updated in over a year

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, so I looked at the game order config file of an old SD Card backup I had and the current one. And it looks like in the old one there was something like 3 = New Super Mario Bros..nds, but now there's something like sd:/roms/nds = Super Mario 64 DS.nds:Mario Kart DS.nds under that initial list. The initial list is still the same but this new list under it is the current one.

Has the formatting changed and that's why? I haven't updated in over a year
That apparently seems to be the case.

Freb08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am having a problem with Pokémon white 2 where it says that the DSi binary's are missing so I ran it in DS mode but whenever I look at my Pokémon's summary the game freezes.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am having a problem with Pokémon white 2 where it says that the DSi binary's are missing so I ran it in DS mode but whenever I look at my Pokémon's summary the game freezes.
If it's a ROM hack or randomized ROM, then you need to AP-patch the clean ROM first, before applying the ROM hack patch or randomizer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.