๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
AppleBelly said:
Uncomment the follow piece of code:

Code:
// Hum... need to check this later, might be the reason for memory leaks and the 20ish cover bug...
//
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Free memory */
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (imgData != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData1 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData1);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData2 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData2);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData3 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData3);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData4 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData4);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData5 != coverImg)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂif (imgData6 != coverImg)

Its a pretty consistent issue people are having, so my best bet is that this is the issue.
AB You have a good future waiting for this loader , why you stopped working on it , if don't want to reply in public send me a PM please , I support your project and I know success is waiting for it
wink.gif

AppleBelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
AppleBelly said:

Code:
// Hum... need to check this later, might be the reason for memory leaks and the 20ish cover bug...
//
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

Its a pretty consistent issue people are having, so my best bet is that this is the issue.
AB You have a good future waiting for this loader , why you stopped working on it , if don't want to reply in public send me a PM please , I support your project and I know success is waiting for it
wink.gif

I spent about 4 days working on the loader, getting certain features added and bugs fixed. I wanted to take it much further and even was working on a new version that actually used the Wii's graphics processor to do the images (much faster and smoother). However i don't think certain people respect the work i did in my own free time, that being mainly cdreams. Not to appear rude, but he basically made me fed up with working on it. If i could had banned him from the thread i would had. He was constantly impatient, he was rude when something wasn't done how he expected, he got 56killer to make him a custom version and then complained at me for not including 56killer's changes into my code (sorry, but WTF?). Demanding to have a second page added (sorry but whats the point when the code was constantly changing????).

You guys saw how it was progressing when i was working on it, just think how much further it would had been without cdreams spoiling it for everyone. I did this out of my own free time, and you read that other thread, see how cdreams just abused it.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hum... you can always join back the fun AB.
You know you did an impressive work, it's all up to you to come back.

I'm planning to add all the USBLoader v1.5 improvements. I know (because i have the source) that most of your work was based off Oggzee's work, so why don't you continue?
We can team up to make it even better.
I've got ideas to mimic the coverflow (like stretching the small covers in a way so that they look like the coverflow demo lurking here). You know where i am, just hit me.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
AppleBelly said:
BIG MOE said:
AppleBelly said:

Code:
//
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData);
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

wink.gif

I spent about 4 days working on the loader, getting certain features added and bugs fixed. I wanted to take it much further and even was working on a new version that actually used the Wii's graphics processor to do the images (much faster and smoother). However i don't think certain people respect the work i did in my own free time, that being mainly cdreams. Not to appear rude, but he basically made me fed up with working on it. If i could had banned him from the thread i would had. He was constantly impatient, he was rude when something wasn't done how he expected, he got 56killer to make him a custom version and then complained at me for not including 56killer's changes into my code (sorry, but WTF?). Demanding to have a second page added (sorry but whats the point when the code was constantly changing????).

You guys saw how it was progressing when i was working on it, just think how much further it would had been without cdreams spoiling it for everyone. I did this out of my own free time, and you read that other thread, see how cdreams just abused it.
I totally understand your point here , and I do respect all opinions , the bottom line is how we can work this issue out and get back on track , I guess Cdreams and Don Killah do agree that joining forces with respect and mutual understanding is for the benefit of the project and thanks to all cause we do use our free time to work for the community so let's cheer each other not disrespect each other , now if that doesn't work somehow I do have another solution I 'll talk about it then
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Don Killah said:
oO what are you talking about? did i ever spit at anyone's ?
Come on mate...

offtopic: you're syrian mate? muslim or not?
when I said work together I didn't say you did something wrong buddy !! I'm trying to clear the cloud to have a good work in progress for this project and I saw that you are helping on it that's why I mentioned your name respectfully
wink.gif

Aofftopic: sure I'm Syrian . what difference does it make ??

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Don Killah said:
np, let's avoid it then.
so what's this project you were talking about lately?
I'm talking about the USB Loader With Cover Flow , since AB in a way stopped working on it and things went sour , and I think this should get fixed and it will be the most running Loader with high rates of success , don't you think ??

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine just says... "Initializing network" for about 10 seconds and then gives up and shows the no cover available icons for everything.

Is downloading covers from the internet not implemented?

It worked fine in AppleBelly's.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok what am i doing wrong? i placed the usbloaderAB in the root and placed the other in the apps
when i load it up thru the channel i just get a black screen?

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey DK, Just stumbled across the thread and took the Alpha for a spin.

I Must admit, it's looking great!.

The only glitch I've noticed is that I can't get it to force NTSC Video on PAL Games (NTSC-U Wii) you're readme says that video has been fixed in this alpha, but that may not be what you are referring too. That being said the language is now defaulting to my system language which is an improvement over the Alpha 1 version.

Anyways, thought I'd give you my results so far... looks great so far, keep up the work.

Cheers,

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok do i need to have the usb 1.4 to be able to run this?
because the loader comes up with the box art going across the screen but it say's at the top SD/USB Loader v 1.2, i have also put my box art into the correct folders but none show up also don't have any of the background images that it shows in the folder.

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
pepperoni said:
Mine just says... "Initializing network" for about 10 seconds and then gives up and shows the no cover available icons for everything.

Is downloading covers from the internet not implemented?

It worked fine in AppleBelly's.
That's what i'm getting too, however first attempt did try to dowload covers but just sat there, ever since i've had the Initializing network issue.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
First let me thank everyone who contributed with the feedback, your help is really appreciated.
However, may i suggest you to give more specific info for the feedback like this:
Wii: [PAL/NTSC-J/NTSC-U] and the SystemMenu version.
Bug: description of the issue

Wii : NTSC-U 3.2u
Bug : can't get it to force NTSC Video on PAL Games.

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@pepperoni:
channel not working? are you talking about a channel forwarder? it's not implemented for now (don't even know how to handle this for now... let's see this later, ok?)

@pepperoni, niceguychris:
internet download is not working for you, ok. i'll fix this when i get my wii back later today.
but i want to know if you're accessing the net over wifi or lan. does it works with other loaders?

@jebrown19:
ok i'll dig this mate. i'm on PAL running my pal/ntscj games (Tatsuniko vs Capcom for ex) fine without forcing the video. try this, it may work for you and report back (if it worked or not).

I need to get in touch with someone with the infamous 'abort called' bug, so we can work on fixing this issue.

Cdreams, i see that you managed to log in... Have you seen that i changed the way to trigger the settings sreen (Button2 -> ButtonB), so you might need to change the png...

niceguychris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cbbarker.blogspot.com
XP
Country
DK,

Running over WiFi, tried it with AB revision 8 and worked fine, there was another loader I tried the other day (can't remember it' name) that failed on downloading covers but I think that's only because I had'nt created the necessary folder structure on my SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.