Coverflow7 USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cdreams, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009

Coverflow7 USB Loader by cdreams at 2:10 AM (165,224 Views / 0 Likes) 998 replies

1. cdreams
    OP

Member cdreams GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    OK I will be updating in the thread as normal but I will keep the first post updated with the newest images and information on how to use them.

Don Killah is including notes in the actual loader package itself so make sure you check those when installing to your SD card:

Example Background - Dark
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOADS
    Coverflow7-Rev9 Alpha6 by DK
    http://rapidshare.com/files/231467334/CF7_rev9a6-051009.rar

Coverflow7-Channel WAD Cdreams & Oops

http://superuploader.net/12ba01544573-Cove...t-CF7L-wad.html

CHANGELOG
    Rev 9 Alpha 6 - 10/05/09:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

OTHER INFO
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

VIDEOS
    New video of CF7-Rev9 Alpha6 coming soon

2. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nobody interested at all [​IMG]

I updated the original so you can see what it will look like when it's loaded on the Wii and the game images are in place. Looks pretty nice and a nice solution while we wait for the 3D version to be made that's on the other thread.

Everyone must be asleep lol.

3. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry to bump the thread, but obviously most people probably missed this last night while asleep. Is there a coder who can help me out here please.

Much appreciated [​IMG]

4. gitkua

Member gitkua GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Dude, posting three times in your own thread [​IMG] anxious much?
    Anyway, I was helping you already, but I'm at work right now, so you'll have to wait if you still want my help... tonight I'll have access to my Wii, so I'll be able to test/debug myself...

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Why don't you write all your code into a .c and .h file pair with a main function.

And from inside the usb loader you call the function and provide the game list to the function. And then your function displays the selection menu, loads the covers etc. and if you press A to start, then the function returns the discid of the selected game back to the usb loader.

This would be very nice and everybody could use your nice menu in his prefered loader mod with all functions he wants.

6. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    @ WiiPower

That was like you were talking in a foreign language to me lol. I don't have a clue how to do what your saying there, unless it was meant for gitkua.

@gitkua

Yes still hoping you can help out and work on this. Would you be able to start from a basic loader though. As I say, I'm just looking for some personal help with a loader that I want to use myself. So if the basics are there, and running, then hopefully everything else can be added as people please. For me though I'm not that bothered about all the bells and whistles just now.

7. grante

Newcomer grante Advanced Member

United States
    You're graphics look awesome.

Personally I'd wait a bit until the existing loaders we have get their bugs worked out, then see about modifying one of them to look like that. The code for them is changing too quickly right now and if you made any changes you'd spend hours trying to integrate the updates they are making.

8. gitkua

Netherlands
    don't really see the point, in the latest source's from AppleBelly the GUI is already split from the other functions, so there's no real need to do this...

9. fishears

Member fishears fishears

United Kingdom
    I don't think he has any code at this point - just concept art (correct me if i'm wrong).

10. gitkua

Netherlands
    No it's just a background for the custom loader AppleBelly made... But he needs the images positioned to fit his background [​IMG]

11. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah right now I can use AppleBelly's loader and it will load the background fine. However his coordinates were based off a picture I made that was off centre. This has been fixed but the code hasn't and I can't get it fixed to match and line up.

Regarding new code. I'm actually not bothered what loader is used, whether it has all the features or none at all besides loading the games from the usb and as long as it can load the game covers to the proper places.

What I'm ideally hoping for is the following:

1) A USB loader that loads the small box images and the large one into the correct positions. Then when I puss left or right it changes the images accordingly . Pressing A selects that game and loads it.

2) When button 2 is pressed it is able to load a second png (settings.png) which will be an image that has all the intructions for what button does what, for when features do get added.

3) features are added to the loader and using the settings page, you can turn them on or off and it will save those settings to wherever, sd or usb, whatever is easiest to work.

options that would hopefully be in the final version would be stuff like Auto-download of covers, cheat codes (Ocarina) ect.

As of now though, this is more a personal goal to get the loader working for myself and then I'm hoping people will want to use it enough and add features to it. This will probably be replaced when that 3D Coverflow one gets made, because that is basically what this is meant to be in 2D form. A nice little functioning stopgap. Hence why the features and complicated code are not really needed right now, just the bare minimum to get it working.

Gitkua

Her is the coordinates places on the image so you know what is what or for anyone else:

[​IMG]

12. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Edit by Don Killah :
    //ALWAYS CHECK THIS POST FOR THE LAST RELEASE AS CDREAMS MIGHT NOT ALWAYS UPDATE THE 1ST POST BUT I'LL DO
    // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Link to the latest released version - USB Loader v0.9 alpha6 by DK :
    // http://rapidshare.com/files/231467334/CF7_rev9a6-051009.rar
    //
    // Previous versions:
    // USB Loader v0.9 alpha 5 by DK : http://rapidshare.com/files/229934251/CF7_rev9a5-050609.zip
    // USB Loader v0.9 alpha 4 by DK : http://rapidshare.com/files/229226922/CF7_rev9a4-050509.zip
    // USB Loader v0.9 alpha 3+ by DK :http://rapidshare.com/files/223040922/usbl...-dk_v0.9a3_.zip

Rev9alpha 3 video - thanks to wiinublet and "bwing2k2":

Changelog for rev9alpha6:

13. Don Killah

France
    Yep you're right mate, i just move the gfx, that's why i wanted to help him out, but i don't really have the time for it. i'm doing this on my spare time...
    so i'm really thinking in dropping the project once i've got this rev9 working stable or take the source for Whiss ULv6.7 and integrate it to work with cdreams' design.
    It might take less time and also easier to implement all upcoming fixe/additions.

14. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    @ Don Killah

Seriously you ARE the man [​IMG]

This sounds like your on step three of my little list lol, that was quick.

Extremely grateful Don for your hard work and everyone else who has helped on this, and that includes AppleBelly, even though we never saw eye to eye. But my hat goes off to you Don. I asked for something to please my personal preferences and you have pulled through.

I think there are people out there that will enjoy this too. Not all of us have 100+ games and it's a very nice looking loader for us with smaller lists. With the config/settings page it will allow people to have all the options if they so desire, but it's not in the way of the main loader and it's aesthetics.

I'm going to fix up the config.png to match the restyles light background above, so it should be a lot cleaner. Will need to be later though as I have to go do some acting today so will be away on set for a couple of hours. But when I get back I will start on it.

Don, Regarding the place where you select the options in the config page, do you need the coordinates for the box where it's to load to?

15. Don Killah

France
    no, the only thing you hould need to improve is the "box" for the console in the settings.png.
    make it bigger and almost in front of the gfx on the left...
    hold one ima make a small pic...

16. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK.

See the main image, does the cosole text still load below the main game image?

17. Don Killah

France
    here's more or less what i meant, sorry for the colors my Photoshop profile's got screwed up, no time to update it
    [​IMG]

i'm gonna check later for the console in the main picture, but coords could be easily fixed.
    i've got to go, see you later.

18. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sounds and looks fine to me.

I take it that image has the correct coordinates for it or does it matter too much as long as it's roughly in that area?

regarding the main page, I don't even need a console there, but if there has to be one, can the background be white or even transparent and the text dark grey?

19. Don Killah

France
    settings.png:
    no, it's only a rough area... just for you to get what i meant.
    but we can always cut/paste the box to where we want once the main code is working: like shrinking/expanding/moving it to the final position.
    by the way, i think that the "blue" line is kind of "ugly". we need to keep it gray just like in the main picture for niceness (does this word exist? oO)

main.png:
    we can ditch the game's title if you want, but we might need it for user interaction like
    no usb friver detected, do you want format?
    remove add a game and stuff like that...
    maybe it can only be a line, like the one at the top but in an mirrored version like this... (again my 2 cents):

settings:

[​IMG]

main:

[​IMG]

again, it's only a rough test, you need to keep the gradient and the lines, it just to show what i mean, plus you might want to make bigger (widden?) the part at the top (with the line and the curve next to the text) so it's eaier to modify for specific later needs.

this time, i'm really off.

20. cdreams
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah the settings.png will be made to match the main image with the grey when i get back this evening. I have the top banner saved so it's easy to fix.

Sounds good about the console being able to just move wherever then it can be coded, excellent.

Yeah the main page console, well it would be good if it never showed unless under those circumstances and then even just a line, maybe located somewhere like this:

[​IMG]

That is the modified image with where the console text could be and with the wider bit at the top for more text where it says Game Select.